True Core of The Jesus Myth

D

Dr Wu

A short talk by Christopher Hitchens....warning he pulls no punches. To me it's...interesting, but don't shoot the messenger.

I use to be into this Jesus myth crap but after years of it I realized there is no proof he lived and no proof he was a myth. And after 2500+ years of people looking for him sooner or later its all going to fall apart.

I understand how you feel.
I liked Christiopher Hitchens as a social and political commentator. I didn't agree with all of his positions but he was witty and well spoken on many topics and often made me smile when he jumped on someone's point of view. He was fun to watch.
Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris also have spent time bashing religion over the last 20 years or so...and I have read books by all three.
I'm an agnostic...for the most part...I simply don't know the answer to these metaphysical enigmas ,but I have enjoyed reading various books by these and others on religion (pro and con) and related topics.
Historically I think there is enough to say that 'someone like Jesus ...a wandering mystical Rabbi (scholars think there were several like this)' did exist back then. As to the divine questions and related religious beliefs,,, again I'm agnostic.

Did Socrates exist?

Buddha?

Lau-tzu?

In 1000 years will people ask if Christopher Hitchens existed? Someone will show an old video of his lecture, and the skeptic will say that it is a computer generated fantasy with no proof - we will have the Hitchens Myth.

I understand how you feel.
I liked Christiopher Hitchens as a social and political commentator. I didn't agree with all of his positions but he was witty and well spoken on many topics and often made me smile when he jumped on someone's point of view. He was fun to watch.
Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris also have spent time bashing religion over the last 20 years or so...and I have read books by all three.
I'm an agnostic...for the most part...I simply don't know the answer to these metaphysical enigmas ,but I have enjoyed reading various books by these and others on religion (pro and con) and related topics.
Historically I think there is enough to say that 'someone like Jesus ...a wandering mystical Rabbi (scholars think there were several like this)' did exist back then. As to the divine questions and related religious beliefs,,, again I'm agnostic.
Oh yeah there were plenty of Jesus' during that time:

Reactions: Dr Wu
Until I was 5 years old I thought I was Jesus. Every time dad told me off he would yell "Jesus Christ"

• Haha
Reactions: Area201