Violence against indians in Australia

F

Fish

Hate me all you want Dundee but don't go around hurting innocent indians or hindus, the one u should be hating are not the upper caste, it should be the ceylonese tamils, we are the ones who took most of the big jobs in Australia. It's not because we are rich, it's because we work very hard.

PS: i won't be here anymore.

Hate me all you want Dundee but don't go around hurting innocent indians or hindus, the one u should be hating are not the upper caste, it should be the ceylonese tamils, we are the ones who took most of the big jobs in Australia. It's not because we are rich, it's because we work very hard.

PS: i won't be here anymore.

What on earth gives you the idea I hate you fish?
Just because I disagree with your take on the world doesn't mean I hate you.
Quite the opposite, your contribution here is great, your thoughts welcome and I have always enjoyed your posts.

But you made a hell of a controversial statement Fish
The title of your thread was India rape problem linked to genetics.

Think about that on its own. You are basically racially profiling a demographic of Indian citizens as child molesters!

Surely you can't expect to say something like that without backing it up with some evidence, unless you expressly say it is "Only your Opinion"

It has been my experience in almost 40 years of online forums and BB's that the onus is on the person making the statement, to back it up. It is just how it works. I didn't make up the rules of how a forum works.

If you had premised that with, "I think that..." or " I wonder if..." you would be simply expressing an opinion.
But you did not.

If I remember correctly you made reference to your brothers teachers?? I think??
All I did was request some evidence.
You asked us what we thought, right or wrong I told you what I thought.

If I started a thread that said, "Scientists Link Tall people to Alien DNA"
Every person who read that title would think...Oh did they, show us the paper.
And I would fully expect to have to back up such a statement with some evidence.
But like you, I won't compromise my principles, I found your statement to be in my opinion racist. I will never remain silent on racism. If I am wrong, show me the paper your brothers teachers wrote to show that some Indians are geneticly inclined to pedophilia and we can debate that.

It is up to you of course, but I see no need for you to leave in anger. But you need to know If you make controversial statements and are unwilling to produce any evidence to support them other than your own opinion, your going to find those that disagree.

As for the topic here,
Yes I agree, some Australians, perhaps even many are very overtly or covertly racist. I am ashamed to say.I have seen examples of it from all demographics, Older Australians, younger Australians. The Indian community here sometimes gets a hell of a bad rap. Given Australia was built on immigration, I think it sad that the so called lucky country has so many racists.
I personally love it when I have the chance to meet someone from another culture. So much can be learned from them, so much history. If anything I prefer the company of international people as I often find them far more interesting to be around.

Australia's track record on racism is atrocious. And as for human rights. What our government is doing to asylum seekers is shameful, and I look forward to the day when our government is taken to task by the international community for what we have done.
So on this one fish... No argument from me at all.

What on earth gives you the idea I hate you fish?
Just because I disagree with your take on the world doesn't mean I hate you.
Quite the opposite, your contribution here is great, your thoughts welcome and I have always enjoyed your posts.

But you made a hell of a controversial statement Fish
The title of your thread was India rape problem linked to genetics.

Think about that on its own. You are basically racially profiling a demographic of Indian citizens as child molesters!

Surely you can't expect to say something like that without backing it up with some evidence, unless you expressly say it is "Only your Opinion"

It has been my experience in almost 40 years of online forums and BB's that the onus is on the person making the statement, to back it up. It is just how it works. I didn't make up the rules of how a forum works.

If you had premised that with, "I think that..." or " I wonder if..." you would be simply expressing an opinion.
But you did not.

If I remember correctly you made reference to your brothers teachers?? I think??
All I did was request some evidence.
You asked us what we thought, right or wrong I told you what I thought.

If I started a thread that said, "Scientists Link Tall people to Alien DNA"
Every person who read that title would think...Oh did they, show us the paper.
And I would fully expect to have to back up such a statement with some evidence.
But like you, I won't compromise my principles, I found your statement to be in my opinion racist. I will never remain silent on racism. If I am wrong, show me the paper your brothers teachers wrote to show that some Indians are geneticly inclined to pedophilia and we can debate that.

It is up to you of course, but I see no need for you to leave in anger. But you need to know If you make controversial statements and are unwilling to produce any evidence to support them other than your own opinion, your going to find those that disagree.

First of all i've never racially profile any demographic of Indian citizens as child molesters. India is just made up mostly indian race only and mental illness can happens to everyone, rich, poor, smart, not smart, upper caste, lower caste and etc..
"There are two types of mental illness, environmental and genetical" environmental influence is like for example when the surrounding is very bad it can make a normal healthy person to get mental illness / act differently and if that person stays in that same environment for generations it can even change the genetics, for this situation it's the poor women's right and law that has been happening for years.

And like i've said, i cannot come up with the evidence for this topic because it is a discussion between doctors to doctors only, they probably won't give the research papers due to copyright reasons and i won't ask my brother who is a medical student doing his medical practical in the hospitals to waste his time trying to get something that probably they won't give. That is why it's something i can't debate with and i only ask for your suggestions and your opinions about it.

