Secret Prisons

Can't be all that secret then ?

Secret prisons reflect a parallel legal system for prisoners who are denied access to communications, deprived of their due process rights, and hidden from public scrutiny.

Not that anyone does not know about them its just what goes on inside....Of course if you look at it that way every prison would be secret really but these so called secret ones stand out in a bad way I guess.

I'm all for secret prisons.

Why not ?

After all, the USA has a neat little get around the problem of not being able to 'robustly' question people who it suspects of holding information it would like to share, but the law prevents it from applying pressure to; It simply sends them abroad to countries who don't give a rats as long as they get paid.
So the letter of the law has been observed; if not the spirit.

With a secret prison or two you can cut out the middle man.

HAL.:devilish:

Reactions: Area201
Alexey Navalny Heart GIF by GIPHY News

Darn. That's cold, HAL.🥶

Guess it does look that way. But it's true. No doubt we do something similar, as will every other country.

What I find really annoying is this 'right to silence'. I would do away with it tomorrow.

The cops catch some toe rag who, say, sets fire to a company.

When questioned he simply says 'no comment'. His lawyers will probably have told him to say this. So, The cops know he did it, and he is probably going down due to other circumstances that tie him to the crime.

In your country he could, I believe, 'take the Fifth'.

He can sit there smirking or stone faced. but doesn't have to admit to anything, nor even deny it.

As his guilt is known , maybe a few minutes in a cellar with some people who don't share his sense of humour would get him to change his ways.

Roll on the day when you can simply clip a helmet onto a suspect and read his thoughts.

HAL.

So, you have to ask, 'why did he go back ?'

Not going back he'd eventually be killed, going back he is armed with the expose Putin's Palace, his only shot at getting the Russian people to rise up.

He goes back, he is jailed, probably still dies, but there is a huge push, that might be effective at some point if it continues. Bigger upside ?

To be honest I pay very little attention to who post what...I figure since 99.9% of people on the internet know it all I just assume.

Not going back he'd eventually be killed, going back he is armed with the expose Putin's Palace, his only shot at getting the Russian people to rise up.

He goes back, he is jailed, probably still dies, but there is a huge push, that might be effective at some point if it continues. Bigger upside ?
I doubt it.
The Russians remember the last great uprising. And what happened after the Czar was 'removed'.

Better the devil they know than the ones they may unleash.