Happy Yule!

First time hearing about yule log. Googled it and it looks like swiss rolls.
They are chocolate swiss rolls with chocolate round them & icing sugar sprinkled on top.

Hi! Long time, no see! How are you?

Reactions: Fish
They are chocolate swiss rolls with chocolate round them & icing sugar sprinkled on top.

Hi! Long time, no see! How are you?

Yeah long time no see. I'm ok just a little stressed with work, the computer is not being so nice with me, no matter how much i correct it some how there will magically have errors.

How about you, how are you?

Yeah long time no see. I'm ok just a little stressed with work, the computer is not being so nice with me, no matter how much i correct it some how there will magically have errors.

How about you, how are you?
P.C. probs can be a pain.

I'm fine. Thank you very much for asking. I'm enjoying Yule so far & looking forward to New Year. I've had a bad year this year & am looking forward to moving on. I hope next year is going to be better.

P.C. probs can be a pain.

I'm fine. Thank you very much for asking. I'm enjoying Yule so far & looking forward to New Year. I've had a bad year this year & am looking forward to moving on. I hope next year is going to be better.
I see. This year has been both bad and good for me. Although my job now is seen by many as a big deal being a Executive but i don't really earn as much as i did before. The responsibility is a lot and i work a lot, mostly thinking ability is required like around 90%, but the pay is little.

But looking at the bright side i have learn something from it and i have a better chance to apply for better jobs in the future cuz i have the experience, something not everyone have.

Reactions: Horsa
I see. This year has been both bad and good for me. Although my job now is seen by many as a big deal being a Executive but i don't really earn as much as i did before. The responsibility is a lot and i work a lot, mostly thinking ability is required like around 90%, but the pay is little.

But looking at the bright side i have learn something from it and i have a better chance to apply for better jobs in the future cuz i have the experience, something not everyone have.
My job isn't the best paid but it's very varied. It can be challenging or it can be relaxing depending what side of my job role I'm doing. All my colleagues are fun, friendly & supportive. Some are fascinating too. I've had better paid jobs that I haven't enjoyed as much. I find this job rewarding too. Money isn't everything though we need it to live on. I work in the arts/crafts, history & music side of heritage preservation. I've learnt a lot too.

Exactly. Your last paragraph is spot on.

My job isn't the best paid but it's very varied. It can be challenging or it can be relaxing depending what side of my job role I'm doing. All my colleagues are fun, friendly & supportive. Some are fascinating too. I've had better paid jobs that I haven't enjoyed as much. I find this job rewarding too. Money isn't everything though we need it to live on. I work in the arts/crafts, history & music side of heritage preservation. I've learnt a lot too.

Exactly. Your last paragraph is spot on.
I do enjoy my job but as a Executive we are the ones who make the decisions and without us this whole manufacturing company will have to stop working, even the CEOs can't do anything. And if we make a mistake the production will be wrong and the company can lose a lot of money. Not to mention we does projects for international companies also.

With that kind of responsibility and with that kind of a salary is just sad to look at. My previous job was way more easy and i never seen such a low digit number in my salary slip before.

I do enjoy my job but as a Executive we are the ones who make the decisions and without us this whole manufacturing company will have to stop working, even the CEOs can't do anything. And if we make a mistake the production will be wrong and the company can lose a lot of money. Not to mention we does projects for international companies also.

With that kind of responsibility and with that kind of a salary is just sad to look at. My previous job was way more easy and i never seen such a low digit number in my salary slip before.
I understand. All I was saying is sometimes it's better to be in a job you enjoy with people you like working with & get less money than a job you don't enjoy & people you don't like working with & getting more money.

I make more decisions now & have a lot more responsibilities but don't get as much money as I used to but I love it a lot more. I say I work in the arts/crafts, history & music side of heritage preservation because it's quicker & easier than listing my job roles. At work I'm a crafter, knitter, quilter, embroiderer, milliner, painter, potter, weaver, sales assistant, archivist, teacher/teaching assistant, events planner, historical researcher, museum-floor worker, singer & sing-along conductor & I love it. It can be challenging & rewarding but it can be relaxing.

Yeah but this is different, one tiny mistake, whole production goes wrong, the company lose money, the CEOs will turn red.

We have to be like a robot, checking all those CAD drawings, for even the micro measurement differences. We cannot be a human, human error cannot be accepted in this industry.

Yeah but this is different, one tiny mistake, whole production goes wrong, the company lose money, the CEOs will turn red.

We have to be like a robot, checking all those CAD drawings, for even the micro measurement differences. We cannot be a human, human error cannot be accepted in this industry.
I know. It's important for me to be absolutely accurate too. I've got to think about people's health & safety. We have to ensure people enjoy themselves. Accuracy is important here as well as if we get something wrong people are misinformed & we are at fault. Some of the records I produce when cataloguing artefacts will be seen by people a long time in the future. If they're wrong people will get a wrong idea of what happened in the past. The idea of heritage preservation is to preserve our heritage for people in the future. We do this partially by teaching people. I even get told what to wear down to the hair-style & make-up sometimes as I have to look authentic in some events.

