S

Skarlett

Sports
A thread that covers all sports

A look at the Australian Cricket team in a recent doc

Sports
A thread that covers all sports

A look at the Australian Cricket team in a recent doc

But starts with an attempt to insult or discredit.
Of all the incredible Cricketers past and present, Aussie, England, India....
You chose that, how telling.

Shall we start a bad sportsmanship war?
Clips of US, baseball or basketball tantrums?
Maybe English Soccer brawls.
Nope.
Instead, One of the best in the world, next, Ken Block.

You have been trying to get a rise out of me since you got here.
Three cheers you finally succeed.

Travis Pastrana.

But starts with an attempt to insult or discredit.
Of all the incredible Cricketers past and present, Aussie, England, India....
You chose that, how telling.

Shall we start a bad sportsmanship war?
Clips of US, baseball or basketball tantrums?
Maybe English Soccer brawls.
Nope.
Instead, One of the best in the world, next, Ken Block.

You have been trying to get a rise out of me since you got here.
Three cheers you finally succeed.

Travis Pastrana.

No it was the latest thing I watched
I didn't make it

What would you have them do? Bow their heads and beg forgiveness. Look straight ahead and ignore them? Hide, come in the back way?
A couple of cricketers made a very bad decision. They paid the price. Move on. If those dickheads think that is how all Aussies play well more fool them.
It is a cultural thing here. If you stuff up... Pay the price, suck it up and move on.
We are a nation of people who like to laugh and take the piss out of stuff. We also appreciate a good insult.
You just dont understand our culture over here. They fucked up. Got caught. Got punished whats for tea.

What would you have them do? Bow their heads and beg forgiveness. Look straight ahead and ignore them? Hide, come in the back way?
A couple of cricketers made a very bad decision. They paid the price. Move on. If those dickheads think that is how all Aussies play well more fool them.
It is a cultural thing here. If you stuff up... Pay the price, suck it up and move on.
We are a nation of people who like to laugh and take the piss out of stuff. We also appreciate a good insult.
You just dont understand our culture over here. They fucked up. Got caught. Got punished whats for tea.
No don't get it
I've tried it's to different

Most of us dont take a lot of things seriously. We laugh off most stuff. Hanging shit on each other is almost a national sport. If you came to Australia and got a job as say a carpenter you would know within a week or two if you were well liked by your workmates.
If they are taking the piss out of you they like you. If your unpopular you will simply come and go each day and have little conversation. If you went to lunch and came back and your tool bag was nailed to the floor thsts hilarious. The whole crew would have been in on it with one ore two key blokes behind it. The correct response would be well thought out insults possibley calling into question their sexual preferences, os some suitable insult. Then it would be your turn. The whole crew will be anxiously expecting payback. The blokes that got you will be looking for booby traps everywhere. Appropriate payback would be say.... Get the forklift and nail ther toolbag to a very high roof.. Vover the handle oof their hammer in grease....
Then they suiably insult you in some way and round and round you go. But you are all the best of mates and would have eash others back in a blue.
This is Australia 😁 lots of laughs

See I could I say some people or all of the people in the crowd were being "dickheads" wouldn't bother me
It seems like and correct me if I'm wrong that if the crowd was Australian and the situation was the other way round that an Australian wouldn't say any of the crowd was a "dickhead"or being "dickheads"

Is this right?

No it was more a case if the Australians thought it funny the clever insults. The costumes. See at tge end of the clip the bloke wasling on the footpath rubbinh his hand like he is roughing up a cricket ball. See how tge Aussies laughed. It was a brilliant tease. But the bit that made it most funny was the bloke kn the footpath was deadpanning it. He wasnt looking at tge bus or tge Aussies. He was simply pretending to scuff up an imaginary cricket ball knowing full well that tge Aussies were watching him. See thats brilliant. Yku have to appreciate that. 😊
It looked bloody funny. As for my comments about dick heads. I probably wasnt clear. See the Aussies know that most if the blokes were just having some fun at the Aussies expense. But the ones that were genuinely abusive and meaning offence were the dick heads.

No it was more a case if the Australians thought it funny the clever insults. The costumes. See at tge end of the clip the bloke wasling on the footpath rubbinh his hand like he is roughing up a cricket ball. See how tge Aussies laughed. It was a brilliant tease. But the bit that made it most funny was the bloke kn the footpath was deadpanning it. He wasnt looking at tge bus or tge Aussies. He was simply pretending to scuff up an imaginary cricket ball knowing full well that tge Aussies were watching him. See thats brilliant. Yku have to appreciate that. 😊
It looked bloody funny. As for my comments about dick heads. I probably wasnt clear. See the Aussies know that most if the blokes were just having some fun at the Aussies expense. But the ones that were genuinely abusive and meaning offence were the dick heads.
How do you know if they meant it or not?

Facial expression, tone of voice, whats being said.
If i was working with an American and the boss asked me a question about something related to him.
If i was pissed off i might say... "i dont know, go ask tge fucking yank" and my facial expression would say much. But if i wasnt pissed ofc and liked the bloke i might say... " i dunno. Go as Donalk Trump over there if hes not to busy chatting up your missus"
You usually know. Lol

I dont like him lol. That was part ofthe insult. Lol.
Yes i am a member of another but have not been there for a little while

I dont like him lol. That was part ofthe insult. Lol.
Yes i am a member of another but have not been there for a little