The shape of the world alliances might change soon due to Trumps response to COrona.

D

Dundee

Many countries in the world have gone into crazy lock down situations and fared well as a result.
Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil?? arguably China if the figures can be believed.
Then there are other countries that did not fare so well, Italy, and significantly the US, and others.

So to play the worst case out. What if we don't have a pending vaccine.
Traditional allies of the US are not going to open the borders to the US with 100K plus deaths and Corona out of control.
Trump can create a lie as believable as he wants, the good folks of the US can fall for it if they choose politics over reality, but if the US is still a risk point, no way are other countries going to open the borders to them.

Trade has to continue, tourism too.
Trumps madness with his crazy response to Corona will force allegiances to non traditional allies.
Farmers, big business, tourists all need to get some resemblance of normality.
But no one will want to be around typhoid Mary.
And right now to the rest of the world, that is the US.
It might take years to get past this completely, if ever.
Trumps stupidity might be the catalyst that reshapes the worlds alliances.

The U.S. is the world's alpha gorilla. Those countries need more from the states than the states need from them. They are already working on a new vaccine that will soon hit pharmacies across the nation,

The U.S. is the world's alpha gorilla. Those countries need more from the states than the states need from them. They are already working on a new vaccine that will soon hit pharmacies across the nation,
Yeah but are they though?, and are you really that sure we need the US as much as you say?
There are a lot of folks that are willing trading partners out there. If you can't have the best deal for whatever reason, you can easily enough settle for a lesser one.
I used to think the US is what kept the world safe with their military might.
Now most people look at the US as a bigger threat to world peace than China or Russia.

Trump at one point was trying to weaponize a vaccine that he can sell to the world instead of being part of a universal cure.
That's not right.
I come from a proud family of serving soldiers that has always thought of the US as our greatest military and peacetime friend.

But this Trump shit is effecting everything. So many people are starting to stop trying to understand how you guys can keep this fruitcake running your country, instead we are starting to think of you like that friend who does too many drugs. Sooner or later you have to draw a line in the sand and say you know, your drug taking is not so good, your not listening to reason, I have to preserve myself, see ya. You do what you have to do, I am out a here.

I started out thinking it was funny, then weird, then there were the wtf moments. But I watch the passion that some of your countrymen defend his insanity with and just watch mind boggled.

To the rest of the planet he is as bat shit crazy as that idiot in Nth Korea, as unstable as any person anywhere.
Trump and the crazy supporters a re entitled to their views. But the reality is that those views and people are pushing away the rest of the world, and making the once great US and its people a laughing stock.

And the terrifying thing is your nationalism is so great...your people don't seem to care at all about the consequences of their actions.

Honestly, for the first time in my 58 years on earth I honestly feel world opinion is starting to go against the US.
I find the possible consequences of that frightening,.

Trump is almost guaranteed to win the next election given the poor choice of candidate that will be running against him. I forsee another four years of Trump. Let's see wut happens :-0

Trump is almost guaranteed to win the next election given the poor choice of candidate that will be running against him. I forsee another four years of Trump. Let's see wut happens :-0
It won't be good for the rest of the world and worse for the US credibility if he does. Mark my words. I am hoping common sence prevails

I really am concerned about this situation. I posted a comment a while back on another place and was flamed with words to the effect that who gives a shit what the rest of the world thinks, we are the mighty usa.

But that is the whole point.

Extreme nationalism and our nukes are bigger than your nukes is all well and good for the internal US propaganda machine.
But you cant force friendships and alliances without guns and nukes. And I can tell you with 100% certainty. The rest of the planet started at first to just treat Trump as a silly joke, something to laugh at.
But as time has gone on, he has gotten crazier and crazier. The man is a fruitcake. But the thing that is bad is the good fols of the US are supporting him. This is changing world opinion against the US. For the first time ever people are thinking, there just crazy, who else can we talk to. The old notion better dead than red died in the 1950s. People are over US stupidity, the world is moving on and leaving the US behind. Most countries are very multicultural, and this nationalistic racism shown by US just is not relevant in 2020. And I know the US will not bow out gracefully. I fear a pending conflict that will cat the world into chaos, just so the US can maintain its illusion of moral superiority.
I have not been this concerned since the cold war.

