Will we ever see outer beings in person in the near future?

P

PeteNY

I'm not big into the alien research and all that stuff. That doesn't meant that it doesn't cross my mind from time and time. When it does there's two things I always think about. One is if I'll ever get to see one before I kick the bucket and two what the hell would they look like? I keep thinking of them looking like Mac from the movie Mac and Me lol.

011.jpg
Mac2.jpg

Very unlikely we will ever see any ET.
I'm a strong believe in never say never but with this case I have to agree with you. I just don't see it happening and who knows. They could be living amongst us visiting and leaving constantly.

PeteNY,

You could be right. But I doubt it. We humans are very observant beings. The slightest thing out of place and someone notices. The car that seems to have followed you through a unusual route etc. I reason that he coming and going of any alien being would have been noticed.

Or maybe it has .

I see this aspect differently in that if advanced beings were visitng us we would probably not be aware of it and they would remain covert. They would likely have stealth technology or someway to not be seen.
It has always bothered me that ufos are seen all the time over the years. If it is aliens then they obviously are not concerned about remaining hidden yet they don't reveal themselves to the world at large. So what is their game? It is a bit perplexing to me and not logical. Are they acclimating themselves to us? How long do they think they need to do this since it's been at least since late 1940's.
So...what's wrong with this picture?
Perhaps something else is going on which is why I have gravitated to Dr Vallee's ideas of possible 'dimensional' entities or even something stranger. And the word dimensional can mean many things....depending on how one wants to use it. He postulates the idea that these entities have been with mankind a very long time and might be connected to us in some fundamental manner we as yet don't understand.

Reactions: Area201
I would say mostly likely they look like humans, or at least one faction. If I meet any type I'll be sure to let you guys know.

There is a piece in Ian M Banks book 'The Hydrogen Sonata' that has an interesting take on this.

Is it permissible to post it here as long as I attribute the author ?

I wouldn't be surprised. There is so much going on in the background that our governments doesn't want us to know and ET is one of them.
But is there ?

Or is it just something we have come to believe and something that the government find it useful to have us believe ?
It is beneficial to a countries security for everyone else to believe it may have some super weapon that might be unleashed on them should they make an aggressive move. You don't need to actually have the weapon. Just make sure the opposition don't find out if you haven't.
The possession of Alien artifacts would come into that category.

But is there ?

Or is it just something we have come to believe and something that the government find it useful to have us believe ?
It is beneficial to a countries security for everyone else to believe it may have some super weapon that might be unleashed on them should they make an aggressive move. You don't need to actually have the weapon. Just make sure the opposition don't find out if you haven't.
It would be an excellent way to keep other countries off balance.

There is a piece in Ian M Banks book 'The Hydrogen Sonata' that has an interesting take on this.

Is it permissible to post it here as long as I attribute the author ?
You know I'm a fan of his work,,,please post it...as long as one credits it .(y)

Wu,

As you have the book.

It's on page 274. At least on my hardback copy.

I post an exerpt anyway. May take a while as it's half a page.

It's the Simming Problem.

Reactions: Dr Wu
In Iain M Banks book 'The Hydrogen Sonata' The culture are considering 'the Simming Problem'.

The Culture are capable of creating simulation civilisation consisting, rather like the World of Warcraft' game, but much more detailed. They use these simulations to game out possible scenarios.
The thing is, the sims are very detailed. To the extent that the characters in them believer they are real.
This presents a moral problem for the Culture. What to do when the simulation is no longer required.

The reasoning goes like this.

...Some Civs, admittedly, weren't having any of this. And routinely bred whole worlds, even whole galaxies , full of living beings which they blithely consigned to oblivion the instant they were done with them, sometimes, it seemed, just for the glorious fun of it, and to annoy their more angst-tangled co-civilisationists, but they-or at least those who admitted to the practice rather than doing it and keeping quiet about it-were in a tiny minority, as well as not being entirely welcome at the highest tables of the galactic community, which was usually precisely where the most ambitious and ruthless species/covs most desired to be.
Others reconned that as long as the termination was instant, with no warning and therefore no chance that those about to be switched off could suffer, then it didn't really matter. The Wretches hadn't existed, they'd been brought existence into for a specific , contributory, purpose, and now they were nothing again, so what ?
Most people though , were uncomfortable with such moral brusqueness., and took their responsibilities in the matter more seriously,. They either avoided creating virtual civilisations of genuinely living beings, or only used sims of that sophistication level of detail on a sustainable basis, knowing from the start that they would be leaving them running indefinitely, with no intention of turning the environment and its inhabitants off at any point.
Whether these simulated beings were really really alive, and how justified it was to create entire populations of virtual creatures just for your own convenience under any circumstances,and whether or not-if/once you had done so- you were sort of duty bound to be honest with your creations at some point and straight out tell them that they weren't really real, and existed only at the whim of another order of beings altogether-one with it's metaphorical finger hovering over the on/off switch capable of utterly and instantly obliterating their universe ... well, those were matters which by general and relieved consent were best left to philosophers.

The Hydrogen Sonata ; Iain M Banks.

So, the thing is. Are we part of some simulation ?

Would this account for us sometimes having the feeling that there is 'more to it' than we actually see ?

Discuss.

HAL.

I'l have to re read that book...what a great writer he was.
We certainly could be a simulation if we are wiling to speculate on the possibility that such a thing can be done via technology as Banks did in that novel. It could explain our feeling that there is more to Reality and If that's the case ,how would we ever figure that out?

But is there ?

That's a possibility too but knowing how governments are in general I wouldn't be surprised that they're keep many secrets from us. I'm not much into conspiracy theories but certain things I do question.

What about the thousands of sightings over the years, some even going back (arguably) hundreds and thousands of years. What about the cases investigated by the likes of Bluebook that fit in the unexplained category.
Are you all saying that you beleive 100% of these are preverbial swamp gas?

Some folks say if they are here, then why dont they show themselves, yet when a sighting hapens peple say no that was swamp gas.

Reactions: Area201
Not sure who that is aimed at.

But my contribution was about the possibility of governments possessing 'alien tech''. Or letting it be believed that they have.
I openly acknowledge , always have done, that I do believe there is 'something' going on. But do not accept that it is being done here.
As I have said on numerous occasions, if any World power had a fraction of the capabilities the ufo is claimed to have, then that power would instantly control the world. <there would be no defense against it.

But no power does. ipso facto, they do not 'have the power'.

Interesting. I have not thought about it that way. I can think of little defense for such a point. Perhaps if a country had such tech they may want to keep it secret as a last resort for political purposes. You have thrown me a curve ball on that one.

I can't see what there would be that would be classed as a 'last resort'.

With this kind of power there is nothing anyone can do against you. And they would know it.
It would enable, in the hands of a benign government, the whole economy of the world to be changed from it's present rather messy situation to,one where everyone could have a good standard of living. Provided, of course, that you sorted out the overpopulation problem what will eventually kill us all.

(Not me, I will be long gone by then) .