Simulacrums and Pareidolia

D

Dr Wu

index.php

An example of how the eye can be fooled....child on fathers knee and mother to the right but many only see the head sideways of Jesus...or a bearded man.

Any way wanted to start a thread on these images where we are fooled....post one.
Fits into the theme of people being fooled by things they see like ufos, ghosts, or paranormal things.

index.php

An example of how the eye can be fooled....child on fathers knee and mother to the right but many only see the head sideways of Jesus...or a bearded man.
Easy enough when you realise the child is wearing a bonnet. And you focus on her face.
But quite hard until you do.

I borrowed that image from one of the posts at Forteana as you probably know.
But I hope people will post other similar imagery for us to discuss.

I am assuming this thread was inspired by your recent posts on the other thread suggestion that my interpretation of the image was Pareidolia. However...

In your image I too saw the Jesus face, and it took a while to spot the baby.
So yes I fell for the Pareidolia trap.

But I don't see how this relates to UFO sightings.
Pareidolia is primarily making images out or random stuff.
Clouds etc.

But you cant use a broad brush stroke like that for UFO sightings.

Below is an image made of icons to look like Marylyn Monroe.

Is this Pareidolia? Becasue it is NOT Marylyn.
It is a collection of Icons.
Yet it is also Marylyn.

I find it strange that people can generalize to make one point, then in another post
demand specifics.

It is often a matter of context and personal belief and bias that decides
if something is credible or not, Pareidolia or a valid image,

I find it frustrating that the two different requirements of credibility seem interchangeable depending in the opinion,

2f21fb5f9c2b9630e7769a7f962db4ee.jpg

Is this Pareidolia? Becasue it is NOT Marylyn.
It is a collection of Icons.
Yet it is also Marylyn....

It is utilising the images as a collection of pixels.

Much the same as printed images have always done.

The hammered glass in my bathroom window can be the source of many and varied images if the light and my angle of viewing is just right.

The thread is just about simulacra and other strange perceptions....not necessarily about ufo sightings per se.
I find it very interesting that you immediately jumped to that conclusion. That seems to say a good deal about your own bias
on these matters.

Regarding the pics of that space debris/object....I don't recall bringing up pareidolia at all when analyzing it.
The NASA images are not really an example of this phenomenon of pareidolia or simulacra.

]............................

Regarding the pics of that space debris/object....I don't recall bringing up pareidolia at all when analyzing it.
The NASA images are not really an example of this phenomenon of pareidolia or simulacra.

That is exactly what you did in post 104 on that thread