UFO Crash in the Dominican Republic

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
Z2CdvfD.jpg

Image: Pixabay

The thunderous crash of an unidentified object shook the Caribbean nation earlier this month. The video, posted to YouTube on October 8, shows a group of residents around a massive, still-burning metallic piece of debri which many are speculating to be some kind of space junk. Authorities warned the locals to avoid getting close to the oddity in case of a fire flare-up and possible harmful radiation levels.

I'm surprised it didn't do more damage to the ground.....at any rate it's probably a piece of that damn Russian space station which I heard is way over due for maintenance.
;)

It looks remarkably undamaged and unscorched to say it has just come in from space.

And no impact marks on the ground ?

I wonder if the pallet to the right of it was the one it was delivered on.

HAL.

The actual you tube video says it is a satellite fall....when you link on it at you tube.

I can believe it could be a satellite part. The tubes being guidance thrusters.

Still very little disturbance on the ground.

On second thoughts , no, those stubby tubes are not anything like thrusters.
I think it is a bit of industrial scrap.

And it's not scorched.

This is the weirdest satellite crash like ever. They usually burn up during reentry but this one looks ok. Some are now saying this dropped from a passing plane although that doesn't explain the fire. Weird.

If it fell from anywhere you would expect to see it partially buried in the ground. This thing is just sitting on the surface. The fire looks a bit odd.

And wouldn't any plane losing something so big, well, notice ?

Yeah I am guessing a bit of a plane, or a rocket?
But it is odd it shows little damage. I would imagine anything falling from those heights would be a bit wrecked.

The locals may have moved the object a bit from the impact hole. Rumours abound that this was part of some type of rocket launched from a B-52 bomber :-0

Reactions: Dundee
Let's consider what we have here.

Something that looks like a silo. Bottom (or top ?) has a flange around it that has a ring of closely spaced holes. Clearly intended to bolt down to something else.
The are something like twenty four short stubs apparently welded to the in a ring around the bottom of the parallel section. Each stub ends in a flange that has four (or maybe six) bolt holes equally spaced around it.

I would suggest something from a chemical plant.