I've already said in the original post:
"What do u think is the cause of India's rape problem and what can be done to change it?" Which is a opinion.
I didn't say "What do you think about it?" which would be a debate.

I'm not angry, i'm upset and suspicious.
Racism is everywhere and some have their own ideas of racism, like for example some say asians are racist because they are taking all the good jobs and the others are not getting it and some say muslims are racist because they are terrorists and only love their religion. My eldest brother was a aerospace engineer working in Kansas, a indian aerospace engineer was shot there in Kansas because the killer thought that he was a muslim.

OK Fish,
But Doctor to Doctor means very little in the scientific community.
If you study any area, medicine, education, genetics or whatever. And you make some discovery, a new treatment, a better drug, or a genetic link between a cause and effect. In science it means absolutely nothing until it is peer reviewed.
You present your findings to your peers, it may be other scientists or researchers.
They look at what you have found, they look at your data, your methodology, what you did to test your hypothesis, a whole range of things. If your peers find your research to be valid and credible. You usually get your research published in a scientific journal. Somewhere, then if it is really good work, others may refer to your research in their own. If it is really ground breaking you get lots of credit and all sorts of stuff follows.

I don't make those rules up, it is just how it works.
Have a look here...

It is done that way to sift out the credible and reproducible results from the rubbish.
So when you said, "India rape problem linked to genetics" The immediate implication to that is that it was a proper peer reviewed study. You mentioned a couple of Doctors and so on. Studies like that have no real issue with copyright as far as my understanding goes. Unless it is a formula for a wonder drug then perhaps it will be secret. But medical findings and research is always published for the benefit of all.

So one doctor talking to another doctor and saying they have found a genetic link to the rape problem is meaningless unless it is peer reviewed and published. That's not me saying that before you get mad again, it is just how science works.
There have been many examples over the years of scientist coming up with findings that upon scrutiny have been found to be not correct. That is precisely why it is peer reviewed. It is a safeguard if you like.

I have an honors degree in computer science. But I am no one special at all, What is to stop me from making some outlandish claim about some new AI, and try to market it as the next wonder AI brain? All that stops me publishing loony results is per review.

That is what I wanted to see the study you referred to. If their is no study, if there is no peer review, all their is, is a theory by a couple of doctors. There is NO LINK or at least none proven yet. Not all doctors are correct, those may be. But until they follow the process it is not a Link, it is a theory.

So I am sorry you got so upset. Perhaps it is a cultural difference between us. But to me your title implies a proper scientific study.
All the best
D

Here is an example that might give you a laugh. :)
About 20 years ago I went to my Doctor about something, he did his thing and I mentioned in passing that the house I lived in had a problem with spiders. (I hate spiders :) ) I was just making conversation, and I don't even know how it came up.

He told me to walk out to where I think they might be and talk to them, reason with them and ask them to leave you alone. I laughed thinking he was joking. He was not, he was deadly serious. I did not know what to say...He then said, if that does not work, to kill on or two of them and burn them. Collect their ashes and sprinkle them around the perimeter of my property to keep the spiders away??

Ok so needless to say he is no longer my Doctor.
The point is, A title such as Dr does not automatically come with credibility. There are good and bad everywhere.
That is why things are peer reviewed.
It is a test of credibility.

Thanks for your opinion.

Perhaps it is a cultural difference between us.
There is no such thing as cultural differences, im from Malaysia, we are a multicultural and multiracial country. We all eat food, we all breathe the same air, have the same sun and etc, the only difference is our belief of the after life and the supernatural world.

My family have race of Europeans, Indian Tamils, Sir Lankan Tamils, Chinese, Malays and we don't find any difference.

Thanks for your opinion.

There is no such thing as cultural differences, im from Malaysia, we are a multicultural and multiracial country. We all eat food, we all breathe the same air, have the same sun and etc, the only difference is our belief of the after life and the supernatural world.

My family have race of Europeans, Indian Tamils, Sir Lankan Tamils, Chinese, Malays and we don't find any difference.
OK Fish, I have done my best here. But I am wasting my time it seems.
I will leave you with this...

Once, a long time ago, there was a wise Zen master. People from far and near would seek his counsel and ask for his wisdom. Many would come and ask him to teach them, enlighten them in the way of Zen. He seldom turned any away.
One day an important man, a man used to command and obedience came to visit the master. “I have come today to ask you to teach me about Zen. Open my mind to enlightenment.” The tone of the important man’s voice was one used to getting his own way.
The Zen master smiled and said that they should discuss the matter over a cup of tea. When the tea was served the master poured his visitor a cup. He poured and he poured and the tea rose to the rim and began to spill over the table and finally onto the robes of the wealthy man. Finally the visitor shouted, “Enough. You are spilling the tea all over. Can’t you see the cup is full?”
The master stopped pouring and smiled at his guest. “You are like this tea cup, so full that nothing more can be added. Come back to me when the cup is empty. Come back to me with an empty mind.”

Empty your mind Fish, or at least make a little space for other peoples points of view.
Al the best to you.