Wars & Withdrawals

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
HLESInG.jpg

Image: Commons

Political and military tensions are at an all-time high and also winding down. Earlier last week, Turkey confirmed that the United States requested permission to enter the Black Sea via the Bosporus and Dardanelles straits, both coastal passages belonging to said nation. The USS Donald Cook and USS Roosevelt are transiting through Turkish territorial waters as we speak in a show of support for Ukraine, a nation whose ever-shrinking borders are continuing to be threatened by its powerful neighbor to the East. In a communiqué on Tuesday, Russian Deputy Foreign Ministry Sergei Ryabkov sent a strong warning to America "to stay far away from Crimea and our Black Sea coast. It will be for their own good." In an unprecedented show of aggression, Russia continues to amass a huge numbers of troops and military equipment along Ukraine's border in what many consider be a prelude to a war that could potentially spark a global conflict.

wxHPVo4.jpg

Image: Commons

In the meantime, the Central Asian theater seems to be cooling down as negotiations are under way to withdraw all U.S. troops from Afghanistan by September 11 of this year. President Biden is hopeful that diplomatic talks between the Taliban and the current Afghan government will bear fruit and America's military presence will no longer be needed for the stability of the region. A high-ranking official in the Afghan National Security Office, however, is not so sanguine about the US' decision to pull out and predicted that a massive civil war will ensue.

Thanks for the news but i can't give u my insight on this. Don't we already have enough stress at work, family and etc? Imo let the world do whatever they want, let's enjoy life.

I'm giving you an advanced warning before WW3 starts in case you want to do something with your boyfriend gefore the world ends in a nuclear fireball. You're welcome 😊

• Wow
Reactions: Fish
I'm giving you an advanced warning before WW3 starts in case you want to do something with your boyfriend gefore the world ends in a nuclear fireball. You're welcome 😊
Ah i see thanks.

Yes we already have many plans to do together but the police here won't let us be together due to coronavirus, i think even ww3 happens it won't change anything

Leta!!!, don't be naughty, you should not be flippant :) Some people (me included) really get upset with this stuff.
Peoples emotions can be pretty fragile.

I bet when you were a little girl you would sit on the footpath frying ants with a magnifying glass :)

In my humble opinion (which I agree may be wishful thinking) this will pass like all the ones before it.
I grew up during the cold war and this stuff was a weekly event.
For the most part it is just sabre rattling. Neither side wants a nuclear conflict.
I used to get very upset when young and talk to my parents about it.
My dad always said.
"They are like two dogs barking through a fence, open the gate and all they do is sniff each others bums" :)
I think (hope) this will pass.
Its not the first time nor will it be the last time each side puffs up their chests,

Leta!!!, don't be naughty, you should not be flippant :) Some people (me included) really get upset with this stuff.

I bet when you were a little girl you would sit on the footpath frying ants with a magnifying glass :)
But that's the reality. Imo it's better to talk about it, at least we would be more prepared for it incase anything happens in the future.

But that's the reality. Imo it's better to talk about it, at least we would be more prepared for it incase anything happens in the future.
You put me on a spot fish from where I choose not to defend my position on this.
I will leave it at that. Talk away about WW3 to your hearts desire.

Think about it. The sudden withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan could be signaling a potential major conflict brewing with a super power. Things with China aren't going well, either. Major maritime forces gathering in those regions, too. I think they are recalling troops to deploy them elsewhere or to defend the homeland.

Reactions: Fish and Dundee
...or to defend the homeland...

Canada to the North, Mexico to the South, thousands of miles of ocean to the East and West. Plus more nuclear and conventional weapons than anyone else. How much more defense do you need ?

As Dundee said, this too will pass. But there will be a huge fall out in Afghanistan. Russia did the sensible thing years ago when they gave up on it.
However, it will probably become the new caliphate for ISIS and the associated groups. It's already half way there.

I don't foresee any major conflicts coming. No one has anything to win and does have everything to lose. There are no winners in a nuclear conflict. Probably a lot of the usual border skirmishes.

No one is going to attack America in it's own back yard. What would be the point ?

