Time Slips

D

Dundee

time-3769879_960_720.jpg

Image: Pixabay

I was laying on the couch at night nodding off and surfing YouTube when I found myself watching the many instances of Time Slips that people have experienced. It reminded me of an event I experienced a long time ago when I was about 16.

My best friend at the time was my cousin, we were very close and always hung out together. He had a small dirt bike an XR75. On this day on the school holiday it was fine and sunny and I thought we would go for a ride. We scooted out of town and down a road that he hardly ever used but my family did. Dad and I used to send a lot of time out the bush shooting, getting wood, mushrooming ferreting and so on, so this road was one I had been on more times than I could count. I was very familiar with it. So on this day we rode down a hill on the road and looking left I noticed a fairly nice modern house with a long drive with white stones and an open gate. We were going pretty fast so I did not notice a lot of details, only the location, the modern look and the white stones on the drive.

I commented to my cousin that that must be a pretty new house as I had not seen it before. I was surprised because although I dont remember the last time I had gone down that road with Dad, I knew it was not that long ago so I thought the house looked very established, and wondered how I missed it previously. I didn't give it a lot of thought after that, we finished our ride and went home ater that day by a different road.

A couple of weeks later dad and I were going shooting and were heading down the road in question. I remember telling dad that I saw a ne house at the bottom of the hill. Only, when we got to the bottom of the hill there was no house. It looked the same as it always did. Just long grass and bush. Dad sad I must have mistaken the road for another one. I didn't argue but that explanation is pretty unlikely as I am very familiar wit the road so it would be like you not knowing where you live.

So where did the house go? I am guessing it might have been a time slip to a future time.

Here is a google map of the exact spot I saw the house. If you face down hill the house and drive were to the left. Oh, it's not a security issue, I dont live in that area anymore:

https://www.google.com/maps/@-37.67...m4!1sTSRUMzUHYbrM1z5SvqOG4A!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

Reactions: LETA and August
Yeah I don't what it was, I know it really happened though. I am very familiar with that bit of road. it was not a Jetsons era house :) looked pretty normal, So I honestly have every expectation that one day I will drive that road and see a house being built that matches the one I saw.