UFO For Sale

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
hN8JYE2.png

Image: Futurochch.nz

In 1968, Finnish architect Matti Suuronen designed and fabricated a limited number of tiny houses in the shape of a UFO meant to be used as ski cabins or holiday dwellings. The Futuro houses, as they are officially known, soon found enthusiastic customers from all over the world, who went on to purchase the one hundred or so saucer-shaped residences as they became available throughout the late '60s and early '70s.

Over time, many of these architectural oddities have all but disappeared or fallen into disrepair, increasing the value of the ones that remain and are in good shape to the point of making them a much sought-after collector's item. Recently, one of the few Futuro houses located in New Zealand hit the auction block in Otautahi, Christchurch. This particular Futuro is in excellent conditions and is estimated that it will fetch over $200,000 by 5th December 2020, when the sale ends. If you have $200K burning a hole in your pockets, why not place a bid on the closest UFO habitat this side of Zeta Reticuli?

Reactions: Area201
I wonder if the architect had some sort of UFO sighting back in the day. I would buy it if I had FU money, but I'm sure an even better fiberglass or metal replica can be made for less than wut they are asking.

Reactions: Area201