Some of my encounters as a security guard.

D

Dundee

Quite some years ago now I worked as a security guard at a... lets call it theme park.
It was about 10pm and I was doing my rounds and the place was deserted except for some patrons having a meal in the restaurant.
I went in through the back doors of a furniture factory, it was basic. It had one large workshop in the front where the public could watch the furniture being made and a small office out the back. So two rooms down stairs and a completely open upstairs that had a door onto an elevated walkway to another building. I went under the rear split (top and bottom) doors and entered the building from the rear. Went upstairs and the routine was check the upper door, check they locked the gun cabinet, then back down stairs to check the front door. Now this is a large building with a bare wooden floor. As I was walking back to the stairs I clearly heard footsteps on the bottom floor. They sounded loud, and clear in the quiet night. I thought it was the other gaurd on duty dropped in, did not give it a second thought. As I neared the stairs I bent down to say G'day Mick, and the footsteps stopped. I went down the stairs and there was no one to be seen. I shone my torch around and the room was empty of people.
Thinking it was Mick trying to prank me, I jumped on the radio, knowing if it was him it would burst into life and give away his hiding spot. I called him, "Hey Mick where are you" no sound in the factory!!! he replied, "Down the front entrance why" Ummm nothing I replied. I checked that building end to end, it was only small and had not a living soul in it. If you have ever been in a large mostly empty room at night with a bare wooden floor, believe me you don't imaging footsteps.I heard them, just whose they were is anyone's guess. That was the first of many encounters there.

Reactions: Aurora
It sure sounds like near attempted burglary.
Nope, judjing by the sound I was probably 3 meters away when I leaned down and the steps stopped. They were close. And I already had the torch out.There is not a chance in a million had it been a person that they would not have been heard. Front double doors were locked. And the rear door I entered in was about 10 meters from the stairs. There was no one in that room.

744Oky Doky,
Here is another,
I was on duty and had only just started in the Job, As a new bloke I was being shown around the theme park. It was almost but not quite dark.
I was standing talking to two other guards who were about to go off duty. We were sort of in a triangle facing each other talking.
Being the new bloke I was pretty sheepish, so i was mostly listening, not saying much.
All of a sudden I felt someone tap me on my left shoulder, it was not a slight touch, it was very firm and unmistakable.
Only when I turned around there was no one there, The two other guards were in front of me in clear view so it was not one of those tap on the shoulder pranks. I spun around, we were standing on the intersection of three roads (speedwell street) I looked up thinking maybe a pine cone or a stick, nope no trees above. I was standing in a clear area yet felt an unmistakable tap on the shoulder.
Embarrassed being the new bloke I said nothing.

Skip forward a couple of weeks

I was working night shift with one of the blokes that I spoke about before, He asked me how I am finding it all so far.
I replied, "Yeah good, but bloody spooky at night"
He laughed and said, "Yeah it can be, have you been tapped on the shoulder in speedwell street yet!!"

I nearly fell over and told him about it.
He just laughed and said, yeah get used to it, it will happen again, he said it almost is like you are in the way of the ghosts when they are walking, and just want you to move. He said it wont happen if you stand to the side of Speedwell street, but if you stand on the road...It will happen again and again.
It did!!

I have a scientific explanation to that one. The ghost is a traffic cop or even a lolly-pop man. :confused:

Reactions: Dundee
I have a question about The Ghostbusters! Would it not make more sense to put the ghost back inside the dead bodies they came from and work on resurrection rather than just leave them at the local fire station with a bunch of nerds? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Dundee
I have a question about The Ghostbusters! Would it not make more sense to put the ghost back inside the dead bodies they came from and work on resurrection rather than just leave them at the local fire station with a bunch of nerds? :ROFLMAO:
Hey, be nice to Nerds, if there were no nerd there would be no computer games of gadgets :)

OH Ghost tale number three.
I need to set the stage first though.

This particular theme park has an out door show after hours and in the dark.
It is very elaborate, computer controlled and covers a very large area of land.
Lots of lights sounds, fire smoke etc.
The public views it from a fixed location in an out door auditorium.
I was on duty on this night,
One of the buildings that light up is on a hill and has pride of place in the show.
All it is really is a authentic looking building on the outside,
However on the inside it is hollow, nothing but bare frame, no inner walls of fittings
Just a hollow box with a dirt floor.
The important thing though is that the windows are covered with white canvass
and have a spotlight mounted on a short pole in the dirt aimed at them.
A computer controls these lights and others to simulate activity in the building with lights going on and off.
But, it is like a shadow puppet theater. If you walk between the light and the window.
Your silhouette is as visible as a boil on your nose.

OK so on this night I got a call from staff on the radio that there was someone in this building,
that they could see them walking around like a shadow puppet when the lights were on.
Now remember these staff supervise between 1 and 3 shows per night all year round deepening on the
season and how busy the place is. They are very familiar with what should be seen.

So I came up on the quad bike, got off it 100 m away and crept up to perhaps 20 m from the building.
One of my jobs was to be "Not Seen" as i was in a modern uniform and the park staff all wore period cloths.
So I am standing behind this building out of sight 20 m away. The internal lights were on and the building was lit up
externally as part of the show. So I had to wait for it to go dark before I entered or I would be seen by the crowd.

