Poems and Stuff

It's not a lot of text, half a page.

Meanwhile, I'll get my parchment pad and feather quill and do it the old school way.

• Haha
Reactions: Dundee
You may think I'm daft.
But, no good sitting here, lost in thought as time ticks by.
No, need to make a move, get in the groove, at least go mooch around
and stare morosely at the ground.
Wet wreckage of last summer's work.
I didn't shirk the graft.

The intent is good
So dig out weeds, remove some dead wood from the trees
and check the spuds.
But for some unknown reason the tatties didn't grow this season.
All were lost.

What else to do but sigh.

And wifey, well, she's bound to mock
my efforts. Will be nothing new to hear from her
'look, buy some rocks and sand, cement before you die
perhaps a fence two metre high; what say ?'

Grey concrete dear ? Not I.

So I don't reply.
Just grab the rake and smooth the earth,
And wonder if it's really worth the effort.
All for naught. This satisfaction bought with aches.
This losing game. Next year ? maybe just the same.

I'm getting old. And you see,

I know that in her simple way she's right,

Garden : HAL 2020

Thats really good HAL, I read it and re-read it and found myself picturing a small mub brick cottage with a thatched roor and a little front yard with a few flowers an old crosswire fence. There was a thick grove of trees across a grassy lane through a small broken front gate,. A wire fence withe the spuds and vegies to the right over a farm fence and a bent wiry old man raking. He was wearing an old hat so I could not see his face. I was aware of his wife but couldnt see her. D
ang.. who needs drugs.

My oldest brother is 75, with all the health issues you would expect of a man his age.
It seems so often that we think of words when someone has passed, and we think, why did I not say this to them when they were here, I hope my brother lives to be 150, but earlier this year I wrote him a poem and snuck it in his letterbox.

He is a Vietnam veteran, for those that have an interest, he was one of the lads who built thew Nui Dat camp that is so often quoted. Like most veterans he is quiet and modest. I love my brother Tom dearly, so I wrote him this poem.
It is not one of my best, but it is from my heart.

He rang me gruffly when he checked the mail :) Way out of his comfort zone, but he was touched by it i think.
It is called.

My Brother Tom

I know a bloke his name is Tom,
He is my oldest brother.
A guide, a friend, comedian,
He is just like no other.

He gets up every morning and,
puts on his wisest face.
He dons the many mantles that,
his place here must embrace.

A father, husband, brother mate,
So many people he must be.
But always keeping hidden,
The only one that’s he.

Behind the mask there is a boy,
With dreams and hopes and wonder.
But demands of life they keep him chained,
Silent tears, fall free like thunder.

But like you he has a secret mind,
That place within us all.
That’s full of dreams so long now past,
now fading from recall.

The life of men is very hard,
So much were told to be.
So many thing that we must do,
a pre-set destiny.

But I see you there my brother,
I know the path you walk.
I may not ever say it but,
But you’re always in my thoughts,

Life brings us so few heroes,
That help to guide our way.
A blessing from a wiser time,
To keep despair at bay.

So know you are my hero,
Though like you my words are few.
If I can be just one small part,
As great as all that’s you.

Love always Tom
I look up to you like I did Dad,
In many ways more.

Ray (mondo the Magnificent) 2020

(an old joke between us :) )

I've just written this poem. I hope you don't mind me sharing it. I don't want to take over your thread but I thought you might like it.

We go down life's highway singing & dancing to its song.
As we go we find out where we belong.
We have to bear our heavy load.
Every now & then there's a turn in the road.
Then we can opt to sing or dance to a different tune.
We can turn from the path & walk on the relaxing sand dune.
We can enjoy ourselves along the way.
We can do things to help us enjoy our day.
We can enjoy life to the full.
If we don't want to things can get dull.
Life is short & at some point we have to sing our swan-song.
That's when death comes & bangs its gong.

I've just written this poem. I hope you don't mind me sharing it. I don't want to take over your thread but I thought you might like it.

