So, where do they come from ?

H

HAL

I think most people can agree that 'something' is going on out there with respect to ufo.

And the opinions as to what they are range from the the purely scientific to the 'just sit there while I go find your meds'.

But whatever one believes, there is one common factor.

They have to come from somewhere.

So, what is your best guess at their origin ? And why do you support that idea ?

HAL

Reactions: Area201 and LETA
Well given how easy it is for our scientists to observe say a remote jungle tribe with out them knowing. And we are the same species with relatively few years between us. I see it is logical to assume an alien race capable of getting here from wherever they are without us knowing unless they want us too, is a sensible conclusion that they can do the same. Also given we can't know what we don't know it leaves three possibilities.
1. The have mastered faster than light travel in some way and 100k light years to them is a trip to the shops.
2. They are. I hate this term... Interdimentional and somehow coexist in the same space.
3. Some other option we have not thought of yet.
We may not know where their from. But absence of proof is not proof of absence

Reactions: Area201
Well, I believe there is something to the ancient astronaut theory. IMO, some could very well come from other solar systems. Some may have been with us all along monitoring our progress. And some UFOs could be ours.

america guy GIF

Hmm...this thread reminds me of one from another ufo forum that shall remain nameless.
But, I think all 3 members currently posting know where I stand on the ufo enigma from previous discussions on that nameless forum.

Maybe a word or two for the uninitiated ?

I'm tending towards the hidden extra dimension myself. Or something very similar.

I think the Faster Than Light hypothesis is a non starter UNLESS, we are completely missing something in our physics. And that is also a good possibility. Blindly following Einstein never seemed the right thing to do.

But as they just(apparently) just 'vanish' then they have to go somewhere. An alternate universe would be a good place.

And there is always 'we don't know what we don't know'. But how do you even begin there ?

HAL.

Since you asked so nicely......:smile:
I think all 3 points posted by Dundee are valid...and it's certainly possible that intelligent beings are visiting from either outer space or another dimension/alternate universe. And that could explain many of the more 'normal' sightings (as in radar and pilot cases, etc..) if one can call ufo reports normal.
But as I have said before when looking at many of the ufo encounters and reports over the decades and even centuries we have a large number of cases that are very strange to the point of absurdity. Those are the ones that interest me. It might be that those have nothing to do with 'biological aliens from another place' and are some other type of unknown phenomenon connected to human consciousness.

Well well you are full of surprises Doc, let me be the first to welcome you to the Good Ship Babble.
Hope you like it here, there are nice folks on this ship.
I see you have no Avatar yet?
I hope you like mine :)

Dr Wu,

...Those are the ones that interest me. It might be that those have nothing to do with 'biological aliens from another place' and are some other type of unknown phenomenon connected to human consciousness...

This would seem to suggest that there ae two distinct forms of ufo. The standard nuts and bolts kind (that occasionally crash into deserts) and the more ethereal kind.

Taking the easy one first (relatively speaking) it would seem that those are the ones most likely to be using some route into another dimension wherein lies another reality that may not be very different from the one we live in.

The others maybe related to the paranormal ?

Your view ?

HAL.

Dr Wu,

...Those are the ones that interest me. It might be that those have nothing to do with 'biological aliens from another place' and are some other type of unknown phenomenon connected to human consciousness...

This would seem to suggest that there ae two distinct forms of ufo. The standard nuts and bolts kind (that occasionally crash into deserts) and the more ethereal kind.

Taking the easy one first (relatively speaking) it would seem that those are the ones most likely to be using some route into another dimension wherein lies another reality that may not be very different from the one we live in.

The others maybe related to the paranormal ?

Your view ?

HAL.
Assuming we can eliminate all the events that have normal explanations then those that remain would seem to fall into two main areas...somewhat routine sightings seen on radar, pictures, video, and by eyewitnesses. By this I mean flying objects that look like craft of some sort. The other area are sightings where people see stranger things like 'visitors' on the ground, near landed objects , on their own where they meet and greet people, or other encounters by 'aliens' like abductions. To me these are quite different than just seeing an aerial object. And some encounters (regarding the details) are truly bizarre as we all know from reading various cases over the years.
These bizarre cases are fascinating. Do we dismiss them because they are so weird or are we obligated to look into them?
Are they connected to the other area? Or are they something else ? Could they be paranormal in nature...however we decide to define that term? Or are they something to do with human consciousness or even metaphysics ...and again what do we even mean by that term?

I think that the metaphysics term suggest that we are not what we have always assumed we were.
We have always been a lump of meat that had capabilities endowed in us that are controlled from our organic/chemical brain. Something that has evolved after crawling from the mud millions of years ago.

But as we have come to realise that this brain is, like everything, basically electronic in nature, the view has started to take hold that maybe we are something more. That perhaps our thinking comes from 'something' else. Not wholly
contained within us.
This could take a variety of forms.
One being that we are part of some other intelligence. Sort of terminals answering back to some cosmic server.

This would allow for other (reported) beings to be part of related intelligentsia. And the weird things are what we are connecting to at the time.

Just a thought.

Reactions: Dr Wu
The Metaphysics aspect does open up a different set of possibilities including the realm of Religion.
Is it possible that some ufo events are actually related to us and/or come from a supernatural source?
Here one has to 'believe' in Religion or some related aspect to venture down that rabbit hole.

Indeed a rabbit hole of the most rabbity kind.

Because it would seem to infer that you also have to take on board ghost and the afterlife.

If these (non nuts&bolts) beings exist in some etheareal realm, and come here eithe intentially or by some kind of breakdown in the fabric, then one could posit that things 'Most Haunted' and similar shows are chasing come from the same, or a similar, place. Lots of rabbits to be chased down there.

So what about the more solid ufo. Do they have some method of traveling much faster than light ? of do they just 'jump' into a different dimension we can't see.

Until we have some (non mathematical) way of proving the existence of these alternate dimensions I see no way forward with that one.

HAL

I think that Joan Osbourne summed it up well in the song 'If God was one of us'.

The bit about if you believe in God then you also have to believe in Jesus and the prophets etc.

It seems to be the same with the paranormal. If you accept the possibility of spirits then you have to accept that there must be a 'hereafter' of some kind. Else where could the spirits be ? They would have to have been somewhere just the same as your relations have to have been somewhere when they leave that somewhere to visit you.

Same with the weirder kind of Alien visitors (assuming they exist at all) have to have come from somewhere.
The nuts and bolts ufo definitely so.

Two other option.
It's all in the mind.
We are part of some cosmic game run by something we can't begin to comprehend.

Just wondering.

Has anyone here (apart from myself) read 'Someone Else is on our Moon' by George H Leonard ?

If so, what did you think.

HAL.

Never read the Leonard book but I am aware of it...it's been mentioned in forums before.
I suppose it's posssible that 'aliens' have been on the moon and even had a base there ,but then the moon is watched constantly by telescopes and surely monitored by the govt so that it would seem they would have been seen a long time ago....but....