Happy Yule!

What's pound and an F 🤣🤣vis that like a kilo and a C but only medieval. 😝
I
20-25 minutes per pound at 375'F.................what the hell is a gas mark?
:)
I thought most of you guys in the US of A were still using Fahrenheit to measure temperature ? And the Gas Mark is a standard for people who use gas cookers. I thought this would be natural for some one who uses Bushels and cups for measurement. ;)

I can use them all, but tend to stick to Metric most of the time.

I

I thought most of you guys in the US of A were still using Fahrenheit to measure temperature ? And the Gas Mark is a standard for people who use gas cookers. I thought this would be natural for some one who uses Bushels and cups for measurement. ;)

I can use them all, but tend to stick to Metric most of the time.
Yes...fahrenheit is all that's used on ovens here ....there might be some metric ones...never seen one. 375 F,,, that's fahrenheit.
No 'gas marks' per se on US ovens and stoves that I know of...but my oven is about 10 years old.

I do remember my school note books always having the rear covers printed with conversion charts; back in the late forties/fifties. And slide rules, Log Tables etc.
Today's school kids don't know how easy they have it.

I think the main point about the gas mark is that it gives an equivalence to a certain temperature in the oven. That way all ovens set at, say Gas Mark 5, will be at the same temperature. Useful if you don't have thermometers built in.
My oven is oldish, and has no thermometer. But I do have one I can place inside it if I want to check the actual temp.

What unit they use in Oz is anyone's guess. ;)

Every time I try to use the imperial system I think some bugger in history made it all up as a joke. Just to make life miserable for the peasants. But somehow it caught on. Bloody. Ounces and Troy ounces. Chain's rudes. And a mile... 1769 yards...?
Nope had to be a joke and no one realized.

0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. You now know the whole metric system. 😁

I think the main point about the gas mark is that it gives an equivalence to a certain temperature in the oven. That way all ovens set at, say Gas Mark 5, will be at the same temperature. Useful if you don't have thermometers built in.
My oven is oldish, and has no thermometer. But I do have one I can place inside it if I want to check the actual temp.

What unit they use in Oz is anyone's guess. ;)
We use the burn scale... Like litmus paper. You hold your hand on the oven door and count to 5. Then compare your hand to the burn color on a chart you get from the council. The burn colors correspond to cook times in hour glass turns.

We use the burn scale... Like litmus paper. You hold your hand on the oven door and count to 5. Then compare your hand to the burn color on a chart you get from the council. The burn colors correspond to cook times in hour glass turns.
That's how we always imagine Ozzies... practical.

Every time I try to use the imperial system I think some bugger in history made it all up as a joke. Just to make life miserable for the peasants. But somehow it caught on. Bloody. Ounces and Troy ounces. Chain's rudes. And a mile... 1769 yards...?
Nope had to be a joke and no one realized.

0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. You now know the whole metric system. 😁

Then the techies added ABCDEF.

Success with the pork curry.

Once again the Sun shines from my bum.

As long as that is the only thing coming from there in the next few hours, I'm home a dry.

Reputation recovered. :)

Sounds like storm Bella has arrived.

Uncomfortable creaking coming from the double glazing behind me. Also things falling over outside.

Going to be rough for a few hours.

Success with the pork curry.

Once again the Sun shines from my bum.

As long as that is the only thing coming from there in the next few hours, I'm home a dry.

Reputation recovered. :)
Well done, and the dog didn't have to worry about a temporary lodger in his kennel. Shine away oh radiant one. ☀️

Sounds like storm Bella has arrived.

Uncomfortable creaking coming from the double glazing behind me. Also things falling over outside.

Going to be rough for a few hours.
I love extreme weather. I'm jealous.
I'm one of those dick heads you see on the news behind the newsreader with no shirt and shorts doing backstroke across the street