Trump to be Impeached

Don't you just love the Constitution.

Add a couple of lawyers and it will get you out of any mess you get into.

If you have money.
Money, lawyers, and the law are not really the story here. This is all on the GOP senators (57 for conviction and 43 to acquit ) who voted to acquit him because they are worried about getting reelected. They are cowards.,,plain and simple. Only 7 GOP senators crossed the line to convict him. I believe in private they all think he's a jerk but politics reared it's ugly head.
(One wonders if a Dem pres had done a similar thing would the Dems have crossed over enough to convict?)

What do y'all think would have happened if Pence, Pelosi or one of the Senators had been killed ?

What do y'all think would have happened if Pence, Pelosi or one of the Senators had been killed ?
Good question...I honestly don't know....but there would have been hell to pay , big major Fed investigation, and Drumpf probably would have been convicted.
Does anyone know if Pence tried to get through to Trump on the phone during all this ?
No idea but they say Drumpf sat around and watched it all and was amused and didn't seem worried about Pence or anyone else.

Dr Wu wrote..

..Good question...I honestly don't know....but there would have been hell to pay , big major Fed investigation, and Drumpf probably would have been convicted...

But would he ? After all, if he wasn't deemed guilty by the Republicans on the charge of inciting when no Senator was killed, why should there be any change if one was ? Maybe all the more reason to say he was innocent.

I suspect that the people he threw under the bus would have got the blame. As they more or less did. "I didn't tell them to do it, it was their idea. I just wanted a peaceful demo'.

As one Senator pointed out. " how were the mob supposed to stop the confirmation unless they were physically in the chamber ?".

Dr Wu wrote..

..Good question...I honestly don't know....but there would have been hell to pay , big major Fed investigation, and Drumpf probably would have been convicted...

But would he ? After all, if he wasn't deemed guilty by the Republicans on the charge of inciting when no Senator was killed, why should there be any change if one was ? Maybe all the more reason to say he was innocent.

I suspect that the people he threw under the bus would have got the blame. As they more or less did. "I didn't tell them to do it, it was their idea. I just wanted a peaceful demo'.

As one Senator pointed out. " how were the mob supposed to stop the confirmation unless they were physically in the chamber ?".
It's always hard to speculate...but if a Congressperson had died (especially if one of the hard right guys did) I think it would have set a far different tone in Congress, but again it's just a guess.
Since none of them were hurt they went on to show what cowards they truly are.

True.

We will see what happens. McConnell was between a rock and a hard place. Guess he maybe thought that if he has invoked article 25 (?) and just kicked Trump out when he was President than the faithful would see trump as a martyr. Trump really would have played up to that.

I just can't understand why so many people fell for his Big Lie.

No doubt more will be on CNN tonight.

What do the locals think ?

My state is a conservative one...Pence, our former Governor, lives about 3 hours southeast of where I live.
My local area is mostly Dems....but still a lot of Trump voters around here also.
I avoid talking to them.
It is amazing that so many people voted for him both times. He clearly is not a nice man, has had many public scandals over the last 10 years , and shoots his mouth off...yet Americans elected this jerk. That doesn't say much about American intelligence...but this has always been more about emotions and a cult of personality than about reason and logic.
If the people who voted for him had an uncle like that they wouldn't be hanging with him yet it's ok to vote this a**hole into the white house. Wow...that's about all one can say. :(

Sad to say, Biden is turning his back on some of the campaign promises he made. Not unexpected from a career politician but sad nevertheless. Whatever happened to win the senate for dems and the stimulus checks will go out the next day? It has been almost 3 months. :ROFLMAO:

I'm wondering which taxes will rise to pay for all this give-away when the smoke clears.

You could raise your gas (petrol) prices to the same as ours.

Reactions: Dr Wu
I'm wondering which taxes will rise to pay for all this give-away when the smoke clears.

A government is morally bankrupt when they spend billions in a totally unnecessary space force yet keep their citizens without universal healthcare or stimulus checks to pay for AB's hosting.:rolleyes:

Sad to say, Biden is turning his back on some of the campaign promises he made. Not unexpected from a career politician but sad nevertheless. Whatever happened to win the senate for dems and the stimulus checks will go out the next day? It has been almost 3 months. :ROFLMAO:
I'm no experrt on these things but doesn't he have to get Congressional approval for the money and the GOP have been fighting to change this bill since he was elected. The problem was he wanted more money than they were willing to agree to.
Ergo,,,,blame the Republicans who also tried to destroy democracy.

If I recall correctly, when Obama was in power they Republicans did all they could to block his plans.
And Trump did all he could to unwind anything he did get through.

Biden's administration will face the same procedure.

Agree....where's all this money coming from...? In this case I tend to think the GOP have a point in that we need to give some money to the people but the gubbermint is also flat broke. It's funny.....the people, right and left, want all of these benefits and things yet don't want to pay for it with taxes or even consider where the money is coming from.
:erwhat?:

I've heard something about a farmer's revolt. I thought Modi was kewl...

But they do have a space program while they get foreign aid from places like the UK. Why not just but the info from richer nations ?

I'm no experrt on these things but doesn't he have to get Congressional approval for the money and the GOP have been fighting to change this bill since he was elected. The problem was he wanted more money than they were willing to agree to.
Ergo,,,,blame the Republicans who also tried to destroy democracy.
My understanding is that he doesn't need republicans to pass the bill since dems control the senate, no? He should be rollsteaming past them, but no, cuz he wants bipartisanship kumbaya lol

My understanding is that he doesn't need republicans to pass the bill since dems control the senate, no? He should be rollsteaming past them, but no, cuz he wants bipartisanship kumbaya lol

He'll never get a love-in with the Republicans...ain't gonna happen.