Working during Coronavirus pandemic

F

Fish

All around the world people lost their job due to covid. Myself also lost mine and became a Designer and Prepress Technician but with a shitty pay, i make those medical packaging like glove box and etc.

I was thinking of working in the Finance industry as a investment and insurance banker but then it will be like selling ice creams to the eskimos, since covid happened people all have money problem. Many banker also lost their jobs.

How is your life during this pandemic? And any ideas on how to survive in the finance industry during this pandemic?

I've been working at home during the pandemic. As a result my job isn't as varied as it normally is as I've got to work from emailed lists & finish 1 job off before starting another & lots of the jobs are very time-consuming. (I work in the arts/crafts, history & music side of heritage preservation.) Before lockdown I could work in the arts/crafts shop at work 1 day, do arts/crafts workshops another, help run the elderly people's group another day, (I did arts/crafts workshops with them, got them singing or had historical talks with them.) do archiving another day, do quilting another day & events planning another day. I also taught children about life in the 1940's & how to make Xmas decorations. I also vocally conducted 1920's & 1940's sing-alongs for 1920's & 1940's days at work. I also helped give a talk on creativity & helped the historians at work to teach people about Scottish history through songs by singing the songs for them. I'm also a crafter, painter, potter, weaver, knitter, embroiderer, historic researcher & report-writer & admin assistant at work. We've got a choir at work & I'm in it. I also do art history classes at work & I'm in the book club at work. (My job is constantly subject to change.) Since lockdown the work I've been set by my Manager & done has been:-

1. Plan a 1940's sing-along for V.E. Day (That was cancelled due to lockdown.)
  2. Knit a scarf.
  3. Knit a patchwork quilt.
  4. Make a patchwork quilt by cutting out paper hexagons, cutting out material hexagons, sewing them together then sewing the hexagons together.
  5. Do online archiving training.
  6. Do short online research tasks.
  7. Using all the resources I have at my disposal except my own head to write a report on the evolution of the horse from eohippus to equus przewalski & equus caballus & man's relationship with the horse through time.
I had other tasks to do but since then I've been told that all being well I'll be the Vera Lynn tribute act for an event later this year & I'll be teaching children how to make Xmas decorations at the Xmas Fair & being the Victorian Carol-singer at the Dickensian Xmas fair virus & restriction permitting so I've taken time off the other tasks to plan & prepare for the Vera Lynn tribute.

Reactions: Fish
I've been working at home during the pandemic. As a result my job isn't as varied as it normally is as I've got to work from emailed lists & finish 1 job off before starting another & lots of the jobs are very time-consuming. (I work in the arts/crafts, history & music side of heritage preservation.) Before lockdown I could work in the arts/crafts shop at work 1 day, do arts/crafts workshops another, help run the elderly people's group another day, (I did arts/crafts workshops with them, got them singing or had historical talks with them.) do archiving another day, do quilting another day & events planning another day. I also taught children about life in the 1940's & how to make Xmas decorations. I also vocally conducted 1920's & 1940's sing-alongs for 1920's & 1940's days at work. I also helped give a talk on creativity & helped the historians at work to teach people about Scottish history through songs by singing the songs for them. I'm also a crafter, painter, potter, weaver, knitter, embroiderer, historic researcher & report-writer & admin assistant at work. We've got a choir at work & I'm in it. I also do art history classes at work & I'm in the book club at work. (My job is constantly subject to change.) Since lockdown the work I've been set by my Manager & done has been:-

1. Plan a 1940's sing-along for V.E. Day (That was cancelled due to lockdown.)
  2. Knit a scarf.
  3. Knit a patchwork quilt.
  4. Make a patchwork quilt by cutting out paper hexagons, cutting out material hexagons, sewing them together then sewing the hexagons together.
  5. Do online archiving training.
  6. Do short online research tasks.
  7. Using all the resources I have at my disposal except my own head to write a report on the evolution of the horse from eohippus to equus przewalski & equus caballus & man's relationship with the horse through time.
I had other tasks to do but since then I've been told that all being well I'll be the Vera Lynn tribute act for an event later this year & I'll be teaching children how to make Xmas decorations at the Xmas Fair & being the Victorian Carol-singer at the Dickensian Xmas fair virus & restriction permitting so I've taken time off the other tasks to plan & prepare for the Vera Lynn tribute.
I also did some glass painting & ceramic painting for work as part of my work-tasks during lockdown.

Reactions: Fish