The Marvel of Perseverance

Alien Babble hosting expires in less than 3 weeks. It was fun ;-)

Wait, you put all this effort and time into this project AGAIN, that's not worth yearly $50-100 hosting? Something doesn't add up. :unsure:

Perseverance rover being lowered to the surface of Mars by the sky crane:

pvyxwyT.jpg

Reactions: Dundee
Isn't it funny how so many folks take this stuff for granted. What is the delay? 8mins. Imagine having to do the math to send this thing a gazillion miles to intersept a planet ripping through space and rotating and coordinate a landing that has to be automated and land it exactly where they want. You tell some people about this and they just go oy yeah ok......... Crickets.
It is incredible

Isn't there a Chinese probe due to get there soon ?

Wonder if they will televise it live ?

More awesome Mars footage:

See the wheel tracks at the start and in the lower ground about half pan. It's sure covering some ground.
Amazing scene. I would go there in a heartbeat.

See the wheel tracks at the start and in the lower ground about half pan. It's sure covering some ground.
Amazing scene. I would go there in a heartbeat.
Too cold and too much surface radiation. You will be shooting blanks after a few minutes there lol. Elon wants to create a mini sun to melt the ice and create an atmosphere.

Too cold and too much surface radiation. You will be shooting blanks after a few minutes there lol. Elon wants to create a mini sun to melt the ice and create an atmosphere.
Naa, I felt strangely attracted to Tommy Lee Jones sitting with his back to the ship watching earth.
I think that would be a great way to go. I would fill my air canister with Opium gas , stick on Pink Floyd in my ear buds and watch a mars sunset,
I have had my turn here on earth., You young folks have got the helm now,
That would be a nice way to go I think. Tripping my last trip with Floyd :)

IMO, Pink Floyd is responsible for the mental maladies of an entire generation. Their post-WWII narrative is eternally bathed in doom and gloom.

IMO, Pink Floyd is responsible for the mental maladies of an entire generation. Their post-WWII narrative is eternally bathed in doom and gloom.
Maybe, but it spoke to me, it still does. I could tell you any song by playing 3 notes.
I think many folks ignore the maladies you speak of and live a life of deception, all the while unhappy inside, with silent worries. Pink Floyd just voiced the ignored pain and fear of a generation.

It seems so foreign to many younger folks I guess. I remember the possibilities of youth.
But sometimes when you get older and so many things go wrong, lyrics like this hit a spot.

"Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over
Thought I'd something more to say"

But the flip side is that when I first listened to Pink Floyd it was 40 + years ago, maybe more. So although it is on one way doom and gloom, it also connects to a better time when the world was new.
To old friends, old parties, girls, experiences.
It is very much a mixed bag.

I am glad you don't understand :)
That means your young and happy.
I hope then you never understand :)

Maybe my image of the group is tainted by all the disturbing scenes in the film. Although i did find Bob Geldof hot af :biggrin:

Reactions: Dundee