Post a link to the flame!
Umm, I would have to hunt at another site for it, it was a while ago. But as much as I disagree with aspects of the place in question, I am not excited to openly criticize it. Mostly for my loyalty to you and here. I don't want to be the catalyst of an inter forum flame war. :)

You can call Trump a lot of things but a President he's not! Oh how I long for the days of the Ronald Reagan era where when he spoke people listened......Best President the US has ever had. Served in the military during the Reagan administration and it was the best time to be there.Things have steadily gone South since the end of the Cold War.

You can call Trump a lot of things but a President he's not! Oh how I long for the days of the Ronald Reagan era where when he spoke people listened......Best President the US has ever had. Served in the military during the Reagan administration and it was the best time to be there.Things have steadily gone South since the end of the Cold War.
Mate as an Aussie and a member of a Military family for 3 wars and 3 generations, and as an proud friend of the US warts and all. I am both worried for the US people, and also very embarressed on their behalf that such agreat and proud nation could be brough into such shame as Trump has done.

I started worrying the day that motor mouth got elected....I was a Cold War veteran 1981-1988 and as I said served most of my time during the Reagan administration and damn proud of it.....

Yes I have to agree, Reagan was a man you could be proud to follow. All of the past presidents were really. Ignoring political alliegences and policy. They all possesed at least an air of Authority, and held a respectfull presidential bearing about them.
Trump is like a silly little man child. I em embarressed for the US, the whole world is laughing and so many don't seem to think it matters.

This is an eye opening situation. I have all my life thought of the good folks of the US just Aussies with an accent. And a few odd ways ;)
But basically, culturally a similar place to Australia.

But the goings on since Trump was elected is a real eye opener.
It has shown the world that there is a very substantial demographic in the US that puts political allegiance over basic human values like, integrity, honesty, truth, and most importantly decency and respect.

All Pollys lie from both sides, we all know that.
But Trumps behavior is of a level of madness like Nth Korea, Stalin, Hitler.
Ok so not as bad, yes I know. But none the less his insane behavior comes from the same crazy place in la la land.

Why don't the republican folks still vote republican but kick him out.
How can you not see that the whole world is laughing at you all.
And worse, why do you not care.
I am telling you public opinion in the western world is changing towards the US.
I look at the alternatives to US allegiance and think.
OK so life under China rule, or Russian Rule here in OZ. What would it be like?
China, would be pretty restrictive, I am not sure I would like that, Russia?
Well they seem pretty normal socially at least.

Would I prefer to have our planet die in WW3 caused by this crazy bastard Trump over a new social system?
No, I personally would rather live and adapt to a new way of life than to die and have all my descendants not be born.

Come on US, vote this maniac out. Do the right thing,

[edit]
I would add that I know Aussies, and a Trump style person would not last 2 minuts here in OZ. That kind of madness would be called out in a heartbeat.

A US President alone cannot declare war own his own it don't work that way.....

I hope your right. He seems to be able to do whatever he wants and the US folks allow it.

I am......In the US only the Congress of the United States has the power to declare war...And any President has to have approval from Congress....Now that said US Presidents being the commander in chief have sent troops without an official war declaration. Vietnam and Korea are two instances where this has happened.

It's not that he can do anything he wants...Democrats control our House and Republicans control our Senate...Thus thats the reason old Trumpy never got impeached because only the Senate has the power to impeach a President of the United States. If people have not realized it by now Trump is not a politician and he has about as much "tact" as a rattlesnake. He keeps his foot in his mouth more often than not.

Well lets all keep our fingers crossed he gate voted out in November. I would rather the old style precedential madness than this.

Well lets all keep our fingers crossed he gate voted out in November. I would rather the old style precedential madness than this.

I wouldn't count on it.......But this is one Republican who will not vote for him I can tell you that.

Reactions: Dundee