Poems and Stuff

You have been going on about banging your doctor friend for weeks in intamate details and your worried about a taste full boob shot of madonna?
Two standards here.
Not me, respect the kids who are here or watching this forum.

Redicullous. I repect Letas right to follow whatever the forum dictates.
Every kid has seen their mum or sisters half dressed. However the smut and sex talk you have been posting about how many sex partners your doctir friend has had and his obvious loose morals is 1000x worse tgan a tastefull picture of a womans body. You have talked about financial transactions for sexual commitment. And the kids ykue referred to can read all of that. And your worried about a boob shot! Hypocritical

Hey @Horsa Can you by chance reccomend a couple of good, old British gothic tales?
I don't get a lot of time nowdays to read a real book, but spend a lot of time in the work car.
I have been enjoying some of the old stuff as they are past copywrite issues and appear free as audio books on librevox.

Stuff I have been listening too and enjoyed so far....

Two years before the mast, by Richard Henry Dana 1834
The Caspac series Edgar Rice Burrows 1918
The Original versions od Dracula and Frankenstein.
The castle of the Carpathians, Verne 1892
An Antarctic Mystery Verne 1897
This one I really enjoyed by the use of old language, even thought it was read by someone with a US accent :)
It is annoying listening to old english text with a US accent. Sort of like listening to Huck Finn with a Hindi accent.
I love Edgar Allan Poes poems.
Lots more...

So for me I love the old innocence and superstition with villiages frightened by looming castles, and scared by vampires and so on. Sea adventures like Moby Dick, 20,000 legues etc

Any suggestions? Hopefully old so I can find the audio books on librevox for listening while I drive.

Hey @Horsa Can you by chance reccomend a couple of good, old British gothic tales?
I don't get a lot of time nowdays to read a real book, but spend a lot of time in the work car.
I have been enjoying some of the old stuff as they are past copywrite issues and appear free as audio books on librevox.

Stuff I have been listening too and enjoyed so far....

Two years before the mast, by Richard Henry Dana 1834
The Caspac series Edgar Rice Burrows 1918
The Original versions od Dracula and Frankenstein.
The castle of the Carpathians, Verne 1892
An Antarctic Mystery Verne 1897
This one I really enjoyed by the use of old language, even thought it was read by someone with a US accent :)
It is annoying listening to old english text with a US accent. Sort of like listening to Huck Finn with a Hindi accent.
I love Edgar Allan Poes poems.
Lots more...

So for me I love the old innocence and superstition with villiages frightened by looming castles, and scared by vampires and so on. Sea adventures like Moby Dick, 20,000 legues etc

Any suggestions? Hopefully old so I can find the audio books on librevox for listening while I drive.
Hello Dundee!

I'm not really into old, British gothic tales. The nearest I can think of that I like is Jane Austen's "Northanger Abbey" but the horrific tales are all in the heroine's mind.

I like Jules Verne too but I prefer his "Around the world in 80 days" to his sci-fi novels.

If I want to read or hear old English texts I go for Canterbury Tales by Chaucer which is a book of all different poems which make up a story written in rhyme. I love poetry but normally go for Wordsworth, Blake, Burns, Browning & Taylor-Coleridge & the like though I also like the relatively modern poet Pam Ayres.

You're welcome. I'm very sorry I couldn't be of more use.

Picture of Dorian Grey by Wilde
Castle of Otranto by Walpole
The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
The Willows by Blackwood
Carmilla by Le Fanu
At The Mountains of Madness, Whisperer in Darkness, Shadow Out Of Time by HPLovecraft

Reactions: Horsa
Picture of Dorian Grey by Wilde
Castle of Otranto by Walpole
The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
The Willows by Blackwood
Carmilla by Le Fanu
At The Mountains of Madness, Whisperer in Darkness, Shadow Out Of Time by HPLovecraft
I like "Picture of Dorian Grey" but prefer some of Oscar Wilde's other works like "The importance of being Ernest" & "Lady Windermere's fan". I also like "The Moonstone".