Happy Yule!

I hope those mushrooms are chocolate. It looks like a triffid. But a nice to eat triffid. So that's a yule log... Mmmmm
Well, they don't look like coconut mushrooms which are lovely. (Coconut mushrooms are my favourite old-fashioned sweets.) Yes, that's a Yule log.

Say the number above in words.
Usually at work i would say it as:
Zero point zero, zero one percent.

Christmas is tomorrow but i can't celebrate due to coronavirus, my father's family are mostly from the other states. It's a holiday tomorrow but i don't know what to do, maybe just rest.

Reactions: Horsa
Usually at work i would say it as:
Zero point zero, zero one percent.

Christmas is tomorrow but i can't celebrate due to coronavirus, my father's family are mostly from the other states. It's a holiday tomorrow but i don't know what to do, maybe just rest.
You can still celebrate Xmas. You just can't do it in the same way as you normally do. You can still read Xmas books, Carol-sing, listen to Xmas music & watch Xmas films. Charles Dickens Xmas books are very good. I read them every year.

Reactions: Fish
You can still celebrate Xmas. You just can't do it in the same way as you normally do. You can still read Xmas books, Carol-sing, listen to Xmas music & watch Xmas films. Charles Dickens Xmas books are very good. I read them every year.
I celebrate it with my colleagues today, they played some Christmas songs and had some chat. Imo festivals are to connect people, it's not a festival without human connection. This one song he played reminds me of my father.

I celebrate it with my colleagues today, they played some Christmas songs and chat. Imo festivals are to connect people, it's not a festival without human connection. This one song he played reminds me of my father.

That's great. I hope you enjoyed yourself. Normally that's the case especially as humans are soc. creatures however, sometimes you can celebrate without other people. For example, I celebrate Halloween the Pagan way which is to light a candle & think of people you knew that had passed on. Mind you, you can connect with people without being present. I know it's not the same but you can use telephone contact. That's a good song. Thank you very much for sharing.

A little boy wrote a letter to Santa asking him to send him a baby sister for Xmas.
Santa wrote back... OK, sent me your Mother. 🤣

Did you hear about the dyslexic Devil worshipper?
Apparently he sold his soul to SANTA
😈🎅

Xmas morning here in OZ Santa has been and gone heading your way. I hope all my wonderful friends here on AB have a great and safe Xmas.
Your all my extended family and I wish you all good cheer.
And a special thanks to LETA for providing us with a home here on Alien Babble. It is a lot of work at 2.am when we're all asleep... Well you are I'm not usually asleep then. 😂
Thanks heaps LETA.
Merry Xmas to all.

A little boy wrote a letter to Santa asking him to send him a baby sister for Xmas.

😈🎅

Xmas morning here in OZ Santa has been and gone heading your way. I hope all my wonderful friends here on AB have a great and safe Xmas.
And a special thanks to LETA for providing us with a home here on Alien Babble. It is a lot of work at 2.am when we're all asleep... Well you are I'm not usually asleep then. 😂
Thanks heaps LETA.
Merry Xmas to all.
Haha!

I hope you got what you wanted for Xmas.

Merry Xmas!

Thank you very much to Leta for all her hard work keeping everything up & running.

😈🎅

Thanks heaps LETA.
Merry Xmas to all.
I screwed up the Christmas dinner.

Looking for a low rent dog house.

Oh shit do tell. I promise I won't laugh 🤣🤣
Well, the original plan was to forego the usual Christmas dinner, and just get a take-away instead. There are just the two of us and it seemed simpler.

But at the last minute I changed my mind and bought a nice piece of pork loin.

I've cooked pork loin before, and my garlic pork ala France is famous throughout the land. (well, maybe not throughout the land).

It came with instructions on the back. 20 Minutes at Gas Mark 6 followed by 40 minutes at Gas Mark 3. This seemed a bit low to me, but that's what it said.

So, followed the instructions exactly, but allowed an extra ten minutes as our cooker seems to need it.

Meal is dished up. But the pork seemed a little 'rubbery' But it looked cooked.

It wasn't. I think it should have been done at a higher heat. Or even done in our back-up electric cooker. But my wife insisted.

The sprouts, spuds and carrots were fine.

Tomorrow we are having pork curry.

Hmm well given the percentage liability assigned to your good self the doghouse seems a bit harsh. I would have thought some good old fashioned groveling ans some well thought out flattery would suffice. Your missus did play a part in the pre oven decision making process. However we both know the risks involved in pointing that out. You'll find yourself banned from your own doghouse and in your mates... If he is not occupy it.
I have heard crying helps, though don't let the lads down the pub find out. Good luck.. And if worse comes to worse, the dog will not mind the company.

There seems to be a certain amount of risk involved in those options.

