Freeman Bigfoot Video

So then what are all these people experiencing.....? How do we explain all the sightings, prints, smells, sounds...?
Are they all hoaxes..? There are serious anthropologists and others who say it's not beyond beleif that an offshoot from evolution could still be hanging around. It falls into the realm of just an unknown animal.
Would you like to make a small wager? Who would hold the stakes...? ;)
Hey @Dr Wu
I have avoided doing this but recent events make it relevant.
I read this after you posted it and my brain nearly exploded ;)
I decided to avoid it because we are all getting along so well
and I did not wish to jeopardize our recent peace treaty ☮️

But now I feel compelled to question the above post.
I have made very similar arguments with respect to UFOs which you and others have nailed me to the wall more times than I can count.

In this thread, you are making the above argument do defend a belief in Bigfoot.
If I had posted something like this and used UFO's as the context and not Bigfoot.
You guys would have crucified me.

Why is this a valid comment from you with Bigfoot as the reference,
But another comment from substituting Bigfoot for UFOs would have been met with all manner of distain?

Last edited by a moderator:
And FYI, I am with you on this one, I reckon there is enough evidence out there to make Bigfoot a credible critter :)

So let's pretend that some one really wants to get to the bottom of the Bigfoot controversy.
How do they do it ?

How about they organise a large force of people who know their way around the hills and valleys of the area where this critter was last reported.
They are all armed with rifles and tranqulised darts.

If they are careful, and take their time, they must find the Bigfoot. Then dart it.

Ok, so you have your beast; then what ?

I suggest (while it is unconscious,) take blood samples. maybe a bit of tissue. Fit a tracking device to part of it where it probably wont find it. Then go away and leave it to recover and get on with it's life.

The samples will help identify what it is.

The tracker will help keep track of where it goes.

That should be enough.
This would indicate if they are lone long lived things, or part of some kind of tribe.

Anyone got a better idea ?

Hey @Dr Wu
I have avoided doing this but recent events make it relevant.
I read this after you posted it and my brain nearly exploded ;)
I decided to avoid it because we are all getting along so well
and I did not wish to jeopardize our recent peace treaty ☮️

But now I feel compelled to question the above post.
I have made very similar arguments with respect to UFOs which you and others have nailed me to the wall more times than I can count.

In this thread, you are making the above argument do defend a belief in Bigfoot.
If I had posted something like this and used UFO's as the context and not Bigfoot.
You guys would have crucified me.

Why is this a valid comment from you with Bigfoot as the reference,
But another comment from substituting Bigfoot for UFOs would have been met with all manner of distain?
I think they are two different 'animals' and trying to equate them along lines of belief is a tricky analogy.
But at any rate each phenom needs to stand on it's own. I personally am on the fence regarding both Bigfoot and aliens (from outer space) actively vsiting earth. My post above was more of a tease or bait to get Hal to engage in talking about the topic. Apparently it caught someone . ;)

I think based on current aspects one can defend a belief in the existence of an unknown primate wandering deep forested areas and I also believe one can make a case to defend the presence of aliens in our skies or visiting earth....that does not mean either are true. It only means a case can be argued. Proof of either position remains to be seen.
:smile:

So let's pretend that some one really wants to get to the bottom of the Bigfoot controversy.
How do they do it ?

How about they organise a large force of people who know their way around the hills and valleys of the area where this critter was last reported.
They are all armed with rifles and tranqulised darts.

If they are careful, and take their time, they must find the Bigfoot. Then dart it.

Ok, so you have your beast; then what ?

I suggest (while it is unconscious,) take blood samples. maybe a bit of tissue. Fit a tracking device to part of it where it probably wont find it. Then go away and leave it to recover and get on with it's life.

The samples will help identify what it is.

The tracker will help keep track of where it goes.

That should be enough.
This would indicate if they are lone long lived things, or part of some kind of tribe.

Anyone got a better idea ?
This has been done many times by small groups of people over many years now...and they run the shows on tv regularly. Drones as well as planes and helicopters also have been used and trail cams have been set out many times in areas where people have spotted 'Bigfoot'. Infrared and night vision used also. So far no luck. They only thing they seem to get are footprints and casts of same. Some 'experts' say they are genuine unknown prints while others claim they are not...so the argument and quest continues.
I also often wonder often why no one has stumbled across a dead one by now or some other accident where one can produce hard evidence. It remins one of those mysteries.

