Soothsaying the next Catastrophe

I often think that it is a good idea to shake people up gobally once and a while to make sure they don't get complacent and unprepared. Also to appreciate what they have and the jobs they have. It is as though the world is becoming too lax, making up nonesense laws that don't need to exist.

I am a cleaner contractor as well as a handy man. Some people are amused to see me cleaning places, but the money is good, sometimes $70 per hour. But these people are empty headed individuals, I would not want to go to their house if they detest cleaners and cleaning. Now it as though they appreciate me, plus I am getting heaps more work from all this world crap going on.

Luckily for me I have a very strong immune system and rarely get sick. Last time I got sick was from paint (only like 12 hours) because of the paint fumes that I am allergic too.

Anyways, people may have a change of heart and views of themselves, others, and the world around them, maybe being more appreciative of everything because of the shake up.

People can be assholes. Bloody snobbery. I used to work in Telecommunications here in OZ as a tech.
We had a cleaner there names Kamal Buteros. This was 40 years ago so he would be long dead now I expect.
Anyway most of my work mates either treated him like shit or just ignored him.
I got along great with him, hell of a nice guy. Often used to sit and have lunch with him and listen to his stories.
He was a soldier when he was young and fought in the 6 day war I think it was along with a lot of other conflicts.
I thought it a privileged that he would share all the stories he did about growing up there.
He even tried to teach me some Egyptian but I was a crap student.
Really enjoyed hanging out with him.
No one there but me new of his past, it alwasy pissed me off that these sheltered pussy Melbourne girly men
all looked down there noses at him, yet he had done more and seen more things in his life than they ever would.
I never judge a book by its cover. Some of the most poorly educated people I have met have been also the smartest people I have met.
And some of the most well educated people I have met have been just plain brainless.
We all have an equal place in this world.

Reactions: The humanitarian
People can be assholes. Bloody snobbery. I used to work in Telecommunications here in OZ as a tech.
We had a cleaner there names Kamal Buteros. This was 40 years ago so he would be long dead now I expect.
Anyway most of my work mates either treated him like shit or just ignored him.
I got along great with him, hell of a nice guy. Often used to sit and have lunch with him and listen to his stories.
He was a soldier when he was young and fought in the 6 day war I think it was along with a lot of other conflicts.
I thought it a privileged that he would share all the stories he did about growing up there.
He even tried to teach me some Egyptian but I was a crap student.
Really enjoyed hanging out with him.
No one there but me new of his past, it alwasy pissed me off that these sheltered pussy Melbourne girly men
all looked down there noses at him, yet he had done more and seen more things in his life than they ever would.
I never judge a book by its cover. Some of the most poorly educated people I have met have been also the smartest people I have met.
And some of the most well educated people I have met have been just plain brainless.
We all have an equal place in this world.
It is all about common sense and intuition, something lacking. Allot of people prefer the text book version, anything outside of it is wrong or not worth thinking about, sounds like Jehovah's Witnesses really, I was one at some stage.

It is all about common sense and intuition, something lacking. Allot of people prefer the text book version, anything outside of it is wrong or not worth thinking about, sounds like Jehovah's Witnesses really, I was one at some stage.
Jehova :)
I am a monty python man through and through.
One day they knocked on my door and after listening to them for a bit I asked what religion they were, when they said they were Jehovah's,
I instantly replied, "All I said was that piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah" Then I started hopping about like an idiot saying, Jehovah Jehovah"
I thought it was hilarious, the main bloke grinned but his older mate standing behind him was clearly not amused.

Reactions: The humanitarian
Jehova :)
I am a monty python man through and through.
One day they knocked on my door and after listening to them for a bit I asked what religion they were, when they said they were Jehovah's,
I instantly replied, "All I said was that piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah" Then I started hopping about like an idiot saying, Jehovah Jehovah"
I thought it was hilarious, the main bloke grinned but his older mate standing behind him was clearly not amused.

I like mony Python too. Life of brian was an all time hitter. I still believe in God though and other supernatural beings out there. Maybe I should make a thread on some hectic encounters with the 'en-tities'.

Reactions: Dundee
The COVID-19 virus shows just how well the entire world is unprepared for any major pandemic or anything else...

The COVID-19 virus shows just how well the entire world is unprepared for any major pandemic or anything else...
How do you prepare for this?
I guess more medical supplies, masks etc in reserve.
The problem is if you prepare for it with no pandemic in front of you, then the pollys will lose votes for wasting money.
But if you do it after they get nailed for being unprepared.
I am no fan of any polly but they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Some countries were slow to react and their citizens paid the price,
Other countries reacted quickly and the impact was lessened.
It is a tough call.
Here in Australia we still have dick heads complaining about being locked down, and going out when told not too.
Action that works has a price, and that is a temporary loss of liberty,
It has to be done yet people still complain.