Site News & Support

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
We have condensed the content a bit to eliminate redundant forums with little or no posts. No threads were deleted in the process, just moved to another forum.

Cheers :)

Reactions: Area201 and Aurora
Some styles will be upgraded over the next few days and may not be available. Sorry for the inconvenience.

We finally restored the site after many issues with the database. Sorry for the inconvenience, guys.

I don't know how you do it all day long, D. Dealing with code is a PIA lol.
Haha, code is logical. I love it.
The code just comes...
Maybe this will help explain why I love to code. :)

from the
"The Tao of Programming"

A novice asked the Master: “Here is a programmer that never designs, documents or tests his programs. Yet all who know him consider him one of the best programmers in the world. Why is this? ”The Master replies: “ That programmer has mastered the Tao. He has gone beyond the need for design; he does not become angry when the system crashes, but accepts the universe without concern. He has gone beyond the need for documentation; he no longer cares if anyone else sees his code. He has gone beyond the need for testing; each of his programs are perfect within themselves, serene and elegant, their purpose self-evident. Truly, he has entered the mystery of Tao

Prince Wang's programmer was coding software. His fingers danced upon the keyboard. The program compiled without an error message, and the program ran like a gentle wind.

``Excellent!'' the Prince exclaimed, ``Your technique is faultless!''

``Technique?'' said the programmer turning from his terminal, ``What I follow is Tao - beyond all techniques! When I first began to program I would see before me the whole problem in one mass. After three years I no longer saw this mass. Instead, I used subroutines. But now I see nothing. My whole being exists in a formless void. My senses are idle. My spirit, free to work without plan, follows its own instinct. In short, my program writes itself. True, sometimes there are difficult problems. I see them coming, I slow down, I watch silently. Then I change a single line of code and the difficulties vanish like puffs of idle smoke. I then compile the program. I sit still and let the joy of the work fill my being. I close my eyes for a moment and then log off.''

Prince Wang said, ``Would that all of my programmers were as wise!''

We finally restored the site after many issues with the database. Sorry for the inconvenience, guys.
That's great. I'm glad you solved your problems. It's o.k. If something goes wrong & needs sorting out it goes wrong & needs sorting out. We all have problems we need to solve sometimes & we learn by solving them, (I hope so, anyway).

That's great. I'm glad you solved your problems. It's o.k. If something goes wrong & needs sorting out it goes wrong & needs sorting out. We all have problems we need to solve sometimes & we learn by solving them, (I hope so, anyway).
Thanks, Horsa. It was a bit hasty of me to upgrade to the new beta version of XF. I think it is great with many new features but it is not entirely stable yet.

Thanks, Horsa. It was a bit hasty of me to upgrade to the new beta version of XF. I think it is great with many new features but it is not entirely stable yet.

Leta haste makes waste haven't you heard....I have never tried to run a Beta version too many unknowns in it....

You're welcome, Leta. Well we're all human & we all make mistakes. We all learn from them too (hopefully). I won't say too much then while you're working on things. You'll have to tell us about these features then unless you want us to play around & find out for ourselves.

@LETA Although I must admit. I do miss the scantly dress logos lol

Side note: I've decided to stay away from building a forum at the moment. I started a blog, getting some traffic, and I actually enjoy it.

@LETA Although I must admit. I do miss the scantly dress logos lol

Side note: I've decided to stay away from building a forum at the moment. I started a blog, getting some traffic, and I actually enjoy it.
LOL! I will bring them back just for you. ;)

Oh no! Don't let the dream die. Get yourself a XF license and start building your Conspiracy and UFO site. IMO, it is one of the most interesting niches to be in. So much to discuss!

@LETA Actually, my blogging is over dark stories, paranormal, ufos, and alike. I will write more about conspiracy topics, but, I'm trying to refrain from using the actual word "conspiracy". I would like to show up on Google SERPs ;p