The work of a Finnish Astrophotographer, Stunning images

D

Dundee

About his project.

The images, incredible

Zoom in on these images, how can anyone say we are alone in the Universe.
Its jaw dropping.

And if you are able to go crosseyed and focus without difficulty check out the 3D images.
Just look past the image, go a little crosseyed until you see three images instead of two, look at the center one and focus.
Lucky for me I can do this easily. I hope you can, thy look very good in 3D

It is crazy...we humans
literally can't wrap our minds around numbers that big! 😳

And to think, all of this is in the past...(many years of light away) It's beautiful! 🤩

It's hard to imagine how big it is.
I often daydream looking at pics like that and trip out. Wondering what it would look like up close.

I was driving on I70 into the mountains from Denver when all of the sudden I saw a huge fire ball going streaking across the horizon. It was so big and first thing I thought was there goes Wyoming. I can’t remember the date anymore but I think it was 2012 around Christmas. After, I couldn’t find anything online about it. It was like I was only one who saw it but I know that’s not true. It was very weird.

I was driving on I70 into the mountains from Denver when all of the sudden I saw a huge fire ball going streaking across the horizon. It was so big and first thing I thought was there goes Wyoming. I can’t remember the date anymore but I think it was 2012 around Christmas. After, I couldn’t find anything online about it. It was like I was only one who saw it but I know that’s not true. It was very weird.
Haha, I laughed out loud with the "There goes Wyoming" almost Monty Python :)

Reactions: LeeLoo
I saw a similar thing one night many years ago while my wife and I were on the front porch relaxing....turns out it was a bolide.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolide

I saw a similar thing one night many years ago while my wife and I were on the front porch relaxing....turns out it was a bolide.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolide
Yes, it definitely sounds like that could be it. I think I was right on top of it. It was huge fireball like the sun, it was so close to me. It was scary I was waiting for shock wave but there was nothing. I don’t understand why there wasn’t any reporting on it.

Yes, it definitely sounds like that could be it. I think I was right on top of it. It was huge fireball like the sun, it was so close to me. It was scary I was waiting for shock wave but there was nothing. I don’t understand why there wasn’t any reporting on it.
Bolides are pretty common and usually don't get reported unless they cause damage. Most explode and burn before they reach the ground. They can be very bright. We saw it at night and it was so bright for a few seconds I could have read a book.

Reactions: LeeLoo