This has been done many times by small groups of people over many years now...and they run the shows on tv regularly. Drones as well as planes and helicopters also have been used and trail cams have been set out many times in areas where people have spotted 'Bigfoot'. Infrared and night vision used also. So far no luck. They only thing they seem to get are footprints and casts of same. Some 'experts' say they are genuine unknown prints while others claim they are not...so the argument and quest continues.
I also often wonder often why no one has stumbled across a dead one by now or some other accident where one can produce hard evidence. It remins one of those mysteries.
I am a countrboy. How many dead birds. Foxes Rabbits possums etc have you seen excluding road kill.
Yet they are everywhere.

I think they are two different 'animals' and trying to equate them along lines of belief is a tricky analogy.
But at any rate each phenom needs to stand on it's own. I personally am on the fence regarding both Bigfoot and aliens (from outer space) actively vsiting earth. My post above was more of a tease or bait to get Hal to engage in talking about the topic. Apparently it caught someone . ;)

I think based on current aspects one can defend a belief in the existence of an unknown primate wandering deep forested areas and I also believe one can make a case to defend the presence of aliens in our skies or visiting earth....that does not mean either are true. It only means a case can be argued. Proof of either position remains to be seen.
:smile:
It was more about your unscientific plea for your opinion.
You could Replace the Bigfoot theme for UFOs and you'd sound like the rest of the world. 😁

It was more about your unscientific plea for your opinion.
You could Replace the Bigfoot theme for UFOs and you'd sound like the rest of the world. 😁
Please enlighten me on how it was 'unscientific'. I'm all ears.
And the 'rest of the world'..? I suspect you are referring to yourself.
;)

So then what are all these people experiencing.....? How do we explain all the sightings, prints, smells, sounds...?
Are they all hoaxes..? There are serious anthropologists and others who say it's not beyond beleif that an offshoot from evolution could still be hanging around. It falls into the realm of just an unknown animal.
Would you like to make a small wager? Who would hold the stakes...? ;)
I was referring to this. Hardly scientific and very much the kind of plea the rest of the world (non scientific) world might make.
I personally consider your post here one of your most reasonable. 😁

Well...'hardly scientific' is a two word phrase that describes most of the investigations into ufos and bigfoot in the whole world.
In most(all?) cases I have read, watched, and heard about it ends up being more about entertainment and ratings for the cable shows and about reinforcing the belief of those who already believe in the specific phenomenon they are 'investigating'.
I watched this series of episodes lately and found it...entertaining. He seems sincere in the aspects he looked into. But sadly Bigfoot was not catptured nor any smoking gun evidence.

Lol you are so scientific you don't even know what I mean. That post you wrote...
Was one that I could easily have put forward. That you would normally cut me down for. Lol
Stop squirming doc. We just found out that the robot has a soul loll

Lol you are so scientific you don't even know what I mean. That post you wrote...
Was one that I could easily have put forward. That you would normally cut me down for. Lol
Stop squirming doc. We just found out that the robot has a soul loll
I have already explained that was an attempt to get HAL to post his ideas...and not my underlying stance on Bigfoot per se.
I have said in several places I am on the fence on that.
But it does seem you have a problem (or gripe?) with science in general (you constantly mention it in a negative manner) and apparently have a need to believe in ufos based on your personal feelings.
You seem to have some stake in wanting to support the UFO enigma as being real and it being aliens from space and get upset when others don't adopt your position or take a skeptical stance. Or am I misreading you and off the mark? And I'm not trying to pigeon hole you btw.
And yes I do have a 'soul'...though I would argue there's no evidence of 'souls'.
:wink:

Lol. I didn't get upset at all. A bit baffled perhaps. But I do have a problem with science being used as the yard stick by which everything is measured. In my opinion it is a lazy way out. And one put from the perspective of some great holder of all truths. Science has done some incredible stuff and is responsible for most of our advancements. But like a one eyed football supporter they only talk about the wins.
At most points in recent centuries science has claimed superior knowledge of everything. Yet how many times have they got it wrong only to move the bar yet again. Pick a topic and the very scientists you hold in such esteem often can't agree.
So I'm unwilling to throw the baby out with the bathwater just because science says the baby is anecdotal.

