UFO Crash in the Dominican Republic

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
Z2CdvfD.jpg

Image: Pixabay

The thunderous crash of an unidentified object shook the Caribbean nation earlier this month. The video, posted to YouTube on October 8, shows a group of residents around a massive, still-burning metallic piece of debri which many are speculating to be some kind of space junk. Authorities warned the locals to avoid getting close to the oddity in case of a fire flare-up and possible harmful radiation levels.

D

Dr Wu

I'm surprised it didn't do more damage to the ground.....at any rate it's probably a piece of that damn Russian space station which I heard is way over due for maintenance.
;)

H

HAL

It looks remarkably undamaged and unscorched to say it has just come in from space.

And no impact marks on the ground ?

I wonder if the pallet to the right of it was the one it was delivered on.

HAL.

D

Dr Wu

The actual you tube video says it is a satellite fall....when you link on it at you tube.

H

HAL

I can believe it could be a satellite part. The tubes being guidance thrusters.

Still very little disturbance on the ground.

H

HAL

On second thoughts , no, those stubby tubes are not anything like thrusters.
I think it is a bit of industrial scrap.

And it's not scorched.

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
This is the weirdest satellite crash like ever. They usually burn up during reentry but this one looks ok. Some are now saying this dropped from a passing plane although that doesn't explain the fire. Weird.

H

HAL

If it fell from anywhere you would expect to see it partially buried in the ground. This thing is just sitting on the surface. The fire looks a bit odd.

And wouldn't any plane losing something so big, well, notice ?

D

Dundee

Yeah I am guessing a bit of a plane, or a rocket?
But it is odd it shows little damage. I would imagine anything falling from those heights would be a bit wrecked.

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
The locals may have moved the object a bit from the impact hole. Rumours abound that this was part of some type of rocket launched from a B-52 bomber :-0

Reactions: Dundee
H

HAL

Let's consider what we have here.

Something that looks like a silo. Bottom (or top ?) has a flange around it that has a ring of closely spaced holes. Clearly intended to bolt down to something else.
The are something like twenty four short stubs apparently welded to the in a ring around the bottom of the parallel section. Each stub ends in a flange that has four (or maybe six) bolt holes equally spaced around it.

I would suggest something from a chemical plant.