Trumps crazies do it again

..United we stand, divided we fall..

Was that the thinking behind the Republicans refusal to allow an full investigation into January 6th ?

Reactions: Dr Wu
..United we stand, divided we fall..

Was that the thinking behind the Republicans refusal to allow an full investigation into January 6th ?
Or the democrats refusal to investigate Hillary Clinton? All the parties both do it. It is a continual battle.

"Retired four-star Gen. Barry McCaffrey on Monday slammed retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn for calling for a Myanmar-like coup in America during a QAnon conference last weekend.
“This is harmful. This is putting the country at risk,” McCaffrey said on MSNBC. “I have never heard anything like this, probably in the last hundred years. This kind of, just completely irresponsible, provocative language.”
(Watch the interview in the video above.)
McCaffrey predicted the Department of Justice was going to be “hard-pressed not to consider whether this language is criminal in nature.”
Flynn, Donald Trump’s one-time national security adviser, made the statement at the “For God & Country Patriot Roundup” conference in Texas, where he was the keynote speaker. During a question-and-answer session, he called for an American coup.
“I wanna know why what happened in Myanmar can’t happen here?” asked an unidentified member of the audience, who described himself as a “simple Marine. (He pronounced the name of the nation as “Minnimar.”)
“No reason,” Flynn responded to wild screams of approval. “It should happen.”

To keep it accurate. first Flynn responded with 'No reason, it could happen' That would have been acceptable, implying he saw that there was a risk. But he immediately added 'should happen'. That was a step too far.

Plutronus,

..The social division problem in America is that of the communista people of color. They are working to overthrow the safe, sane, abundant, peaceful American way of life...

I didn't see many of the people you describe being involved in the attack on the Capital Building on January 6.

I did see a lot of Republican white people attacking the police and trying to prevent the lawful process .

As these people would be the very antithesis of communists, I think your statement above has a problem.

Reactions: Dr Wu
“I deeply regret and am very sorry I entered into the Capitol Building on Jan. 6, 2021. I should not have been there. Period,” Jacob Chansley, also known as Jake Angeli, said in a statement.
“I was wrong. Period,” the statement said.

:biggrin:

To keep it accurate. first Flynn responded with 'No reason, it could happen' That would have been acceptable, implying he saw that there was a risk. But he immediately added 'should happen'. That was a step too far.
I do need to append something here.

My statement above is from when Flynn had just been reported. And this is the first time I saw the report. It was as I quoted.

However,

Later in the day, while watching the whole thing again, (CNN) I noticed that the first part 'It could' is missing. If you listen very carefully it does sound as if the 'it could' part has been clipped out.

I do need to append something here.

My statement above is from when Flynn had just been reported. And this is the first time I saw the report. It was as I quoted.

However,

Later in the day, while watching the whole thing again, (CNN) I noticed that the first part 'It could' is missing. If you listen very carefully it does sound as if the 'it could' part has been clipped out.
He spoke at a Qanon rally and he denies that Biden won supporting the batshit crazy idea that the election was stolen fromTrump...that about says all you need to know. Regarding the coup comment which was brought up by the crowd he was talking to and he supports btw...it's possible he might have chosen his words poorly but he definitely is right in the middle of all the right wing nuts who want 'their country back'. They are all reporting that he said 'it should happen here'. Surely if that is not what he said then a tape of the rally or those there can negate this.....have they?

Surely if that is not what he said then a tape of the rally or those there can negate this.....have they?..

No, not yet.

But I definitely know it was said. I do recall thinking (after the 'it could') Yes, highly unlikely though.
The after the second part "it should' thinking 'Is he crazy' ?'

Surely if that is not what he said then a tape of the rally or those there can negate this.....have they?..

No, not yet.

But I definitely know it was said. I do recall thinking (after the 'it could') Yes, highly unlikely though.
The after the second part "it should' thinking 'Is he crazy' ?'
Well...it seems like these days there are many crazy righties who still believe the steal lie and other bs.
I've lost faith in humans lately.

"Trumps crazies do it again"
The more than clear mentality behind this thread is segregation
How do you respond to these claims, Dundee?

"Trumps crazies do it again"
The more than clear mentality behind this thread is segregation
How do you respond to these claims, Dundee?
If this is an honest question and not a set up I will answer it.
Keep in mind I know very little about US politics, and over the years I could not tell you even what party your presidents hail from. Other than Mr Trump of course for obvious reasons.

So as an outside observer only, and combined with my humble knowledge of my own countries politics.
It seems to me that any country needs X amount of dollars to run. So where that comes from varies, some parties are inclined to tax business, some are inclined to tax the worker. It is easy for any of us to be an armchair expert and have an opinion. But none of us are privy to all the things that need to be balanced so really, we have no choice but to trust our Polly's to do the best for us. It seems to me that they are almost all crazy from all party's and usually have their own interests at heart.

But our interests and needs vary. If you have 200 employees and are an exporter, your needs will be different to a builder with 3 workers, or a factory worker on a wage. You cannot easily please everyone. So sopmeone has to compromise a little, or a lot. I am glad it is not me that has to try and sort it all out.

There is many ways to skin a cat. If we exchanged our monthly budgets and bills we would likely do it very different. But we still get it done. For that reason I am ambivalent to it all really, because here in Australia no matter what political party is in power. The difference to my life is minor to non existent. So I judge politicians, and my vote on character and integrity as much as can be gleaned through the facade of news and spin.

So now to your question.
I am not a US citizen, so I cannot say with any knowledge if your world is substantially worse under Mr Biden, or Mr Trump.
And keep in mind this is just the opinion of an outside observer.
My Trump has many many qualities I personally find abhorrent.
And some of the things he said, and says, in my opinion had the potential to cause mayhem, and it seemed for no other reason than his (in my opinion) crazy agenda.

His presidency was for me filled with madness.
He created division on purpose it seems.

In the end we all want the same thing, get paid, afford to live, enjoy life.
But the division of opinions in the USA blows my mind.
Some of the trump supporters I have watched...honestly frighten me.
I am not a USA basher, never have been. The US has many faults as we all do but the contribution the US makes to world peace cannot be underestimated. Make no mistake, without the US we would surely have kids speaking Japanes, German, Chinese or Russian as a primary language,

But the division with you guys...segregation is off its head. I don't care ir a republican or a democrat wears the biggest hat in the US. I just feel the division and madness created by Mr Trump upsets the status quo in a very bad way. We all want the same thing in the end. Why should he turn neighbor against neighbor just to win a vote.

We all need to find middle ground and stop being so black and white about things.
So...after all that.

I think I agree with you. Segregation, division extreme views on both sides are not good :)

One final thing, I done even understand the passion you and Doc have for this stuff.
Your humor thread is all political satire??? Not having a go Scarlet but many of your threads have a political or adversarial undertones. For me, a Humor thread is Monty Python or your comedian of choice. I don't understand the preoccupation with politics.

...My Trump has many many qualities I personally find abhorrent.
And some of the things he said, and says, in my opinion had the potential to cause mayhem, and it seemed for no other reason than his (in my opinion) crazy agenda.

His presidency was for me filled with madness.
He created division on purpose it seems.
That sums it up for all rational people.

btw..I have no passion for politics at all....my dad was a Republican also back in the old days.
Like many many others I simply think Drumpf was/is a terrible person and is not the sort of person I want representing the US.

Reactions: Dundee
That sums it up for all rational people.

btw..I have no passion for politics at all....my dad was a Republican also back in the old days.
Like many many others I simply think Drumpf was/is a terrible person and is not the sort of person I want representing the US.
A conservative so I am not rational?
Learning all sorts today