We go down life's highway singing & dancing to its song.
As we go we find out where we belong.
We have to bear our heavy load.
Every now & then there's a turn in the road.
Then we can opt to sing or dance to a different tune.
We can turn from the path & walk on the relaxing sand dune.
We can enjoy ourselves along the way.
We can do things to help us enjoy our day.
We can enjoy life to the full.
If we don't want to things can get dull.
Life is short & at some point we have to sing our swan-song.
That's when death comes & bangs its gong.
Thats very intraspective Horsa, nice.
Thanks for sharing :)

Thank you very much, Dundee. It just popped into my head.

You're welcome. :0)
I suspect that with all you have been through with your Dad, it is a little more than that. Beware the melancholy, it is a wonderfully comforting place for, getting drunk, feeling sad, and poetry. I am very familiar with this place. I live here sadly,
But I suspect you know that,
It is a beautiful poem, But the last two lines...
Be positive.
In my opinion, it means not that your gone, but you just arrived :)
I believe it completely, rebirth has so much evidence,
:)

I suspect that with all you have been through with your Dad, it is a little more than that. Beware the melancholy, it is a wonderfully comforting place for, getting drunk, feeling sad, and poetry. I am very familiar with this place. I live here sadly,
But I suspect you know that,
It is a beautiful poem, But the last two lines...
Be positive.
In my opinion, it means not that your gone, but you just arrived :)
I believe it completely, rebirth has so much evidence,
:)
Thank you very much. Our minds are very powerful instruments. The poem just sprung into my head without any conscious effort from me but just because the poem was a lot of automatic thoughts entering my head doesn't mean there was nothing going on below the surface. I've been quite happy on & off the last month or so but these thoughts do spring to the surface sometimes. I think it's because so much happened so quickly & although I've had chance to process these events & thought I'd processed everything & was ready to move on & I'd started to move on maybe I haven't moved on completely or because I've been so busy doing other things those other things temporarily shifted all those events from my mind.

I had to have an end. Since the poem was about life's journey it seemed unavoidable for the end to be anything but death.

Thank you very much. I don't believe in reincarnation & haven't seen enough solid evidence for it.

:0)

I know depression is no fun & I have a choice about how to deal with those feelings & what I can do to feel better. Thank you very much for the advice.

Thank you very much. Our minds are very powerful instruments. The poem just sprung into my head without any conscious effort from me but just because the poem was a lot of automatic thoughts entering my head doesn't mean there was nothing going on below the surface. I've been quite happy on & off the last month or so but these thoughts do spring to the surface sometimes. I think it's because so much happened so quickly & although I've had chance to process these events & thought I'd processed everything & was ready to move on & I'd started to move on maybe I haven't moved on completely or because I've been so busy doing other things those other things temporarily shifted all those events from my mind.

I had to have an end. Since the poem was about life's journey it seemed unavoidable for the end to be anything but death.

Thank you very much. I don't believe in reincarnation & haven't seen enough solid evidence for it.

:0)
Are you open to some..evidence (Bugger off Doc :) lol ) that might give you a reason to question your disbelief in reincarnation?
I know depression is no fun & I have a choice about how to deal with those feelings & what I can do to feel better. Thank you very much for the advice.
Yeah I have been on medication for depression for years, it helps make no mistake. But most of how it helps is to calm the madness. It is very easy for me to put on Rob Zombie and ride my motorbikes like I am Evil Knievil, instead of an overweight Ausie bloke riding a bike like I should. I have a list of broken bones, holes in body parts from crashes, damaged nerves and stretched tendons and more from letting the madness take hold, I should have been dead decades ago. lol
But back to the rebirth, do you want something to look at? I think it will blow your mind, one I can post is in your part f the world. Mind blowing.

Are you open to some..evidence (Bugger off Doc :) lol ) that might give you a reason to question your disbelief in reincarnation?

