Getting to know you...

Had to post this....;)

I am smiling, tapping my foot and having fond memories of being little watching movies with mum and dad. Hard not to like this.
Thanks Doc :)
sway, tap, sway, tap, sway, tap, sway, tap, sway, tap, smile :)

Unless they didn't like my questions. ;0)

I think it's time I answered my questions.

1. Folk, country, reggae, soul, Motown, some rock, pop, jazz & classical.
2. Classics, some romance & saga, history, biographies, poetry & nature.
3. Not for an animal lover. Horses & ponies.
4. Not at the moment but we've kept lots of different animals as pets & had dogs for many years.
5. Yellow is my favourite normal colour but gold is my favourite colour altogether.
6. My favourite song changes a lot. As bagpipes are my favourite instrument when I'm not visiting Scotland Mull of Kintyre is my favourite song. When I'm visiting Scotland I'd say My Love is like a red, red rose.
7. Ann Williamson is my favourite singer altogether. My favourite non-Scottish singer is Celine Dion.
8. Villette is my favourite fiction book. My favourite non-fiction book is The Age of the Horse.
9. My favourite author is Charlotte Bronte. My favourite poet is Wordsworth.
10. My favourite place is Scotland.
Wow nice selection, didn't pick you for a Reggae girl.
Got a bit of Rastafarian going on there ;)
It is always the quiet ones :)

One for Dr Wu.

I'm a fan of him...I have that lp as well as several others he did...thanks.
(y)
btw..my father in law passed away a few years ago...but he and my brother in law (also dead now) used to make 'shine' in their garage in the country about an hours drive south of where we live.
I still have a small jar left in my fridge,
:smile:

Only distilling I do is to recover the methanol from my bio Diesel. And haven't done that for months.

Only distilling I do is to recover the methanol from my bio Diesel. And haven't done that for months.
I'm a city boy, born in urban area, but my mother in law married a guy from southern Indiana who was from the Ohio river area and he was a 'good ole boy'. He came north to work in the factories and met her. My wife and I grew up just south of Chicago in northwest Indiana. After they retired in 2000 they moved to a small town south of us in the countryside...and for a short while he made some white lightning. Sadly he passed on several years ago and my mother in law died recently about a month ago.
We are all getting old.

1. Heavy Metal, Old school Electric like Tangerine Dream
2. Sci Fi/Fantasy
3. Dogs
4. Dog (Floyd), Cat (Sheryl), 5 Goldfish (Bob, Spot, Tiny, Eric and Graham)
5. Black
6. Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb
7. Robert Plant
8. LOTR
9. Banjo Patterson
10. Anywhere there is an Ocean
Our family had dogs before they had me. I come from a dog family. We've had dogs most of my life. I had a cat once & 5 goldfish. I like coastal resorts but I also love the Highlands of Scotland, The Lake District & places with lovely architecture, art galleries, museums, historical monuments & castles.

4 days later and not many responses..I guess no one really wants to know anyone better.... :LOL:
I'll give it a go:
1. What genres of music do you like?
Progressive rock (King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, ..) is my favorite but also like Jazz (Coltrane, Davis, Corea..) and some classical(Bach, Mozart, Vaughn-Williams,..).
2. What genres of books do you like?
Fiction that has a weird edge to it (sci-fi, surreal tales, occult,etc..)...also non fiction if it's about interesting people or topics.
3. What is your favourite animal?
Bit of an odd question...not sure about that one. Bigfoot..?
4. Do you have any pets?
My wife and I did own cats for many years..not anymore..too much work at our age.
5. What is your favourite colour?
Earthtones in general..no specific favorite.
6. What is your favourite song?
Too many to pick one...big Beatles fan but again prog rock is my favorite area.
7. Who is your favourite singer?
Too many to pick one...from Frank Sinatra to Robert Plant...and many in between
8. What is your favourite book?
Too many to pick just one but an early fiction favorite when I was young was 'The Magus' by John Fowles and non fiction was 'The Occult' by Colin Wilson
9. Who is your favourite author/poet?
No favorite poet..never really thought about that and I have only read a few famous ones over the years.
Many authors I like; the last few years it has been Ian Banks.
10. Where is your favourite place?
Tempted to say at home...I like the small Indiana town we live in, but if I had money to live anywhere it would probably be somewhere in the countryside in England or the Napa wine valley north of San Francisco again in the country.
I like Genesis. I'm a big Beatles fan too.

