Site News & Support

@LETA Actually, my blogging is over dark stories, paranormal, ufos, and alike. I will write more about conspiracy topics, but, I'm trying to refrain from using the actual word "conspiracy". I would like to show up on Google SERPs ;p
How certain are you that Google will discriminate against your site for using that word? Is that an established fact or just a rumour? If that is Google's policy, then AB doesn't stand a chance of ever appearing on a Google search. But we do, though we are buried on the third or fourth page when you do a search for "ufo forums."

@LETA So, before I attempted opening The Mothership. I was told form multiple people that Google/Youtube prevents conspiracy based sites from ranking in order to mitigate the spread of mis-information (like covid stuff mainly). Not sure about ads.

@LETA So, before I attempted opening The Mothership. I was told form multiple people that Google/Youtube prevents conspiracy based sites from ranking in order to mitigate the spread of mis-information (like covid stuff mainly). Not sure about ads.
"The Mothership" is quite a catchy name. I think it has a future. Yeah, I read what ppl told you on TAZ, and that is why I decided to chime in on the conversation. Truth is, I really don't occupy myself with SEO stuff 'cus I don't understand it too much. It seems the majority of ppl worried about it are running for-profit sites. If that is your goal, then it behooves you to please Google. Hopefully, I won't have to run adds and stuff on here to keep AB going. Cheap hosting has actually served me well for the last 3 years lol.

Reactions: Nabix
@LETA I'm still holding onto the domain lol I've considered opening The Mothership using Flarum. But, the blog is working right now. So, I need to focus on that. Which soon I'm going to start advertising for more authors.

@LETA I'm still holding onto the domain lol I've considered opening The Mothership using Flarum. But, the blog is working right now. So, I need to focus on that. Which soon I'm going to start advertising for more authors.
Lord (lol), how about posting a thread about your blog on our alien and ufos in the media section so we can visit and I can promote it to an article? No pressure ;-)

@LETA Thanks, I would love to once I finish importing my articles from Medium.

I'm setting a goal for myself to post an article-a-day for 30 days. I'm going to try and start Monday, once I compile a list of prospective articles.

@LETA Thanks, I would love to once I finish importing my articles from Medium.

I'm setting a goal for myself to post an article-a-day for 30 days. I'm going to try and start Monday, once I compile a list of prospective articles.
You write for Medium? That's awesome. No worries about the thread. Post it whenever you feel like it :D

@LETA Yes I do.

Haven't been about to post in a while with covid making my lifestyle forcibly change. Recently, things are going back to somewhat normal.

Reactions: LETA
@LETA Yes I do.

Haven't been about to post in a while with covid making my lifestyle forcibly change. Recently, things are going back to somewhat normal.
Bloody hell mate, your going to give me nightmares posting that site.
I killed my parents and put them in the fridge!! Corpse stains.
That is some pretty dark content, not my bedtime material lol
Each to there own, looks like a well structured site?

Is that the kind of thing Mothership will be. Like Leta said, great name.

Or will Mothership like the name implies be UFO based?

Nice to see you posting again by the way.

Reactions: Nabix
That's some quality writing right there. Not particularly my cup of tea, but hey! I think you will find this song funny:

I'm adding an array of new content. Mothman, man eating worms, ufo occurrences, etc.

I haven't heard sido in a long long time lol Thats funny, people still listen to him in the states. :p

Bloody hell mate, your going to give me nightmares posting that site.
I killed my parents and put them in the fridge!! Corpse stains.
That is some pretty dark content, not my bedtime material lol
Each to there own, looks like a well structured site?

Is that the kind of thing Mothership will be. Like Leta said, great name.

Or will Mothership like the name implies be UFO based?

Nice to see you posting again by the way.

Shock stories work really well. There's a fine line to where it becomes too far. So, I try my best not to cross that. That site is just Medium.com.... Currently I'm building my own blog which is ran on Ghost CMS. It's going to be just a simple, clean, ad-free publication. Later down the road I may add subscriptions depending on viewership. Although, I think I'm off to a good start. That article, "The Corpse Stain of Athens Asylum", has approximately 300-500 view per week. Which is good for just starting out.

