Will we ever see outer beings in person in the near future?

I can see some problens with that scenario in that just because they (some govt) might have some 'alien tech secrets' they might not undertsand it well enough to utilize it , and why use it at all until you truly need to....the US is pretty much in control of western situations so I don't see them using it unless thay had to. Just my 2 cents.

I can't see what there would be that would be classed as a 'last resort'.

With this kind of power there is nothing anyone can do against you. And they would know it.
It would enable, in the hands of a benign government, the whole economy of the world to be changed from it's present rather messy situation to,one where everyone could have a good standard of living. Provided, of course, that you sorted out the overpopulation problem what will eventually kill us all.

(Not me, I will be long gone by then) .
You dont believe in rebirth then? (long gone comment)
You might be bac here for another go in a new shell.
Thats what I beleive anyway

You dont believe in rebirth then? (long gone comment)
You might be bac here for another go in a new shell.
Thats what I beleive anyway
I don't believe in it as such. (but have no way of knowing), but the big question to me is, if you are reborn, what is the point if you don't have a memory of your last life. You will not have learnt anything that will be useful in the new life. Maybe it is all just a re-run, and we cycle back to go through it all again. Just as it is now.

If we were characters in some cosmic computer game , then that would fit.

I do think in time we will have open contact from ET in some form. We have only had 'technology' and 'moden era' for about 100-120 years. We still have a long way to go. Maybe in 2120 they will visit openly..but sadly those of us now will be long gone.