The Galileo Project

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
Tn6ZZa5.jpg

Image: Harvard/Pixabay

A consortium of scientists in the field of astronomy are about to focus their looking glasses on unidentified aerial phenomena. According to their online mission statement, "The Galileo Project research group will aim to identify the nature of UAP and 'Oumuamua-like interstellar objects using the standard scientific method based on a transparent analysis of open scientific data to be collected using optimized instruments."

The ambitious project is the brainchild of Professor Avi Loeb, a leading member of the Harvard Astronomy Department Center for Astrophysics turned UFO enthusiast after discovering an elongated, extrasolar system object with unnatural characteristics. Oumuamua, as it came to be known, caused a major commotion in observational circles due to its odd shape, trajectory, and periodic-changing albedo. Prof. Loeb was the first scientist to propose an artificial origin for it, after carefully analyzing the orbital and luminosity data of the cosmic interloper.

With the recent confirmation by the Pentagon and NASA that UFOs are in play, more and more academics are coming out of the woodwork to express their interest in a subject fraught with ridicule and stigma. This new collaboration aims to study UFOs in a rigorous manner by making use of optimized optical and radio detection ranging instruments designed for the specific purpose of observing aerial and space phenomena. All data gathered by these sensors will be systematically filtered through an Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning (AI/DL) algorithm that is able to "differentiate atmospheric phenomena from birds, balloons, commercial or consumer drones, and from potential technological objects of terrestrial or other origin."

Well it appears at face value to be a good thing. Provided the scientists involved dont approach it with the usuall closdd mind like that idiot Tyson. And i am suspicious of the comments made that it is taking it away from politics and funded by wealthy backers. Universities thrive on political support. So i dont believe thst for a minute. They cant survive without lots of finding. Funding primarily comed from the governments or wealthy backers which by nature are political. And whats in it for the backers. Wealthy people dont get thst way without a plan.
Also why now? We have had ufos buzzing for 70 years. Tbe only thing thats changed is the military and government opinion.
It siunds good at a glance but i smell a rat.
There is nothing for nothing in a university. They all have a plan and huge self interest. I cant see this being independent.

I had wondered about this link when it passed by, some scientists attributed natural causes to the change in velocity,
Some said no way was it natural. I guess what this tells us is that the jury is not out on Oumuamua.
This article talks about objects. I wonder how many others are out their that behave like it.

I just watched it, he says a lot without saying much, seems like a good thing??? I think.
He seems to have a lot of opinions for someone doing research.
Watch this space I guess,
Any research is better than no research,

I just watched it, he says a lot without saying much, seems like a good thing??? I think.
He seems to have a lot of opinions for someone doing research.
Watch this space I guess,
Any research is better than no research,
I'm all for keeping the UFO flame alive. 🔥