As for sitting on the fence on things.
I have never much been one to do that. IMHO it's a bit of a lazy way out.
I am confident enough in myself to be willing to make a call based on my own judgment. Sometimes I get it wrong, sometimes not. But I will rarely sit on any fence. To me sitting on the fence is being like a heckler at a comedy event. But one that hecklers the comedian but also defends him against other hecklers. It gives them a bet both ways.
So no I have no personal interest in making Aliens real. I just have my own opinions.
One last point. What if hypothetically a small percentage of the reports you throw out were really ET. Look what you might miss by being too scared to pick a side.

When someone proves that there really are ETs than maybe more people will pick a side. Hypothetical will not get you far.
Having said that, if the latest American election fiasco is anything to go by, how would we ever know ?

Say, maybe someone can slip Trump a few Dollar to say ' I have proof that aliens exist'. That should do it.

If you could go back in time to Trump you would convince him not to run for office. Lol
I just don't get the harsh skepticism is all. I imagined that most people on a UFO forum had some sort of belief in UFOs. It seems weird to me to join a forum hat you don't believe in the subject matter.
Like joining a Christian support group when you ont believe in God. Every opinion is welcome. Variety is the spice of life. But I imagined folks had an interest.
But that's just me. What do I know?

Lol. I didn't get upset at all. A bit baffled perhaps. But I do have a problem with science being used as the yard stick by which everything is measured. In my opinion it is a lazy way out. And one put from the perspective of some great holder of all truths. Science has done some incredible stuff and is responsible for most of our advancements. But like a one eyed football supporter they only talk about the wins.
At most points in recent centuries science has claimed superior knowledge of everything. Yet how many times have they got it wrong only to move the bar yet again. Pick a topic and the very scientists you hold in such esteem often can't agree.
So I'm unwilling to throw the baby out with the bathwater just because science says the baby is anecdotal.

As for sitting on the fence on things.
I have never much been one to do that. IMHO it's a bit of a lazy way out.
I am confident enough in myself to be willing to make a call based on my own judgment. Sometimes I get it wrong, sometimes not. But I will rarely sit on any fence. To me sitting on the fence is being like a heckler at a comedy event. But one that hecklers the comedian but also defends him against other hecklers. It gives them a bet both ways.
So no I have no personal interest in making Aliens real. I just have my own opinions.
One last point. What if hypothetically a small percentage of the reports you throw out were really ET. Look what you might miss by being too scare ;)
Dundee,
You often seem to be angry about what you call skeptics and science ( btw it allows you to be here discussing this) and you did compliment science in a backhanded way above. Science is not the enemy. It is only a tool and should be used to bolster ones position if warranted.
And 'sitting on the fence' (neutrality) is an intelligent position when the facts are lacking and unclear...and it would be nice if more people understood this instead of rushing to a conclusion based on emotions or the 'need' to take a position on something not well understood.
And yes...at times .... the way you post does seem like you have a personal stake in this . You seem defensive quite often and bring up science and skeptics when the discussion changes course and btw this is not the first time this has happened.

Instead of bashing science and investigation maybe one should use it instead as an ally to find truth....just a thought.
:unsure:

"There is no religion higher than the Truth."
-old Hindu saying-

Science has no answers on this one so far. So I am not hiding behind science to avoid having an opinion.

And as for rushing to a conclusion that's pretty funny. There have been 10s of thousands of reports over the years. Paintings, historical accounts. Biblical events open to questions. Many accounts from Astronauts such as Gordon Cooper. Pilots soldiers air traffic controllers and more. Yet you with a straight face expect us to put every single one of those accounts aside and sit on the fence because your yardstick of credibility is a peetree dish? If I see a car go past my house. I can't prove it. But it doesn't mean it didn't happen. So what use is science in that instance? By your standard we should believe nothing anyone says.
You seem determined to believe what you want about me. That's fine, it helps your opinions I guess.

Ok....back to the weird topic of Bigfoot....and aliens . ;)
Some have come to think that Bigfoot is more than an ordinary creature. ...probably not much weirder than all the other stuff around ufos and aliens.