Trump to be Impeached

Trump is not my president but i think the world needs more like him to take a stand on the bullshit........
That's one way to solve world problems. A few more like Trump and we will be sent back to the Stoneage.
Then we will be preoccupied with finding the next meal with a club.
Nationalism is only good for individual countries. It is Tribal in nature. Globalization as much as folks dislike the concept is the safest way forward as a planet.

The House voted to impeach Pres. Trump for the second time. This time, Trump is charged with "incitement of insurrection." The trial is scheduled to begin in early February.

Not sure what the point of that is then since he'll be long gone...it becomes symbolic, though I think it will prevent him from running for office again.

It would be justice to see him pay in some way for the problems he caused ,but I fear he will walk away from the White House and will continue to be the same boorish oaf in private life. He'll continue to offend , insult people, not pay his bills, create shady business deals and be an all around lousy human being.

I will never understand how your country works. I don't get how a person can just break the law and have no consequences.

I will never understand how your country works. I don't get how a person can just break the law and have no consequences.
Good question....in this case it comes down to being the President, having power, and it's intrinsic protections.
Much of what Trump is accused of is politics currently (one's point of view) and those on his side don't think he deserves to be impeached, etc for merely speaking his mind. The Dems think it caused a riot...again one has to prove this and it comes down to politics in this case.
However If the state of New York can find enough evidence (after he's gone from politics) he will be prosecuted for those crimes relating to his buisness dealings. But I think the US laws protect a sitting president on matters of federal issues while in office.
Regarding your general statement, of course people who break the laws(state or fed) have consequences and get arrested same as in your country and all other democratic nations. There is little difference in that....though as always in all places money and power will often corrupt justice and again this is not in the US alone but most places. I suspect some in Australia, England, France, etc have gone free due to various factors of law and money and power...the bad guys dont' always get caught.

On another site I asked of a member who is a very hard line Trump supporter...

'Ok, say Biden decides to answer this rigged election business once and for all. He arranger for ten Republicans and Ten democrats to be allowed to look at every vote cast. To be helped verifying its origin. Every single vote. He allowed for a month.
And if, at the end of it, it was shown that there was no rigging at all, what would they do ?'

Basically, would they admit they were wrong, and that Trump was lying.

It's been a few days now. And no response to that particular question.

On another site I asked of a member who is a very hard line Trump supporter...

'Ok, say Biden decides to answer this rigged election business once and for all. He arranger for ten Republicans and Ten democrats to be allowed to look at every vote cast. To be helped verifying its origin. Every single vote. He allowed for a month.
And if, at the end of it, it was shown that there was no rigging at all, what would they do ?'

Basically, would they admit they were wrong, and that Trump was lying.

It's been a few days now. And no response to that particular question.
And I doubt you will get a serious straight forward answer. I suspect most 'Trump' sycophants know darn well it was not rigged and are being sore losers. Though as the video above shows some are simply bat shit crazy. All the Trump supporters I know in my circle of acquaintances (and family and friends) are white folks who want white folks ro continue to run things...period. There are a few who voted for him because they think he'll protect their money in the marketplace..even though they know he's a complete jerk.

Reactions: Area201
I hope we don't have any more mob incidents but many of the nutters who support him seem like they want to cause trouble and they see it as their 'patriotic' duty to do so.

'Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.'
Samuel Johnson 1775

Reactions: Area201
Not sure what the point of that is then since he'll be long gone...it becomes symbolic, though I think it will prevent him from running for office again.
1. upholds rule of law, sets precedence. and 2. bars from running for office in future

Besides fueling the gullible followers with unhinged idea of "election theft", and pushing Pence to not accept the result, and even not attending the inauguration, Trump intentionally failed to deploy national guard prior to Jan 6th, knowing fully well the planned major event as we all did. Then they further stalled for 2 hours (Pentagon officials due to chain of command).

Trump deployed them against Antifa/BLM protesters using the Insurrection Act argument and shot them in the face with rubber bullets, yet when a real insurrection takes place he didn't. These combined provide all the evidence I see to impeach him and bar from running again. If not, these people either have no balls, have been duped, or just anti-American. The Viking Guy is asking for a pardon.

I'm having some debates with people on various social media apps and I'm getting hit from both sides. I was called "Hitler" the other day for criticizing AOC. Then I get called a "leftist" if I say anything critical of Trump. There's little or any room for moderate positions or any type of mix.

Right now the extreme Marxist lunatics are packaged with Democrats and the Trump cultists with Republicans, they should just form their own parties.

Seems like the GOP will be broken into two with Trump cultists 1/3 and traditional 2/3. It would be good if we could break into more parties I think as the duopoly shows the inefficiency of modern democratic set-up, complete grid lock. But I guess this is the inevitable result.

The General Election process is outdated and EC is needs to be tweaked - inefficient elections with (unconstitutional) winner take all EC votes in States. We probably won't see any changes until all the Boomers die off, so another 10-15 years at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
..Seems like the GOP will be broken into two with Trump cultists 1/3 and traditional 2/3. It would be good if we could break into more parties I think as the duopoly shows the inefficiency of modern democratic set-up, complete grid lock. But I guess this is the inevitable result...

If that did happen, the Democrats will be in power for ever.

Think about it, the difference between the votes wasn't so great.

If a third party was to be formed it would inevitably be from the Republican voters. Why should any Democrats wish for another party ?

And a pro-Trump party wouldn't get enough votes.

So, a new party weakens the Republicans so much they won't be able to get enough votes to win again, but the new party also can't win.

So the Republicans really need to get their house in order if they ever want power again.

Just my view.

Democracy isn't to blame for only two major parties...that's just the way the money and power shook out over the years.
We used to have 3 or 4 or more back in the day. I'd blame modern social pressures and cultural aspects ...and as always money.
I do think we will end up with 2 Republican parties...the current one and a more radical Trump based entity.
We could also end up with more than one 'Democratic' party...there are a significant number of younger/radical people who aren't convinced the current Dems are liberal enough for them. If Biden should get old and pass away before his term is over would Harris make the party more liberal...or not?

We have had (still do) other parties that have shook the establishment. But non of them could get a majority and would need the backing of the two main parties to form a coalition.

Our system is a bit different to yours in that as well as the two main parties, each country in the UK has it's own party. Again, these parties always get plenty of votes, but non enough to gain real power. And when i comes to Nation voting, the people in these parties know their own can't win, and strategically vote for one of the main two. I occasionally vote this way if I think that my party is going in some direction I don't like.
I vote on issues, not party politics.

We have had (still do) other parties that have shook the establishment. But non of them could get a majority and would need the backing of the two main parties to form a coalition.

Our system is a bit different to yours in that as well as the two main parties, each country in the UK has it's own party. Again, these parties always get plenty of votes, but non enough to gain real power. And when i comes to Nation voting, the people in these parties know their own can't win, and strategically vote for one of the main two. I occasionally vote this way if I think that my party is going in some direction I don't like.
I vote on issues, not party politics.
We should all vote the issues but sadly many don't. The problem is that a party might have only one issue you agree with and no others you support...then what do you do?

Wasting taxpayer money on a man who has already left office! What a waste! I did not like him either, come to think of it I don't care much for Biden.. But Trump is out let it go!