Yeah I have been on medication for depression for years, it helps make no mistake. But most of how it helps is to calm the madness. It is very easy for me to put on Rob Zombie and ride my motorbikes like I am Evil Knievil, instead of an overweight Ausie bloke riding a bike like I should. I have a list of broken bones, holes in body parts from crashes, damaged nerves and stretched tendons and more from letting the madness take hold, I should have been dead decades ago. lol
But back to the rebirth, do you want something to look at? I think it will blow your mind, one I can post is in your part f the world. Mind blowing.
I am open to some evidence to prove reincarnation exists.

I was on medication for depression for years but I beat my depression with little relapses every now & then. I haven't been on anti-depressants for years. I found writing, listening to music & singing along & incorporating mindfulness & hygge into my life helped a great deal as did painting. Anti-depressants just made me fat & sleep too much. They didn't help me at all. C.B.T. didn't help either. Self-analysis just caused me to over-analyse myself & over-think & made me feel worse. Transactional analysis made me feel a little better. Distraction therapy, mindfulness & hygge helped me most. I'm very sorry to hear you've been through so much.

I look forward to seeing your evidence.

Well I hope you are on top of your depression, mine is ongoing, most often dealt with though madness and excess. It works for me. I would rather die on a high from doing something crazy at 100 mph than die of melancholy looking at a TV with a blanket to keep me warm. For me its an easy choice.

Re the evidence gimme 5 :)

OK so for me here is just about the most compelling.
There ius a ton of other stuff I can send you.
But here is a good starting point.

The Summary...

The Documentary, it is long but really worth a look in my opinion.
Remeber this lady has never been out of Australia. Yet she knew all this stuff,
Tell me how.

Well I hope you are on top of your depression, mine is ongoing, most often dealt with though madness and excess. It works for me. I would rather die on a high from doing something crazy at 100 mph than die of melancholy looking at a TV with a blanket to keep me warm. For me its an easy choice.

Re the evidence gimme 5 :)
I am. I used to use alcohol to make me feel better. I find music helps a great deal both when I'm singing & when I'm listening to music. Doing both helps even more.

I am. I used to use alcohol to make me feel better. I find music helps a great deal both when I'm singing & when I'm listening to music. Doing both helps even more.
We live on different planets I think Horsa,
Yours is controlled, mine is chaos. I am sorry.

Check out the links of you can be bothered, maybe you might get something from it.

We live on different planets I think Horsa,
Yours is controlled, mine is chaos. I am sorry.

Check out the links of you can be bothered, maybe you might get something from it.
We don't, Dundee. We both live on the same planet. I just decided I was sick of feeling the way I did & the way some people treated me so decided to try to do something about it. There's no need for you to apologise. You've done nothing wrong.

I will check out the links when I have time & I'll tell you what I think of them when I have time to give you a proper answer if I'm capable of giving you a proper answer.

We don't, Dundee. We both live on the same planet. I just decided I was sick of feeling the way I did & the way some people treated me so decided to try to do something about it. There's no need for you to apologise. You've done nothing wrong.

I will check out the links when I have time & I'll tell you what I think of them when I have time to give you a proper answer if I'm capable of giving you a proper answer.
:) You are a good soul Horsa, me not so much. lol Thus the different planets,
In any case, I am watching the video, yet again. I hope you find hope in it like i do.

:) You are a good soul Horsa, me not so much. lol Thus the different planets,
In any case, I am watching the video, yet again. I hope you find hope in it like i do.
:0) I thought you meant that as people only make sense of the world around us through what is going on in our heads & you normally see things in a more realistic light whereas whether I interpret what's going on in the world realistically or in a dreamy & imaginative manner depends on my mood at the time hence the different planets, Dundee. I disagreed because although I can be dreamy & imaginative I am aware of what's going on in the world. I also wanted you to know that although there is so much bad going on in the world, there is some good too & you have some control over what's going on in the world around you. You may not have that much control but you have some. I'm not so good & you're not so bad.

I've just read 12th night. I'll be watching the DVD next. We're back on lockdown so although I've got a lot to do I've got a lot more time to do it in. I look forward to reading your information & watching your video. I'll let you know what I think after I've looked at all the information & processed it. I'm glad you find hope in it.