Tesla's Cybertruck

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff

The unveiling of the new Tesla truck is already causing a divide among automobile critics and fans of the innovative company. Without question, the controversial design of the truck was meant to polarize the masses and generate the much-needed publicity that Musk has grown to expect. The futuristic contours of the truck, and its affordable price, beckons potential buyers to join Elon's world, where the future is now! How do you guys feel about the design?

I was just thinking that the other day. With all of our technology that we have, from the wheel, to the steam, to the wings, to the nukes, to the Bondi beach babes, to the superconductors. Why should we still be using pistons? Other than the rotary engine, surely we can create a better more efficient ways of making a fully functioning engine.....with ALL of the NECESSARY components.

I was just thinking that the other day. With all of our technology that we have, from the wheel, to the steam, to the wings, to the nukes, to the Bondi beach babes, to the superconductors. Why should we still be using pistons? Other than the rotary engine, surely we can create a better more efficient ways of making a fully functioning engine.....with ALL of the NECESSARY components.
For example: radio-energy-powered-multi-unit-star-trek-powered-warp-unit-antigravity. Nah, maybe not that far, but something obviously advanced. In fact I came up with some ideas, ones you could make in the shed, other than the hydrogen motor (mythbusters are WRONG, Hydro engines do work, you just need to cool it down allot, similar to rocket fuel but not as cold. The colder you make things, the more dense they become).

Think of a self contained superconducting magentic system (THAT creates a profit of energy) of interwoven magnetic field lines generating a force strong enough to drive the axles of a vehicle. All you really need is about 50 to 100 Nm of torque in the pinions and crown wheels to propel the vehicle with the torque of a 4.0L inline 6 cyl (357Nm). That is not much for a solenoid system, especially for a superconducting magnet, or washing machine motor. Think of the relatively small starter motor which can start an engine for crying out loud! You know why there is not much production in this area? It is not profitable enough for the Government, which is not true (only the Gov needs to understand this). The mining and exports of copper and lithium would shoot through the roof, as also jobs. It is just that the car makers need to start manufacturing these vehicles of a similar design, as they did with the piston. But no, the oil companies will not die out, in fact the opposite, with the rapid production of new vehicles, you have loads of profit, because any vehicle needs its boob lube (if you know what I am saying, hehehe).

Indeed. Internal combustion engines are dirty and imo should be made obsolete. However, batteries have not achieved the energy density that we need to put them out to pasture.

Reactions: The humanitarian
Indeed. Internal combustion engines are dirty and imo should be made obsolete. However, batteries have not achieved the energy density that we need to put them out to pasture.
Who said we need batteries? Look at the aeroplane for example. They only use the battery for initial start-up and then the generators do the rest of the hard work. Look at the tesla coil, only using the Earths magnetic force it was able to cause multiple series of lightning. The reason for why we are not advancing is because of the same reason why we have no astro-hotels orbiting, and no interstellar space travel, the *Far_King* money. I do agree, combustion and ignition engines are dirty.

Who said we need batteries? Look at the aeroplane for example. They only use the battery for initial start-up and then the generators do the rest of the hard work. Look at the tesla coil, only using the Earths magnetic force it was able to cause multiple series of lightning. The reason for why we are not advancing is because of the same reason why we have no astro-hotels orbiting, and no interstellar space travel, the *Far_King* money. I do agree, combustion and ignition engines are dirty.
Yes, but those generators don't power themselves. Some kind of energy is needed, like a belt-driven alternator in a car, which functions using the power created by controlled, fuel-driven explosions.

Tesla's hypothetical energy generation out of the earth's atmosphere and magnetic fields is another story. There might be something to it for sure. No doubt the oil cabal is suppressing it :-0

The unveiling of the new Tesla truck is already causing a divide among automobile critics and fans of the innovative company. Without question, the controversial design of the truck was meant to polarize the masses and generate the much-needed publicity that Musk has grown to expect. The futuristic contours of the truck, and its affordable price, beckons potential buyers to join Elon's world, where the future is now! How do you guys feel about the design?

Kids will like this because they never seen how PS1 games looks like, for them it's like a futuristic thing.

Reactions: The humanitarian
Yes, but those generators don't power themselves. Some kind of energy is needed, like a belt-driven alternator in a car, which functions using the power created by controlled, fuel-driven explosions.

Tesla's hypothetical energy generation out of the earth's atmosphere and magnetic fields is another story. There might be something to it for sure. No doubt the oil cabal is suppressing it :-0
With momentum, and cooling, it should sustain itself. The reason why the engine still runs is because the alternator generates the battery wich causes the ignition. Without the alternator the battery will soon die. The ignition coil converts 12v to just over 20,000v! That is impressive for something small like that, oh, the amperage is allot too.

I don't see why it is not possible. I will soon make a pushbike run infinitely, hopefully soon actually.