So what 'folk' artists are you into? I'm a fan of Brit folk like Fairport Convention, Steeleye Span, Nick Drake, etc..
Bagpipes..? I never heard anyone say that was their favorite instrument... very unique.
Ann Williamson...I 'll have to look her up.
Villette...never read any Bronte..but that one sounds interesting from the synopsis I saw.
Do you live in Scotland or England and where abouts..?
I like Bob Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel & Ralph McTell. I'm also a fan of British & Irish folk. I like Fairport Convention & Steeleye Span. I also like Andy Stewart, Andy M. Stewart, The Alexander Brothers, Ann Williamson, Jim McLeod, the Corries & the Dubliners. Technically speaking some of these singers are trad. Scots/Irish singers but some people class them as folk singers. Some of these singers also sing gospel & country songs.

Although I was born & brought up in England & lived there all my life, genealogically I'm mostly Scots/Irish & my Great-Grandma was a Scot. I've always loved the sound of bagpipes. I feel like I fit in more in Scotland than I do at home.

I'll share some songs sung by Ann Williamson here.

Although Jane Eyre is Charlotte Bronte's most popular book, I prefer Villette. I think it's very good.

I like in Yorkshire, England. I wish I lived where most of my ancestors lived until the struggles of Argyll hit them hard though.

Wow nice selection, didn't pick you for a Reggae girl.
Got a bit of Rastafarian going on there ;)
It is always the quiet ones :)
Thank you very much. I forgot to mention I like skiffle.

I learnt about Reggae in music in High School. 1 of the 1st times I had to learn to song-write I had to learn about Reggae & how to write a Reggae song. They're all about lack of jobs & money or protest songs. I love protest songs. They're a way of expressing disagreement with what's going on in the world without violence. My favourite Dylan songs are his protest songs. I 1st learnt about Bob Dylan in Middle School choir where I learnt "Blowing in the Wind" & "The times they are a-changin'" & what they meant. I loved them ever since. I also loved Bob Dylan since then. I like the Scots/Irish protest song "Willie McBride". How can you listen to Bob Marley & not like him. ;0)

I like in Yorkshire, England. I wish I lived where most of my ancestors lived until the struggles of Argyll hit them hard though.
My wife and I watch 'Escape To The Country' where British realtors take city folk to buy homes in the English countryside....they visit all the various counties from Yorkshire to Cornwall...I have always wanted to visit England but family and other things got in the way...now at 70 yrs old I'm a bit leery about traveling that far due to health issues.
If I were a millionare I would buy a cottage in one of those charming villages as a vacation home and spend summers there.
Some of those areas are simply gorgeous.

You need to be a millionaire to live in these places. The Housing prices are astronomical.

My wife and I watch 'Escape To The Country' where British realtors take city folk to buy homes in the English countryside....they visit all the various counties from Yorkshire to Cornwall...I have always wanted to visit England but family and other things got in the way...now at 70 yrs old I'm a bit leery about traveling that far due to health issues.
If I were a millionare I would buy a cottage in one of those charming villages as a vacation home and spend summers there.
Some of those areas are simply gorgeous.
I'm very sorry. I meant to say I live in Yorkshire..

Dad used to watch that. There are some nice parts of England. I don't live on the Yorks. coast or in the Yorks. Dales or the N. Yorks Moors area. I live in a city area. It's not so scenic but it's good for shopping.

If I were a millionaire, I'd buy a house in Dunoon where most of my ancestors lived.

My wife has sisters who live at opposite sides of the country. One on the East Coast (Bridlington) ond one on the West Coast (Southport). We are almost exactly half way between them.

My wife has sisters who live at opposite sides of the country. One on the East Coast (Bridlington) ond one on the West Coast (Southport). We are almost exactly half way between them.
I've been to Brid many times & Southport a couple of times. They're nice places.

This thread is about us getting to know each other better & hopefully having a bit of fun too. I'm setting some questions to make it easier.

1. What genres of music do you like?
2. What genres of books do you like?
3. What is your favourite animal?
4. Do you have any pets?
5. What is your favourite colour?
6. What is your favourite song?
7. Who is your favourite singer?
8. What is your favourite book?
9. Who is your favourite author/poet?
10. Where is your favourite place?

I'll answer mine later when other people have had a chance to answer the questions. Enjoy!

Hard to answer most questions, i myself don't know, there are a lot of nice things out there and i just like what is nice or is useful.

4. Yes, fish, plants & a dog (my mother's pet)

5. Used to be Purple when i was a kid, then it was Black when i was a teenager, later since around 20 years old till now i like Orange.

But if u really want to know me, the stuff i always take to work is a mini measuring tape, Pendrive, Earphone and some make up in my sling bag.