At this point I radioed the staff and they said, we can sill see him/her right now, we can see him walking past the windows.
OK I said, stand bye. After a short time the building went dark as part of the show.
I ran to the door and it was still padlocked, only two ways in, big double doors (hidden from crowd) and a side door. All Locked.
I went straight in to find an empty building.
No one in it at all. Just dirt and walls, yet only 30 seconds before staff could see the shape of a person moving inside.
There was no way possible for them to get out without me seeing, and in any case all doors were chained and padlocked from the outside.
Very very starange.

Have you ever approached the theme park managers about what goes on?
No, I was contracted as part of an external security company, so had little to do with that side. Just kept the place safe at night and threw out trouble makers was all :)

One not related to the theme park.

I know you wont believe the last part of this, but all I can say is that I am many things good and bad, but I am a bit weird in that I don't lie.
Well, that's not exactly true. I will Lie about Santa, I will Lie about the Easter bunny, and I will, not exactly lie but perhaps be less truthful than I should if I take a sick day from work when I am not as sick as I make out. But that's it.
I can explain why if your interested but, I just don't lie... anyway

When I was young I spent a lot of time doing stuff that was probably now I think about it not so smart. As a result it seems I opened up certain doors to things that were later in life prove to be not so nice. I am not claiming to be some pychic or anything nutty like that, only that If I let myself, I am very vulnerable to things that can be pretty scary. I don't know why, I have dreampt the future in a way that cannot be de-bunked, I knew with 100% certainty that my dad would not make his 80th birthday, months before he become unwell.
Lots of other stuff over the years. But in every instance it is uncontrolled, and unwanted. I can't read your future or anything mad like that. It just seems to happen at the oddest of times.
Anyway...

When I was young I lived in a Flat in St Kilda in Melbourne, and I worked in the suburbs of Melbourne.
I was born in the country so on most Friday nights I would drive home up the sticks and spent the weekend at my real home.
The routing was the same most weeks,
I drove home, spent a little time with the folks, had a shower, changed and went to collect my mate.
We would hit the pubs and run amok.
This night I went to my mate Tim's house as usual to pick him up.

He was a 4th year apprentice carpenter at the time.
I arrived and he was super excited, "Hey mate come check out the pad" he said.
He had a few days off and had done a complete renovation of his room.

Now as background to this, his room was in an old blue stone building at the rear of the house that during the gold rush in OZ was a diary.
So most of the building was pretty spartan, except for his room and one another.
It gets worse, the main house and dairy are pretty old, and were carelessly built on (a long time ago) an aboriginal burial ground. (This is fact via town history)

Anyway he took me into his room and shown me his renovation, he was super excited, he had puttied up cracks in the bricks, painted the walls, redone much of the woodwork. including the timber around the windows and door.
After he calmed down he said, "Oh yeah, check out what I found jammed behind the top of the door surround when I pulled it off.

From his side table he picked up what appeared to be a very old Brooch.
I just had a google and from memory it looked a bit like this one.

He approached me holding it and I opened my hand.

Now at this point, you have to understand I was pumped to go to the pub, have drinks, maybe pick up a girl, I was not in any way a headspace that we paranormal. We were young and hot to trot.

He dropped it into my open hand, and the second it hit my skin, I almost passed out.
I have in all my years never felt such raw Evil, my vision blurred my legs got wobbly and I dropped it immediately.
I have no words to describe properly what I felt, the best I can do is utter terror.
This brooch passed to me the most evil, terrifying, emotion I have ever felt in my life.

Tim took one look at my face and the last thing I remember is him picking it up off the floor and walking out with it.
I don't really remember much after that, I was absolutely freaked out and barley making sense.

In a later conversations that weekend with Tim I asked him what he did with it.
He said the look on my face frightened him so much he walked to the fence and threw the brooch as far as he could out into the cow paddock next door.

I don't really remember much else of that weekend, now skip to Monday
This bit makes no sense to me now thinking back because Monday I met Tim at the bus stop and we caught a bus into town.
I don't know why I was on the bus as I had a car, and probably should have been back in Melbourne at work. So I dont know why I was on the bus.
Our bus stop was the first one on the route so we always got the choice of seats. We of course went to the rear and grabbed the back seat :)
Facing forward I had the left of center, Tim had the right.

The bus took off and we got maybe 10 mins down the road. I stretched and as I did I let my right arm drop over the back seat into the small gap between the rear of the seat and the emergency exit. As my hand hit the shelf, it landed on something. I grabbed it out of instinct, and as I was lifting it, I knew without a shadow of doubt what it was becasue I had the same feeling without even seeing it, (but oddly not quite as scary) . I lifted it to view and it was the same brooch. I sort of just went blank and dropped it. Tim went pale and started to freak. This time he was too scared to touch it. After I don't know how long of looking at it on the seat, he finally grabbed it and through it out the woindow of the bus.
I remember nothing after that.

It was after that I stopped dabblling in things I should not, I sold my book collection on witchcraft and the occult to the local bookshop in town, and have spent every day since then trying to block out this kind of stuff. I put up as many mental barriers as my mind knows how to do. But still I get preminitions and know before hand stuff is going to happen. I hate it, but can't seem, to block it completely.

Premonitions and other stuff still happen from time to time now, I don't want it. But can't stop it.
But at least I can keep most of the real bad stuff out of my life.
Except for the nightmares.

You have to admit that it is rather special. It would make a great Christmas present. :)

You have to admit that it is rather special. It would make a great Christmas present. :)
You and I have very very different ideas as to what constitutes a great Xmas present.
You real name isn't Linda Blair is it!!! :)