UFO? UAP? Batman Balloon?

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
OmXQ8Cf.jpg

Image: U.S. Department of Defense

The Debrief's Tim McMillan has scored big for the UFO community. The former law enforcement officer turned UFO investigator dug deep into reports of an alleged 2018 UFO encounter documented by military pilots off the East Coast of the United States. The UFO sighting - which according to top Department of Defense officials occurred inside a designated training airspace - not only produced a lengthy report that circulated inside the upper echelons of the U.S. Intelligence Community, but was also accompanied by a rather interesting piece of visual media that purports to show an object of unidentified origin (:alien:?).

UEMrODR.jpg

Image: U.S. Department of Defense

In the image - said to have been taken by the backseat weapons systems operator of an F/A-18 fighter jet - a silvery object is seen hovering above the ocean as the jet is fast approaching. Further details of the incident, however, remain classified due to the sensitive nature of the activities conducted during the training mission that took a turn for the surreal. In a written statement to McMillan, Pentagon spokeswoman Susan Gough cited the reasons for maintaining the details of the encounter confidential:

To maintain operations security and to avoid disclosing information that may be useful to potential adversaries, DOD does not discuss publicly the details of reports, observations or examinations of reported incursions into our training ranges or designated airspace, including those incursions initially designated as UAP.

• Haha
Reactions: Area201
John Greenwald blew this one wide open on his podcast. It was most likely a tetroon. He speculates that the intelligence community was having some twisted fun with the ufology community.

Had to look up tetroon...and it does look like one of those grey balloons...but I was not aware that the military nor intel had a sense of humor.
;)

Had to look up tetroon...and it does look like one of those grey balloons...but I was not aware that the military nor intel had a sense of humor.
;)
They do. In the Joe Rogan interview, Cmdr. Fravor confessed to playing UFO pranks with his jet on unsuspecting campers out in the wilderness.

They do. In the Joe Rogan interview, Cmdr. Fravor confessed to playing UFO pranks with his jet on unsuspecting campers out in the wilderness.
I meant the orgs in general not individual pilots....but I suppose a pilot now and then gets bored.
So then did the just happen to come across a tetroon that got lost or released it themselves..?
:oops:

I meant the orgs in general not individual pilots....but I suppose a pilot now and then gets bored.
So then did the just happen to come across a tetroon that got lost or released it themselves..?
:oops:
Apparently, they released the tetroon as part of a military exercise and then sent the jet to intercept it. It is unknown at this time whether the pilots knew what the object was. It is possible they didn't know the nature of the target and that is why they took the pic. Notice the wording in Susan Gough statement to McMillan. She clearly says that the incursion was initially designated as UAP, which could mean that it was later classified as identified.

Mystery Wire just posted more photos relating to the story above. As is turned out, the so-called Batman balloon wasn't the only object seen that day. During the training mission, pilots spotted two additional objects, that to this day, remain unidentified. Here are the 3 objects captured by Navy personnel courtesy of Mystery Wire:

UFO-PICS-PKG.00_02_01_23.Still001.jpg

Its an intereesting read, Certainly seems to be out of the database of known aircraft by the comments. And it is a common occurrence in that location they say'

A new class of sky critters. Maybe the come out of the ocean's depths and hover in the sky for a while before going back in.

Reactions: Dundee