After the end of the war with Japan, the Japanes leader (Hirohito ?) said 'we have failed to conquer the World militarily. So we will do it economically'. And the great Japanese production machine got rolling. America is worried about China simply because China can produce goods and sell them for much less than America can. Simple economics.

HAL.

I know who will, it's North Korea, Un don't really care losing because anyhow he will still make money through his slave worker country man, make them to work in other country and give him money.

I think the reason he is not doing it is because he lacks the resources to make it.

...or to defend the homeland...

Canada to the North, Mexico to the South, thousands of miles of ocean to the East and West. Plus more nuclear and conventional weapons than anyone else. How much more defense do you need ?
In case of a nuclear exchange, we are going to need all the troops back home to defend what is left from both enemies foreign and domestic. It is the only logical choice.

• Wow
Thought this would fit in quite well here even though it's just a song...... :cool:

THE FUNKY WESTERN CIVILIZATION

(Tonio K.)

Come on everybody

get on your feet

get with the beat

there's a brand new dance craze
sweeping the nation

and it's called the funky western civilization

Well there's a riot in the courthouse, there's a fire in the street

there's a sinner bein' trampled by a thousand pious feet

there's a baby every minute bein' born without a chance

now don't that make you want to jump right up and start to dance?

Let's do the funky

the funky western civilization

it's really spunky
it's just like summertime vacation

you just grab your partner by the hair
throw her down and leave her there

They put jesus on a cross, they put a hole in j.f.k.

they put hitler in the driver's seat and looked the other way

now they've got poison in the water and the whole world in a trance

but just because we're hypnotized, that don't mean we can't dance

We've got the funky

the funky western civilization

it's really spunky

you just drag your partner through the dirt

leave him in a world of hurt

You get down

get funky

get western

(own up to it boys and girls)

and if you try real hard maybe you can even get,
you know, kinda ... civilized

(Mesdames et messieurs, bon soir. this is joan of arc. tonio has asked me to personally deliver a rather special message.
he say he just cannot get enough of my 15th-century wisdom. he say he loves it when i talk goofy like this.
and after many a saturday night of doing ze funky western civilization together, i know for a fact he agrees with me when i say [in french]:

you can bullshit the baker and get the buns , 
you can back out of every deal except one.

Oh, it's a funky

a funky western civilization

it's oh, so very spunky

all's you gotta do is find some little kid somewhere
and throw him way up in the air

(never mind the parents)

yes it's a funky
a funky western civilization
and it may seem kinda skunky, you know
but it's hitting every nation (all across the universe)
that's 'cause all's you gotta do is grab your partner by the hair
throw her down and leave her there

In case of a nuclear exchange, we are going to need all the troops back home to defend what is left from both enemies foreign and domestic. It is the only logical choice.
There will be nothing left to defend.

There are some fools out there that think a nuclear exchange is manageable. It will only lead to escalation. And that will be the end of it all.

I lived through the cold war, and we had the four minute warning. I do remember the occasion when it was accidentally set of. It was a very odd feeling. Expecting the end to arrive at any moment.

North Korea will not fire a nuke at anyone. They know they will lose. So no point it it. They want the capability so that if anyone does try to nuke them, they can take a few choice enemies out before they are obliterated. And who could blame them ? Isn't that the very essence of MAD.

There will be nothing left to defend.
Quite a blanket statement there, HAL. A quick Google search returns plenty of hits that contradict your analysis about the results of nuclear war. Plenty of survivors and even a continuity of government (COG) in place for such a scenario.

..A quick Google search returns plenty of hits that contradict your analysis about the results of nuclear war...

The evidence of two very small bombs delivered by very slow planes is all the evidence you need.
Fast forward to today's ICBM.

Death will come unannounced out of a clear blue sky.

..A quick Google search returns plenty of hits that contradict your analysis about the results of nuclear war...

The evidence of two very small bombs delivered by very slow planes is all the evidence you need.
Fast forward to today's ICBM.

Death will come unannounced out of a clear blue sky.
That makes sense.
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

The U.S. backs down and prevents Navy vessels from entering the Black Sea in order to de-escalate tensions in the region.