UFOs on 60 Minutes

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
NIoVSvp.png

Image: Pixabay

After half of century of reticence about the topic, 60 Minutes - the paragon of journalism in The United States - broke its silence about UFOs with a segment featuring a parade of former armed forces personnel and government officials, all with an out-of-this-world story to tell.

The much-anticipated broadcast had its seeds of origin back in December 2017, when an obscure former Pentagon insider by the name of Luis Elizondo, took the subject of UFOs from its shadowy subculture and brought it into the attention of the general public and mainstream media via The New York Times piece, Glowing Auras and 'Black Money' : The Pentagon's Mysterious U.F.O. Program.

After decades of hesitation and denial, news media and the U.S. Government are finally beginning to have the conversation with the public about a phenomenon that not only refuses to go away, but is actually showing signs of increased brazen activity around military assets and equities around the world.

Watch this groundbreaking 60 Minutes segment below and don't forget to comment.

Reactions: Purplepilled83
But nothing new there. CNN covered it last night. It doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know ; or at least suspect. It was interesting that they (CNN) has James Clapper on. And that he was non-committal, but not actually denying anything.
There is supposed to be more coming out in a few week.

But nothing new there. CNN covered it last night. It doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know ; or at least suspect. It was interesting that they (CNN) has James Clapper on. And that he was non-committal, but not actually denying anything.
There is supposed to be more coming out in a few week.
Haha Hal me old mucca. 😊 Your being a bit free with the "we" all knew or suspected. Thing arent you. If memory serves you and doc have gone pretty hard trying to discredit the whole thing. Particularly the tic tac. I think even this baby step is Huge. And we are still yet to see what the Government says. As you pointed out there might be more coming in a few weeks. In my opinion this much is huge and provides credibly to the subject it never had before. And opens the gate to further releases.

I thought it was all very matter of fact and really nothing we didn’t already know. I did like the woman pilot though she was badass. I also got the sense that they were trying to push the fear agenda with not knowing and needing to defend ourselves.

I thought it was all very matter of fact and really nothing we didn’t already know. I did like the woman pilot though she was badass. I also got the sense that they were trying to push the fear agenda with not knowing and needing to defend ourselves.
Don't you think the fear agenda is justified? If we have ufos of unknown Origins coming and going with impunity to the worlds most secured facilities. Thats pretty scary in my books for a host of reasons.

What makes you so sure there is actually anything there at all ?
This pilot claims it has been a daily occurrence for at least two years. Is this all they have ? A couple of long distance out of focus pictures.
If this was real there would be at least one satellite constantly monitoring the area.

Wake me up when something interesting happens.

Meanwhile, perhaps we should draw a circle around Baja California and stick up a sign reading 'There be Dragons'.

The published evidence is paltry compared to the extraordinary claims that the general public is now being asked to consider. Because I believe the phenomenon is real, a simple acknowledgement will do; but it is definitely not enough to convince the intelligentsia.

Well 1 sighting every day reported by one pilot is 730 sightings by credible military in one 2 year period. That is enough to wake me up. And it seems more to come. I am not going to get in a fight with you over this mate.

For as long as i can recall us believers have been targeted as nutters. Had shit thrown on us. Been the butt of jokes, been called names, but worse still in my opinion have had open and implied slurs againt our reasoning. On this very forum i have many times been made fun of and certain people have tried make me and others look stupid. If a UFO person makes a comment so often it is misinterpreted and misquoted and intentionally made to look stupid. I have commented more times than i can count how the show me the proof argument has been misused and abused. When we have quoted tbings like the tic tac we have had what in my opinion have been the silliest alternate explanations yet "we are the nutters?"
Well it seems someone is now taking it all seriously. I might over the next few months be treated to a massive serving of humble pie. Well i know the taste well so be it.

But in my opinion this crazy denial of what seems to me to be every sighting by the skeptics is bordering on tbe same insanity we have seen in tbe extreme beleivers. Only from the skeptics.
I feel the skeptic community cant see the forest for the trees.

If the government suddenly validates this stuff. And it seems that they might be doing just that. It might be time for the skeptics to get a dose of pie.

Would you all like cream or custard with your pie. I find it more palatable with cream. 🍕😊

The published evidence is paltry compared to the extraordinary claims that the general public is now being asked to consider. Because I believe the phenomenon is real, a simple acknowledgement will do; but it is definitely not enough to convince the intelligentsia.
Yet.... Lets see what next month brings.

Pie for everyone! 🥧 🍰
Haha. Thanks Leta but my fridge is overstocked with humble pie. I seem to accumulated a fair bit.
I am not a fence sitter. Never will be. I will always make a call and if i am wrong i am big and ugly enough to wear it. Nothing shits me more than hesitance, indifference and inaction. The "oh i dunno, not my problem" is is a terrible place to be. I would rather look like a fool 99 times in a row if time 100 i get it right and help someone.

Haha. Thanks Leta but my fridge is overstocked with humble pie. I seem to accumulated a fair bit.
I am not a fence sitter. Never will be. I will always make a call and if i am wrong i am big and ugly enough to wear it. Nothing shits me more than hesitance, indifference and inaction. The "oh i dunno, not my problem" is is a terrible place to be. I would rather look like a fool 99 times in a row if time 100 i get it right and help someone.
As the UFO story unfolds, you'll find many prominent and garden variety skeptics reveal their true nature as the mantle of science and rationality they hid under for so many years is pulled away from them. Some of them are already having public meltdowns on social media. 😆

Reactions: Dundee
I just dont get the skeptics. It feels like a modern day version of the sun revolves round the earth. At every step in our history human stupidity reigned supreme.
We are here. The sky is huge. Why should we be alone. It makes as much sence as a flat earth to me. I suspect in time to come our generations will be looked on as idiots.

I just dont get the skeptics. It feels like a modern day version of the sun revolves round the earth. At every step in our history human stupidity reigned supreme.
We are here. The sky is huge. Why should we be alone. It makes as much sence as a flat earth to me. I suspect in time to come our generations will be looked on as idiots.
People are invested in their beliefs and not everyone has the fortitude or intellectual honesty to accept that their worldview could be erroneous.

• Love
Reactions: Skarlett
People are invested in their beliefs and not everyone has the fortitude or intellectual honesty to accept that their worldview could be erroneous.
Well lets hope this is all the beginning of something good. If we one day get an admission of ET i think all our world views will be getting a shake. Just some more than others. Lol

If you think about what he just said.
We dont know what it is. That is the highest office in the land saying that. You have in other videos military and political people saying the same, and further that they estimate the tech to be 100 to 1000 years ahead of us. I suspect their is differences in the major rivals like china and Russia but i cant see them being 100 to 1000 years ahead. We had one video that addmitted you cannot exclude the possibility of et...
In my opinion it is looking like it might just be et. What else ticks those boxes. I cant think of anything.