The Marvel of Perseverance

Maybe my image of the group is tainted by all the disturbing scenes in the film. Although i did find Bob Geldof hot af :biggrin:
Lol yeah I can see why Geldof would have that effect haha. But nowadays sir Bob thinks his shit don't stink.

OK so to show you not all Pink Floyd is gloomy. Here is two that are fun.

Remember my old avatar way back when of the good looking guy with the Dark hair? You remember 😉
Well that was Syd Barret a founding member. This is one from back then.
Not gloomy at all. The second song you will love. They get a dog to sing. One of my favorites.

Bike.

Shamus :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe i recall that dashing fellow. Mind you, I've only listened to the wall album. I believe that was their opus, no?

Well sort of. It was more a Roger Waters creation. Although my favorite song on earth came from it
Comfortably Numb.
I have it Tatooed on My leg.
But to understand pink Floyd it doe a huge injustice to them starting with The wall. Some o there best stuff.. Lol I suspect you were not yet born. 😁 Set the controls for the heart of the sun... Echoes... The wall came much later.
If you want to see the real pink Floyd watch Live at Pompeii.
The proper first one when they were young not the Gilmore revisit.
They se up in the middle of the pompeii ruin and did a did with no audience. If you want to see the real pink Floyd watch that. Put it on your biggest TV with your bet stereo.
That's pink Floyd at their peak in my opinion

Well sort of. It was more a Roger Waters creation. Although my favorite song on earth came from it
Comfortably Numb.
I have it Tatooed on My leg.
But to understand pink Floyd it doe a huge injustice to them starting with The wall. Some o there best stuff.. Lol I suspect you were not yet born. 😁 Set the controls for the heart of the sun... Echoes... The wall came much later.
If you want to see the real pink Floyd watch Live at Pompeii.
The proper first one when they were young not the Gilmore revisit.
They se up in the middle of the pompeii ruin and did a did with no audience. If you want to see the real pink Floyd watch that. Put it on your biggest TV with your bet stereo.
That's pink Floyd at their peak in my opinion
I agree....'Pompei' is some of their best work....material from ther earlier lp's....which was pop/rock psychedelia grounded in blues.
Waters became too controlling and took them in his depressed mental/political direction with Animals on...though even 'DSOTM' had some of his downer lyrics it was still a true group effort....as was 'Wish'. With 'The Wall' Waters exposed his childhood trauma from early war memories and basically ruined Pink Floyd.

I agree....'Pompei' is some of their best work....material from ther earlier lp's....which was pop/rock psychedelia grounded in blues.
Waters became too controlling and took them in his depressed mental/political direction with Animals on...though even DSOTM had some of his downer lyrics it was still a true group effort. With The Wall Waters exposed his childhood trauma from early war memories and basically ruined Pink Floyd.
Yeah all true but I would not say he ruined them. The wall as topically depressing was still a masterpiece. But I do prefer the earlier stuff for sure. The only album I didn't like was the final cut. Floyd was always great to get stoned to. Even the wall if you wanted to break your brain in fear. But the final cut... Now that was depressing. Listen to that after a couple of doobies and the only final cut will be your suicidal throat. But I pretty much love all there stuff particularly the early stuff

Yeah all true but I would not say he ruined them. The wall as topically depressing was still a masterpiece. But I do prefer the earlier stuff for sure. The only album I didn't like was the final cut. Floyd was always great to get stoned to. Even the wall if you wanted to break your brain in fear. But the final cut... Now that was depressing. Listen to that after a couple of doobies and the only final cut will be your suicidal throat. But I pretty much love all there stuff particularly the early stuff
I meant he ruined them from/after the Wall on....they never were Pink Floyd again after that...Waters took full control and there has never been another true Floyd lp...though I did find some things to like on Momentary Lapse and Division Bell. Waters wouldn't work with the others and even had that huge lawsuit thing with Gilmour to stop the Floyd name being used.

I meant he ruined them from/after the Wall on....they never were Pink Floyd again after that...Waters took full control and there has never been another true Floyd lp...though I did find some things to like on Momentary Lapse and Division Bell. Waters wouldn't work with the others and even had that huge lawsuit thing with Gilmour to stop the Floyd name being used.
Oh yeah. True. It was a divisive time for fans too. I sided with Gilmore and the remaining members but one of my mates who was there with me through all the early fun days with them sided with waters. I got to see them live post waters leaving. Can't remember what year but the show still had a fair wall influence.

That's a lot of dough in these trying times :-0
dW9lHsL.jpg

Let the grift commence :stickouttongue:
I have had an idea to sell small bottles sealed in wax on the internet labelled "Genuine Aussie Air" for $10 a bottle plus postage. Maybe I could label and date it, like...

Bottled 22 Feb 2021
11:00pm while watching a Kangaroo Jump
at Lat xxxx Long xxxx

And similar, I could UFO ise the swindle and share the proceeds. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: LETA
You can imagine a couple of Martians looking at it and saying 'No, I don't have the faintest idea what it's for or where it came from. But there are others if you look around.'.

• Haha
Reactions: Dundee
What do you guys make of this photo taken by the Perseverance rover? A strange object is seen in the sky. A camera artifact or something else?

NLF_0044_0670851635_495EBY_N0031416NCAM00602_00_0LLJ02.png

Doesn't look like an artifact to me. They are usually pretty uniform in shape. Tha has lot of tones and color variaand an odd shape. I'm in bed now but will try and find a hi res version tommorow if one exists.

Two questions: what does NASA make of it and could it be dust or debris on the camera lens of the Rover?