Webwide.io - A New Site for Developers

LETA

4☆babbler
Staff
A :s101: site for developers and makers that is truly awesome just launched a few days ago. If you are into backend, frontend, and everything in between stuff, then Webwide is the site for you. Go check it out and join! :s56:WebWide.io

Reactions: Aurora and Fish
Wow, very cool, my web skills are pretty humble as you no doubt have seen on my crappy littler website.
Looks like a good resource. I would still like to try and finish that UFO reporting website I started. Got stuck on how to approach a live database?

Love this lol Only in America

US Supreme Court hands victory to blind man who sued Domino’s over site accessibility
Ah, planning on giving MUFON a run for its money, eh? :LOL:
Don't forget to post a link back to your site so we can visit.

Reactions: Aurora
I sort of got it working, I got a developers license from google and was able to manually on a dummy website hanging off my real one get little UFO Icons at whatever lat and long I wanted. Worked nice. But the next step is to get a web based database and a secure interface so people can pinpoint a sighting, with basic data etc. Once it was vetted for spam it gets uploaded to the main website out of holding.
The idea was to have an opt in mailing list. So I would tag certain areas of interest against an email address. If someone uploads a sighting in my areas of interest I get an email as soon as they hit save. Notifications in subject heading only to reduce virus risk. Then the person checks the website to see where the ufo is.

I can do the tecky stuff, but have never done anything in php or that accesses a database online.
Sooo I put it on hold :)

I sort of got it working, I got a developers license from google and was able to manually on a dummy website hanging off my real one get little UFO Icons at whatever lat and long I wanted. Worked nice. But the next step is to get a web based database and a secure interface so people can pinpoint a sighting, with basic data etc. Once it was vetted for spam it gets uploaded to the main website out of holding.
The idea was to have an opt in mailing list. So I would tag certain areas of interest against an email address. If someone uploads a sighting in my areas of interest I get an email as soon as they hit save. Notifications in subject heading only to reduce virus risk. Then the person checks the website to see where the ufo is.

I can do the tecky stuff, but have never done anything in php or that accesses a database online.
Sooo I put it on hold :)
TTSA is either developing or already has an app similar to wut you are working on: SCOUT

No! Yours might end-up being more popular and successful. Go forward with it!
Yeah I would, but a bit stuck with the php database but. I could do it if I tried.
Might have another shot, I dod like the click on the lionk and see my little ufo icons appear on goggle maps, that was cool.

I think I have broken my 'Like' button on this thread. I am imagining that Dundee can potentially send a news team out to those areas.

• Haha
Reactions: LETA and Dundee