I shall settle for the pork curry. Maybe try my old stand-by, leek and potato soup; with added pork. My cat will gladly assist in reducing the pile of pork to manageable proportions.

• Haha
Reactions: Dundee
Seriously though, its easy to stuff up. I am not much of a cook, and my cooking is also known throughout the land, but I suspect for different reasons and none of them flattering. lol

I gave myself food poisoning a month or so back. I live with two of my adult sons and the consensus of opinion was that to look the chicken Minyong should only take about 15 mins as it was wrapped in Bacon therefor in order to not burn said bacon any longer would make no sense. To that end this Genius turned on the oven to 180, (yes from cold) and set the timer for 20 mins allowing an extra 5 for the oven to heat. The brains trust had already had a whisky or two so by the time I sat in front of you-tube and had a bite I was distracted. I chewed away only half paying attention due to the ghostly content I was watching on YouTube, (blame Chills for that) vaguely noting this chicken seemed awfully tough. Maybe I over cooked it on the outside I thought.
It wasn't till bite two was swallowed that I thought something a miss and turned on the light to see a lovely uncooked pink bit of almost raw chicken inside a crispy bacon shell with some lovely melted garlic butter on top,

After a little googling I discovered 45 mins on about 190 - 200c in a preheated oven was more appropriate.
Who knew??? Well probably everyone other than me.

I spent the next week visiting the smallest room in the house with terrible stomach cramps.
Lesson learned, google is the best friend to a house with only bachelors in it..

jb8dtSr.jpg

Seriously though, its easy to stuff up. I am not much of a cook, and my cooking is also known throughout the land, but I suspect for different reasons and none of them flattering. lol

I gave myself food poisoning a month or so back. I live with two of my adult sons and the consensus of opinion was that to look the chicken Minyong should only take about 15 mins as it was wrapped in Bacon therefor in order to not burn said bacon any longer would make no sense. To that end this Genius turned on the oven to 180, (yes from cold) and set the timer for 20 mins allowing an extra 5 for the oven to heat. The brains trust had already had a whisky or two so by the time I sat in front of you-tube and had a bite I was distracted. I chewed away only half paying attention due to the ghostly content I was watching on YouTube, (blame Chills for that) vaguely noting this chicken seemed awfully tough. Maybe I over cooked it on the outside I thought.
It wasn't till bite two was swallowed that I thought something a miss and turned on the light to see a lovely uncooked pink bit of almost raw chicken inside a crispy bacon shell with some lovely melted garlic butter on top,

After a little googling I discovered 45 mins on about 190 - 200c in a preheated oven was more appropriate.
Who knew??? Well probably everyone other than me.

I spent the next week visiting the smallest room in the house with terrible stomach cramps.
Lesson learned, google is the best friend to a house with only bachelors in it..
What you usually cook or eat for lunch, dinner and breakfast?

Myself i mostly cook curry (like fish curry, chicken curry and vegetarian) with rice and vegetables for lunch and dinner. I don't usually eat breakfast, i mostly just drink tea only.

What you usually cook or eat for lunch, dinner and breakfast?

Myself i mostly cook curry (like fish curry, chicken curry and vegetarian) with rice and vegetables for lunch and dinner. I don't usually eat breakfast, i mostly just drink tea only.
I am not much of a cook really, I am not too bad at Indian food, my sons say my Samosas are better than the ones from the Indian vendors at the market. Other than that I eat pretty poorly really. I don't do too bad a job of pasta, I have not eaten beef in 30 years, so if I eat meat it is usually, chicken. I don't mind pork but usually only do a pork for Xmas lunch.

I eat way to many bachelor meals from the frozen food aisle in the supermarket.
One of my sons and I drink a lot of different sorts of Tea.

Pretty much a bachelors life, butone who doesnt cook much.

I am not much of a cook really, I am not too bad at Indian food, my sons say my Samosas are better than the ones from the Indian vendors at the market. Other than that I eat pretty poorly really. I don't do too bad a job of pasta, I have not eaten beef in 30 years, so if I eat meat it is usually, chicken. I don't mind pork but usually only do a pork for Xmas lunch.

I eat way to many bachelor meals from the frozen food aisle in the supermarket.
One of my sons and I drink a lot of different sorts of Tea.

Pretty much a bachelors life, butone who doesnt cook much.

I learn cooking by myself, i started with Chinese cooking mostly at first because it was easy, i just try to cook the food i ate in the restaurant then later i try to find some recipes online. Mostly started cooking a lot at the age 20 because i lived alone and coming back from work to eat instant food is quite depressing.

Now i still cook early in the morning, preparing for lunch to eat in my office at work, but this past few days i have been eating instant noodles, i feel tired to cook.

Reactions: Dundee