We have to be like robots sometimes & can't be human & make mistakes so I understand where you're coming from.

I see but its really not the same, i understand, i was a consultant before and compare to this, this is way different. All jobs are not the same.

I know it's not the same & all jobs aren't the same but much different. I was just meaning that money isn't everything though you need it to live. Enjoyment & other rewards can be much more important. (Nothing can compare to the way I feel when children really enjoy themselves when I teach them or when old people are enjoying me getting them singing as a reward.) Lives are more important. The way people are treated is more important. I'm not saying it's not important to do your job right. It is but for a different reason. It's important for you not to make a mistake so you don't lose money for the company so they don't lose profits & run out of business. It's important for me not to make a mistake so people are safe, healthy, happy & well-informed & people in the future will have the right information to give them a proper picture of how we lived in the past.

I see but its really not the same, i understand, i was a consultant before and compare to this, this is way different. All jobs are not the same.
My point is that you've got a good job. You enjoy your job & who you work with. You should be grateful for the experience instead of just moaning about money. Maybe you do make a lot of decisions & have to be accurate but that doesn't mean that you're working harder than the others & have done more work & deserve more money. I understand that if you make mistakes & the company loses money they lose profits & could go out of business if they lose too many profits in the same way that if I make mistakes people's health & safety could be compromised, people could be misinformed or unhappy or people of the future could have the wrong information about how people lived in the past. I know everyone needs money to live but if you want to be happy being less money-motivated might be a great help.

My point is that you've got a good job. You enjoy your job & who you work with. You should be grateful for the experience instead of just moaning about money. Maybe you do make a lot of decisions & have to be accurate but that doesn't mean that you're working harder than the others & have done more work & deserve more money. I understand that if you make mistakes & the company loses money they lose profits & could go out of business if they lose too many profits in the same way that if I make mistakes people's health & safety could be compromised, people could be misinformed or unhappy or people of the future could have the wrong information about how people lived in the past. I know everyone needs money to live but if you want to be happy being less money-motivated might be a great help.
We come to work for money only, even if i have grandchildrens one day, no one is going to be interested to hear about my working experience, probably by then a lot of new tech will be there and my experience will be of no use. But they will certainly be interested to know about my wealth, Money > Experience.

Sorry for the late reply, i have to finish this glove project fast, it's going to be shipped to Köln, Germany and Ocala, Florida for this coronavirus stuff.

Now it's lunch time for me.

We come to work for money only, even if i have grandchildrens one day, no one is going to be interested to hear about my working experience, probably by then a lot of new tech will be there and my experience will be of no use. But they will certainly be interested to know about my wealth, Money > Experience.

Sorry for the late reply, i have to finish this glove project fast, it's going to be shipped to Köln, Germany and Ocala, Florida for this coronavirus stuff.

Now it's lunch time for me.
We don't just go to work for money. We go to work for the experience & to learn new things & help others as well as make friends. People will be interested in your working life & experience like archivists & historians for example. Money is not greater than experience. It's just a means of exchange that we need at the end of the day. We haven't always had it & wouldn't need it if people would share everything & get on with everyone & help them. It can't buy the most important things in life like love, happiness, health, safety & friendship.

It's o.k. That's a good thing you're doing.

Bon appetit!

All employers expect accuracy. And a small cabinet maker losing half his profits is just as devistating for him as a large business is to a multinational.

As for levels of responsibility. It is all relative. I am in It and support paramedics. If I mess up it effects them. If they mess up it effects their patients. If the mechanic messes up their ambulance stops.

All jobs are important and can be high pressure or fun.

We all contribute to the machine.

Reactions: Horsa
All employers expect accuracy. And a small cabinet maker losing half his profits is just as deviating for him as a lorge business is to a multinational.

As for levels of responsibility. It is all relative. I am in It and support paramedics. If I mess up it effects them. If they mess up it effects their patients. If the mechanic messes up their ambulance stops.

All jobs are important and can be high pressure or fun.

We all contribute to the machine.
You have a very important job then which is more important than mine as it's a matter of life & death & lives are more important than money.

My job is both high pressure & fun at times.

You have a very important job then which is more important than mine as it's a matter of life & death & lives are more important than money.

My job is both high pressure & fun at times.
But what a horrible world we would have without historians and culture. Think of the thousands maybe millions of people whose lives you make better because of what you are doing. Look at what would be lost to time if it were not for people like you.
No I disagree. All jobs are as important as the next.

But what a horrible world we would have without historians and culture. Think of the thousands maybe millions of people whose lives you make better because of what you are doing. Look at what would be lost to time if it were not for people like you.
No I disagree. All jobs are as important as the next.
Life wouldn't be as interesting or enjoyable without arts/crafts, history or music though. I guess people would have a healthy physical life without arts/crafts, history & music but their intellectual life would be quite dead. I think Doctors, nurses, mid-wives, paramedics, 1st-aiders, pharmacists, dentists, opticians & audiologists are the most important jobs as well as carers but we need people with all different professions to work together to make the world work.

Reactions: Dundee