The Mothership would be UFO based primarily. I would rather focus on a few core subjects that more broad as I don't have the time to put forth that much work. I would probably end up using Flarum (which is kinda like Discourse). I'm a huge fan of simple and clean designs. Also makes mobile use much easier.

I'm adding an array of new content. Mothman, man eating worms, ufo occurrences, etc.

I haven't heard sido in a long long time lol Thats funny, people still listen to him in the states. :p

Shock stories work really well. There's a fine line to where it becomes too far. So, I try my best not to cross that. That site is just Medium.com.... Currently I'm building my own blog which is ran on Ghost CMS. It's going to be just a simple, clean, ad-free publication. Later down the road I may add subscriptions depending on viewership. Although, I think I'm off to a good start. That article, "The Corpse Stain of Athens Asylum", has approximately 300-500 view per week. Which is good for just starting out.

The Mothership would be UFO based primarily. I would rather focus on a few core subjects that more broad as I don't have the time to put forth that much work. I would probably end up using Flarum (which is kinda like Discourse). I'm a huge fan of simple and clean designs. Also makes mobile use much easier.
OK mate well good luck with it.
Like I said Dark content like that is not my cup of tea but if it gets the hits you say there must be some scary minded folks out there. lol But not this little black duck :)

One thought though. Are you not concerned with the potential to attract some crazies to your site. I mean look at UFO forums, you have mostly interested people in the middle, and extreme beleivers and extreme skeptics on the edges.

So on a site with dark murdurous content the potential one one end of the extreme is to get real life Dark Murdurous people.
I dont think I would like to have to moderate Jeffrey Dahmer. Imagine if someone like that comes to your forum, posts something you need to moderate and eventually ban him. I would not like someone like that pissed off at me!
Just sayin :)

You might be Lord of Spoons here, but you don't want to end up on Jeffrey Dahmers Spoon.

One thought though. Are you not concerned with the potential to attract some crazies to your site. I mean look at UFO forums, you have mostly interested people in the middle, and extreme beleivers and extreme skeptics on the edges.

So on a site with dark murdurous content the potential one one end of the extreme is to get real life Dark Murdurous people.
I dont think I would like to have to moderate Jeffrey Dahmer. Imagine if someone like that comes to your forum, posts something you need to moderate and eventually ban him. I would not like someone like that pissed off at me!
Just sayin :)

You might be Lord of Spoons here, but you don't want to end up on Jeffrey Dahmers Spoon.

Let me explain a little more in detail.

The Red Forest is a publication (not a forum) where I'm paid to write articles about crime stories, unexplained events, paranormal, etc. The blog I'm building currently is to gather my Medium publication into a place where I fully own the content. Medium is just stepping stone to build an audience. I don't strictly write about murders, nor do I glorify them. The title is shocking, honestly, because thats what get the click-through-rate. Somewhat the same as creators on Youtube who use ALL CAPS on certain parts of their title along with an interesting thumbnail (which may have no relation to the video) to draw attention.

I always use relevant phrases and exerts from my work as a title. For example, "I killed my parents and sticked their body parts in the fridge." is a title that plays directly in the continuing paragraph.

The Mothership is a forum (not a publication) which I'm considering opening using the Flarum platform. This community will have primary focus on UFOs and alike.

I have over 15 years experience as a web developer. Working mainly with online communities and some small non-profit organizations. I've worked with just about every forum software out there (unfortunately lol). Moderating out the trolls, crazy, a-holes, etc. is just apart of the joyful experience of building an online community. Seen some pretty. . . interesting people out there lol

I see your pun. . . lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Area201
I see the goal of using shocking terms to attract the clicks.

But for example if I was a Horse breader wanting to promote how fantastic my stock horses are.
I could promote it with a heading of, "Man has sex with Horse, horse smiles." to get hits.
I am sure if I googled that I could find some link.

But my point is, would I really want to attrack someone to my site on clickbait like that. lol
You see my point :)

No members list? I guess not necessary, but I always found myself looking it over.