My Tunes, Your Tunes - The Music Thread.

What kind of fucked up god, or universe would do this.

From the master of reality

syd-barrett-2.jpg

to an obscure anonymous death

Syd-BArrett-768x654.jpg

This world is messed up.

Such a loss to the Universe. Maybe in the next lifr Syd
But why not this one.
WHY?

Never heard that Floyd track before...apparently only played once at a live gig in Copenhagen, Sep 1967, and not put on any official lp.

"One in a Million"[edit]​

"One in a Million" (also known by the titles "Rush in a Million",[16] "Once in a Million", "Rust in a Million", and "Brush Your Window"),[16] is a song performed by the Barrett-era Pink Floyd in 1967.[17] Pink Floyd performed the song at a concert in Copenhagen, Denmark, on 13 September 1967.[17][16][18] The discrepancies in the title stem from Roger Waters' misheard stage announcement on the poor audience recording of the show. It was sung by Waters.

There is a couple of old ones from then that they never really played again. Barret was a genius

I have his 2 solo lp's on cd....I would buy them on original vinyl if I came across them in a shop....but they go for some money these days. I saw Madcap some years back but didn't buy it since I had the cd.
I do like his early whimsical psych pop...but at times he was a bit too whimsical for me. But it's a shame he destroyed himself with acid. It would have been very interesting to see how Floyd would have developed if he had led the band instead of Waters and Gilmour.

As much as I think Syd was a legend . His full on psychedelic approach had a shelf life. I don't think he could have taken them the way David Gilmore did. Gilmore and Waters creative genius made them. It's like the fight over comfortabley Numb. It would be nothing without Gilmores guitar. So the song should stay with the band

"I can't access information coming down the satellite beam
It's all just psychobabble and I don't know what it means."

Here you go, Dundee. It's long, may need to open a beer or two.
Leta, some clever blondes in there also.

Used to play this lp all the time....all of their lp's are good...but this one was magical.