What got you interested in UFO's

D

Dundee

I was thinking about al the years I have had an interest in UFO's
I am a bit of a dinassur so my interest started back in the late 60s God I am Old lol

What truly sparked my interest in Aliens was Dr Who, I remember in the late 60s watching on an old black and white TV Patric Troughton, I think the show after it was called the Kings Outlaw.
Then I would go outside and make Daleks out of cardboard boxes with a bucket for a head.

I saw a UFO when I was little with my dad.
I remember Professor Julius Sumner Miller with "Why is it so"
I was only young but he used to amaze me how he could drop a ping pong ball on a table and then fill a blackboard with calculations and turn a bounce to an absolute wonder of science,
I wish I could have met him,

What started your interest in UFO's

Reactions: Nabix and LETA
I would say that Independence Day opened my eyes. I think there are things in space that the greatest scientific minds here on earth can not detect.

I would say that Independence Day opened my eyes. I think there are things in space that the greatest scientific minds here on earth can not detect.
Yes, I think you are right on that one. I love science, I am not so good at it but it is one of my interests.
But I look at history and the arrogance of science over the centuries.
In each era, science claims to have the definitive answers, yet time passes and more often than not the old facts are proved to be nonsense and new facts emerge. Then the scientists of the day say, hey they were wrong... but here is the correct answer.
Only to be proved wrong again in a decade or few.
Rinse and repeat,

They say truth is stranger than fiction.
Who knows, maybe Independence day is just around the corner.
Only that weak ass piss ant Trump would hide in a hole and send the rest of his citizens to die in his place.

Reactions: Aurora
Dundee have you wondered if the earth was alive? What if the earth, exoplanets and any world habitable by any life was alive and all of the those that are not are dormant?

It is funny you should say that. I have over the years looked at so many different spiritual groups, so many different religions, loved science although I am not very good at it really. I have read the Holographic Universe. Looked at different interpretations of the nature of reality. I read somewhere that a newborns brain activity when looking at the world is not unlike someone on an ACID trip. Animals vision and senses and reality see the world in a different way. I once respectfully asked my (at the time) spiritual guru, a lovely little Indian lady why her truth is truer than other religions spiritual leaders. She said it is not, and told me to take what makes sense to me from her teachings and all teachings.

The overwhelming feeling I get is one of inclusion not exclusion. I think everything is connected and part of a collective conciseness that is reality. Who is to say the earth is not alive and has some sort of conciseness at some level.

I think when we die we go back to the collective consciousness and see reality as it is. Or as much as we are permitted to see.
When we are reborn, all that for the most part gets masked. And we only percieve the world we are in by the capabilities of the vessle. Our body and senses,

I just think its ignorant not to believe there is another life for out there. We are not that special to be the only ones here. There are billions+ of galaxies which we cannot explore and may never know what can be found there.

Reactions: Dundee
Yes history certainly seems to shut down humanities visions of self importance. No reason to think this is any different now.

The 2015 Roswell Slides screw up in Mexico in 2015 is where it all started for me.

• Wow
The 2015 Roswell Slides screw up in Mexico in 2015 is where it all started for me.
So the faked photoes inspired you to look for real evidence. Well they performed a service then. I don't know why people fake photoes like that. I mean a couple of kids having fun, OK fair enough. But why would so called serious UFO researchers do that knowing the damage it does.

So the faked photoes inspired you to look for real evidence. Well they performed a service then. I don't know why people fake photoes like that. I mean a couple of kids having fun, OK fair enough. But why would so called serious UFO researchers do that knowing the damage it does.

One of the so called researchers involved in that fiasco was Jamie Maussan......He stands out because he swore that the child mummy was an alien being...I think to this day Maussan still makes that claim.....If I am not mistaken he also put a $5000 reward to some one who could say (prove) that it was alien or something like that.

The slides came into being by one Adam Dew in 1995....Bernard and Hilda Ray (original owners) came about them in the 1960's I think...I do not recall exactly how Dew got his hands on them...The Roswell Dream Team of Schmitt and Carey along with Anthony Bragalia were also part of that disaster.

That group of Schmitt, Carey, Bragalia and Maussan were part of a group calling itself the Roswell Slides Research Group.

Was any research done as to the origin of the photo? I am certainly not saying it was an ET, but if it is a study of a mummified child found in a tomb somewhere I am betting the photo appears in a book or someones research notes somewhere.
It is like the Tutankhamen photos, you could not use one of them for a fake story without someone knowing the book or collection you copied it from.

Did the de-bunkers at the time come up with that?

Was any research done as to the origin of the photo? I am certainly not saying it was an ET, but if it is a study of a mummified child found in a tomb somewhere I am betting the photo appears in a book or someones research notes somewhere.
It is like the Tutankhamen photos, you could not use one of them for a fake story without someone knowing the book or collection you copied it from.

Did the de-bunkers at the time come up with that?

The child mummy was determined as far as I can recall from memory was that of an infant found in Thebes Egypt in 1856....It was transferred to the Wistar Museum in Philadelphia in 1860...It was then sent to the Smithsonian in 1956....Oh there is a photo of the mummy:

Roswell-Alien-Slide-2.jpg

You will notice the placard to the right...This is the second image that Maussan posted to his Twitter account at the time...Below is the deblurred image of the same:

Nippa-Roswell-Slides-Image.jpg

There is a more in depth article where these images came from at the link below:

The slides themselves were found in a house in Sedona Arizona that was about to be demolished...The original owners were Bernard and Hilda Ray....I did find that Dew acquired them in 1990 not 1995...Dew ran SlideBox Media at the time and I am not even sure it still exists....And if I remember I don't think even Dew own them....

This was a long drawn out disaster...I mention Maussan and Bragalia, there were not part of the Roswell Dream Team that was only Schmitt and Carey....If you go to Kevin Randles blog there is a lot more on this as well as thousands of links on Google...Just Google Roswell Slides Mexico 2015....But I will try to answer anymore questions if you have them.

So why did/does? Jamie Maussan still insist they are Alien remain when the source has been so easily identified as you have shown above.
What was his argument, he must be drawing a pretty long bow if he is still sicking to his belief!

So why did/does? Jamie Maussan still insist they are Alien remain when the source has been so easily identified as you have shown above.
What was his argument, he must be drawing a pretty long bow if he is still sicking to his belief!

Got no idea...Have not read or seen anything in years from Maussan on this....In the months following this fiasco there was a lot of back and forth between numerous people involved and some that were not involved....It was just another travesty...That and given Maussan's track record I would not believe anything he says or writes....And the fact that the mummy was proven to be of human origin even back in 2015 lends no credibility to his argument that it was an alien....

He has been the promoter of various UFO hoaxes over the years...His most famous was probably the Reed UFO Fraud..

It was not just Maussan...Schmitt and Carey caught hell from the UFO community for not seeing their little alien was a mummy in a museum! Below is another article; it's long and drawn out but I think it will shed some light on a few things:

They called this fiasco in Mexico City "BeWitness"...Folks paid between $20 and $80 for it....There are some U Tube videos but unless you can speak Spanish they are not much help....Maussan even launched a sequel in October of 2015 being invited by MUFON to speak at a symposium which made a lot of people mad that MUFON had even invited him...Below is an article from Curt Collins:

Stand up at what? Hoaxes, Scams? No doubt he is most likely a good guy not questioning that..He's just did some underhanded shit in the field of (pseudoscience) ufology that should make anyone interested in it cast some doubt on what he says.